Important Questions Class 6 Social Science
Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science
Social Science is a broad subject with a diverse range of scopes. Social Science fields include geography and environmental history, politics and governance, economics, sociology, philosophy, and public administration. This subject conveys both a sense of the past and of the present. Social Science is a branch of science devoted to studying human societies. Class 7 Social Science introduces the students to its three disciples- Geography, History and Civics.
Students who wish to do well in Social Science should thoroughly go through all of the chapters in their NCERT books. After finishing the theory, students should focus on practising by answering important questions. To help students in their exam preparation, Extramarks’ subject experts have produced a list of class 6 Social Science important questions. These important questions will serve as a foundation for future exams.
All Social Science class 6 important questions have been prepared by keeping in mind all the guidelines laid down by CBSE. Not limiting themselves to 6th class Social Science important questions, students can refer to various other study materials on the Extramarks website. All materials such as NCERT books solution, CBSE revision notes, CBSE sample papers, CBSE previous year’s question paper and many more are available to the students for free. Our solutions are created using advanced content and easy-to-understand language, making it suitable for students to comprehend complex Social Science theories.
What Chapters Are Covered in Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science?
Class 6 Social Science syllabus introduces the students to its three disciplines- History,
Geography and Civics. Students get overwhelmed by this vast syllabus of 29 chapters. To overcome this fear is to continuously go through Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science. Below are the chapters from the NCERT textbooks of Class 6 Social Science:
Geography: Students need to learn about the earth they live in from the beginning of their education. Students who have a deep understanding of these principles improve their grades, but they also have a good understanding of the changes that take place in our environment.
The Earth: Our Habitat
- The Earth in the Solar System
- Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Motions of the Earth
- Major Domains of the Earth
- Major Landforms of the Earth
- Our Country-India
- India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
Civics: The term ‘civics’ refers to the study of a citizen’s rights and responsibilities. Civics is a field of Social Science that students are introduced to in Class 6. The purpose of teaching it as a course is to help students understand their rights in the nation.
Social and Political Life 1
- Understanding Diversity
- Diversity and Discrimination
- What is Government?
- Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Panchayati Raj
- Rural Administration
- Urban Administration
- Rural Livelihoods
- Urban Livelihoods
History: History is a subject that focuses on significant events that occurred in the past. To perform well on the yearly examination, students need to understand the chapters covered in the NCERT Textbook.
- What, Where, How and When?
- From Gathering to Growing Food
- In the Earliest Cities
- What Books and Burials tell us
- Kingdoms, Kings and the Early Republic
- New Questions and Ideas
- Ashoka, The Emperor who gave up War
- Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- New Empires and Kingdoms
- Buildings, Paintings and Books
Students can benefit from Extramarks’ important questions for class 7 Social Science. This solution set has various question types, ranging from objective type questions (fill in the blanks, true or false), multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and subjective type questions such as respond in short and answer in-depth, among others.
Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science – Chapter-Wise Questions
Extramarks resource of important questions for class 6 Social Science will help students significantly. The major section of the chapter is based on recurring questions that come under the category of important questions for Class 6 Social Science. These study resources will assist students in fully comprehending the principles of numerous chapters in Social Science for 6th grade and improving their test scores.
To check the CBSE Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science, click on the chapter-by-chapter questions and solutions below:
Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science – Geography:
- Ch 1: The Earth in the Solar System
- Ch 2: Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Ch 3: Motions of the Earth
- Ch 4: Maps
- Ch 5: Major Domains of the Earth
- Ch 6: Major Landforms of the Earth
- Ch= 7: Our Country-India
- Ch 8:India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science – History:
- Ch 1: What, Where, How and When?
- Ch 2: From Gathering to Growing Food
- Ch3: In the Earliest Cities
- Ch 4: What Books and Burials tell us
- Chr 5: Kingdoms, Kings and the Early Republic
- Ch6: New Questions and Ideas
- Ch 7: Ashoka – The Emperor who gave up War
- Ch 8: Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- Ch 9: Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- Ch 10: New Empires and Kingdoms
- Ch11: Buildings, Paintings and Books
Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science – Civics:
- Ch 1: Understanding Diversity
- Ch 2: Diversity and Discrimination
- Ch 3: What is Government?
- Ch 4: Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Ch 5: Panchayati Raj
- Ch 6: Rural Administration
- Ch 7: Urban Administration
- Ch 8: Rural Livelihoods
- Ch 9: Urban Livelihoods
Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science – Types of Questions
According to CBSE’s recent guidelines, the current exam paper format for Class 6 Social Science is as follows:
- The Questions paper is divided into four parts- A, B, C and D
- Section A, from questions number 1 to 8, will be MCQs
- Section B, from questions number 9 to 17, will be short answer type questions of three marks each
- Section C, from question number 19 to 21, will be long answer type questions of five marks each
- Section D, questions number 22, is a map-based question
Students may refer to important questions for Class 6 Social Science to help them prepare for their examination.
Benefits of Answering Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science
Some of the benefits of Extramarks important questions for Class 6 Social Science include
- Solving important questions prepares the students for their final examination and fills them with confidence.
- Time Management is a crucial skill that can be learnt after going through important questions for class 6 Social Science.
- These important questions help in brushing up on the topics during the final revisions.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Write a short note on the Democratic Government.
A democratic government is one in which the people elect the rulers. The indigenous people have a significant say in who governs them. People can participate in the choices that affect them, and they can act directly or through elected representatives. Elections are held to elect such a government. Democracy differs from a monarchy or a dictatorship in that every person has the right to vote and influence how the government is run. For an in-depth explanation, refer to Extramarks Important Questions for Class 6 Social Science.
2. What do you mean by Social Science?
Social Science is a discipline that requires understanding and acceptability in the real world. The ideas aren’t confined to a textbook. The greatest approach to see how much you’ve learned is to answer questions about what you’ve learned. Social Science is defined as the scientific study of society and how individuals interact with and affect the world around them in its broadest sense. The primary sub-subjects of Social Science include economics, geography, political science, and history.