Important Questions Class 12 Chemistry
Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry
Chemistry, as we know, is one of the main subjects for students preparing for medical and engineering examinations. All engineering entrance tests, including JEE (Main and Advanced), BITSAT, and medical entrances like AIIMS, NEET, have an entire section dedicated to Chemistry. Some entrance tests require applicants to get a minimum score in board exams in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
Students who want to excel at examinations should have a deep knowledge of the subject.
Our subject experts at Extramarks have prepared Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry that are very helpful for students during their examination preparation. These important questions lay a foundation for different board examinations and other competitive examinations.
All the important questions for Class 12 Chemistry have been prepared, keeping in mind the guidelines of NCERT textbooks. Competitive examinations require an exceptional level of preparation. As a result, we cover all the important questions that a student needs to prepare for board examinations and other competitive examinations.
Moving forward, dig into various other resources on the Extramarks website for Chemistry Important Question Class 12. All materials such as NCERT books solution, CBSE revision notes, CBSE sample papers, CBSE previous year’s question paper and many more are available to the students for free. Our solutions have used exclusive content to make it easy and engaging for the students.
What Chapters Are Covered in Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry?
The vast syllabus of CBSE Class 12 Chemistry consisting of 16 chapters, can be intimidating for many students. Below are the chapters from the NCERT textbook of Class 12 Chemistry subject.
- Chapter 1: The Solid State
- Chapter 2: Solutions
- Chapter 3: Electrochemistry
- Chapter 4: Chemical Kinetics
- Chapter 5: Surface Chemistry
- Chapter 6: General Principles, Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Chapter 7: The p-Block Elements
- Chapter 8: The d and f Block Elements
- Chapter 9: Coordination Compounds
- Chapter 10: Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Chapter 11: Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Chapter 12: Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Chapter 13: Amines
- Chapter 14: Biomolecules
- Chapter 15: Polymers
- Chapter 16: Chemistry in Everyday Life
To be organised, one needs to cover all the chapters and devise a study plan. The students can benefit from chapter-by-chapter Important Questions Class 12 Chemistry answers. The Important Questions Class 12 Chemistry part has been created for each chapter in the CBSE Class 12 Chemistry syllabus by the Extramarks experts. This section has various question types, ranging from objective type questions (fill in the blanks, true or false), multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and subjective type questions such as respond in short and answer in-depth, among others. As a result, this portion of important questions will be instrumental in studying key ideas and rating yourself in preparation for your examinations.
Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry – Weightage
Important questions for class 12 Chemistry will help you understand the concepts covered in the chapters, study question patterns, and solve complex questions. In the board examination, 12th Chemistry important questions are 70 marks for theory and 30 marks for practical. The chemistry examination paper is divided into three sections: Long questions, short answer one and short answer 2.
|Marks for Each Question||No. of Questions||
Short Questions 1
|Short Questions 2||3||4||
Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry – Chapter-Wise Questions PDF Download
Important questions for class 12th Chemistry can benefit you in gaining a better knowledge of the chapters. Students will study the fundamentals of Chemistry to function in their daily student lives, such as determining which chemicals to utilise and which to avoid and how chemicals and ratios work.
The booklet for Chemistry class 12 important questions will assist students in obtaining all of the solutions to all of the questions presented in the chapter exercises, allowing them to understand the chapters logically.
Extramarks gives you access to all of the important questions for Class 12 Chemistry for each chapter, along with their solutions.
Click the chapter-wise questions and solutions below to check the CBSE class 12 Chemistry important questions.
Important questions for Chemistry class 12 not only guide the students but also help them with their final revision. Make the most of these solved questions. Join Extramarks to receive special updates and information about the upcoming examinations.
Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry – Types of Questions
According to CBSE‘s recent guidelines, the current exam paper format for Class 12 Chemistry is as follows:
- The question paper shall be divided into sections with 33 questions.
- Questions 1 and 2 will carry four marks in section A, and 3 to 16 will carry one mark each.
- In section B, questions 17 to 25 will be short answer questions and will carry two marks each.
- In section C, questions 26 to 30 will have short answer questions and carry three marks each.
- In section D, 31 to 33 will be long format answer questions and carry five marks each.
Benefits of Solving Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry
- After studying and understanding a chapter, students tend to look for crucial questions in that chapter.
- The primary and significant elements of the chapter are the important questions. As a result, the students will benefit significantly from this booklet, including the most important questions under each topic.
- The important questions for Class 12 Chemistry will act as a guiding light for students, helping them to focus on the chapter’s most important features.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Why should one study Class 12 Chemistry from the NCERT books?
To prepare for Class 12 Chemistry, several teachers and educational professionals recommend the NCERT books. Because everything is stated in simple English, the NCERT book for Class 12 Chemistry is easy to grasp. These books are the most effective study tools for preparing for the Class 12 Chemistry exam since they thoroughly explain each chapter’s idea.
2. How to get good marks in Class 12 Chemistry?
Students who want to do well in Class 12 Chemistry should attend all lectures. They must begin studying for the exam as soon as possible. At home, these students should review the key topics from the chapters. If students have any issues or questions, they must seek clarification from their Chemistry teachers. Keeping uncertainties in the back of your mind isn’t going to benefit you in any way. Students should also practise sample papers and past years’ question papers to familiarise themselves with the questions commonly asked in Class 12 Chemistry board examinations. Chemistry important questions for class 12 booklet helps students acclimatise with the actual exam considerably.