CBSE Class 9 Social Science Revision Notes
Introduction to CBSE Exam
The CBSE is one of the top boards that is widespread in India as well as marks its presence across other countries. There are 25,000 plus schools in India and approximately 140 schools worldwide that are affiliated with CBSE. It aims to provide a common platform for all students by maintaining a high standard of education. The CBSE curriculum is designed to prepare students for all school level and national level competitive exams such as NEET, JEE, AIIMS entrance exams.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes
9th Class is a crucial juncture in the students’ lives. It sets the base for class 10th. Students are advised to start their board exam preparation in class 9th itself. NCERT textbooks are the best resource to first complete along with NCERT exemplars. Then students can rely on Extramarks study materials such as CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes and our solutions for past years’ question papers. Our revision notes and question paper solutions are based on the NCERT syllabus and created by an expert academics team. They are written in easy-to-understand language, so students prefer these notes along with the official NCERT textbooks. The revision notes are compact and serve right for quick last-minute revisions.
The CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes comprises History, Geography, Political Science, and Economics notes and creates a foundation for class 10 exams. Students will get an idea of how the questions are asked in the exams. The CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes contains all important topics from the CBSE Class 9 syllabus chapters.
Chapter-wise Revision Notes for Class 9 Social Science
Social Science is one of the main subjects in Class 9 from an examination point of view. While studying this subject, students will learn about social norms, our national history, how to become responsible citizens, the global and national environment, etc.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes entails important topics from all chapters of History, Geography, Economics, and Political Science. With the help of these class 9 SST notes, the revision will become quick and easy.
1. History Notes: India and the Contemporary World – I
The CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes for History explains how the history of India is related to the history of the world. Beginning with the French revolution, Russian revolution, and socialism in Europe, the book also deals with topics like Pastoralists, forest society, and farmers.
- Chapter No. 1 The French Revolution
- Chapter No. 2 Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
- Chapter No. 3 Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
- Chapter No. 4 Forest Society and Colonialism
- Chapter No. 5 Pastoralists in the Modern World
- Chapter No. 6 Peasants and Farmers
- Chapter No. 7 History and Sport: The Story of Cricket (Deleted)
- Chapter No. 8 Clothing: A Social History (Deleted)
2. Geography Notes: Contemporary India – I
There are a total of six chapters in 9th class social science notes of Geography. These chapters provide brief geographical information about India. They are based on the mountains and deserts, climate, vegetation, wildlife, and population in the Country.
- Chapter 1 India: Size and Location
- Chapter 2 Physical Features of India
- Chapter 3 Drainage
- Chapter 4 Climate
- Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and WildLife
- Chapter 6 Population
3. Class 9 Civics (Political Science): Democratic Politics – I
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes of Civics deals with present situations and aspects of democracy. The chapters provide information about the democratic stories of different nations along with the making of the Indian constitution. The class 9 social notes chapters also give an idea of elections conducted, institutions, and rights included in the constitution.
- Chapter 1 Democracy in the Contemporary World
- Chapter 2 What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
- Chapter 3 Constitutional Design
- Chapter 4 Electoral Politics
- Chapter 5 Working of Institutions
- Chapter 6 Democratic Rights
4. Class 9 Economics: Understanding Economic Development – I
The four chapters in the CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes of Economics deals with the story of Palampur, people as a resource, poverty, and food security in our Country, India.
- Chapter 1 The Story of Village Palampur
- Chapter 2 People as Resource
- Chapter 3 Poverty as a Challenge
- Chapter 4 Food Security in India
Benefits of CBSE class 9 Social Science Notes
- The 9th class social science notes cover all important topics, thus making revision quick and easy.
- The notes also teach students some shortcuts, tricks, and formulas to memorise historical events and dates, geographical information and make the learning journey enjoyable.
- These notes are a beneficial resource that will help students know each chapter’s most important concepts and weightage to plan their studies.
- It enables students to build a strong foundation for class 10th board exams.
- The notes also help the students to solve the CBSE extra questions that are most likely asked in exams.
How Extramarks Can Help Students for Class 9 Social Science?
The CBSE class 9 Social Science notes available on the Extramarks website provide key points and chapter summaries. These revision notes are prepared by academic experts based on the latest NCERT syllabus. Students can also print these notes and study using hard copies.
We understand the importance of Class 9 as a base for 10th boards. So we have created exhaustive study resources on our Extramarks portal for all primary, secondary, and higher secondary classes. You will get one place access to the chapter syllabus, last year’s CBSE question papers, revision notes, sample test papers, etc., which will save a lot of your time to look for these materials across various places. This would also reduce pressure and increase confidence during your exam preparation time.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Which reference book should I use to study Social Science in class 9?
Students are advised to use the following books:
- Super Refresher Social Science by the MBD Group
- Class 9 Social Science Question Bank by Oswal Publications
2. What is the necessity for revision notes?
The CBSE class 9 Social Science notes comprise all questions present in the exercise section behind each chapter in the NCERT books. The answers provided by the Extramarks aim to clarify all doubts and help students get an in-depth understanding of all concepts. Students can also refer to various CBSE sample papers and CBSE previous year question papers to learn various tricks to answer all the questions quickly.