NCERT Books Class 6 Social Science
NCERT Books for Class 6 Social Science
The National Council of Educational Research and Training, or NCERT, is an independent agency of the Indian government with its headquarters in New Delhi. It was initially established in 1961 to oversee and manage the publication of high-quality school textbooks and other educational resources.
An excellent illustration of how NCERT gives particular consideration to young students while choosing the subject matter of the books is the NCERT Books Class 6 Social Science. The important concepts in social science are briefly introduced in NCERT Books for class 6, which would make it easier for the students to understand more challenging topics in subsequent levels.
In Class 6, the subject, Social Science, is divided into three sections: Geography, Civics, and History. Each topic has a separate book, and all three books are equally important for understanding the science of a functional society. The Civics book for Class 6 is named Social and Political Life, the History book is named History – Our past and the geography book is named Earth- Our Habitat. Apart from being one of the most practical and relevant subjects taught in high school, social science is also a high-scoring subject.
The topics included in these books provide a solid groundwork for the more detailed and complex concepts that are introduced in the higher classes. Apart from this, having a good understanding of the chapters will help students connect the dots between our past and our present society which will help in creating a visual picture in their minds. This also moulds young minds to become responsible citizens, astute leaders and brilliant pathfinders of our nation.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science are study materials crafted by subject experts and experienced teachers to help students get a better understanding of the subject and also to help them develop the skill of writing answers in examinations. The answers should always be crisp, to the point, of appropriate length, and factually and grammatically correct. Going through the solutions teaches students this valuable art of writing answers that will help them score good marks.
If students routinely practice the solutions, they are more certain to score higher and better marks. At Extramarks, comprehensive online PDFs and solutions are offered to make the studying process easier. Students can use these solutions while preparing for their tests.
Students can easily obtain the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science PDF on Extramarks. A chapter-by-chapter NCERT Solution for Class 6 Social Science is available to students for free.
CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science
The CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Book is drafted by subject experts and educationists keeping in mind the level of understanding of the students. This book introduces the students to the most crucial aspects of Indian history, ancient civilisations, the current political and administrative system in India, and the geographical diversity of the country. The information is presented in a very crisp, easy-to-understand and interesting manner which inspires students to pursue these subjects in their higher classes.
There are 12 chapters in the history book. Brief introductions to history, archaeology and manuscripts are provided in the first chapter. The succeeding chapters discuss human growth and progress, notable civilisations like the Harappan civilisation, and how artefacts like books and graves might reveal more about each age is also discussed. Thereafter, the chapters continue to tell us about several rulers and their kingdoms.
Students can better understand the geographic components of the world with the class 6 geography book. There are eight chapters on this topic, the first of which introduces fundamental concepts including the solar system, planets and stars. The following chapters discuss latitudes and longitudes, how to read a map, and various earth motions and the phenomena they cause. The domains, continents and atmospheric layers are discussed in Chapter 5. The final two chapters discuss India’s geographical regions, climatic variations, animals and vegetation.
Social and political life is covered in the final section of the subject. There are nine chapters in this book, and they primarily discuss our nation’s civics. There is an introduction to significant subjects like democracy, government and diversity. Panchayati Raj and the style of governance in rural areas are two additional fascinating subjects. This subject is fascinating since it discusses instances and references from real life, but it is also quite rewarding if the student can respond to the questions.
Students can download the CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Books on Extramarks. They need to click on the link on this page to download the study resources. They will be prompted for their Gmail ID to log in to the website after clicking the link.
All the resources are offered in a PDF format that can be easily downloaded from the website. Students can use any device to access it. Additionally, Extramarks has offered additional study materials for CBSE Class 6 students, that includes CBSE Revision Notes, CBSE important questions, CBSE Sample Papers, CBSE previous year question papers and CBSE extra questions
One of the most effective study methods to secure good marks in understanding the syllabus at first and having a sense of the most important topics. Through this method, CBSE class 6 students can focus on the most important questions. You can also obtain a free PDF for this subject in either English or Hindi, depending on your preference. Extramarks offers a wide range of educational resources for students who want to further their knowledge. The CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Book PDF is one of those.
Social Science Syllabus
The Social Science syllabus for Class 6 is designed based on the foundations laid in Class 5. Students can easily understand the concepts because of the familiarity that is continued throughout.
The CBSE Syllabus for History (Our Past) includes:
- Chapter 1 – What, Where, How And When?
- Chapter 2 – From Hunting – Gathering To Growing Food
- Chapter 3 – In The Earliest Cities
- Chapter 4 – What Books And Burials Tell Us
- Chapter 5 – Kingdoms, Kings And An Early Republic
- Chapter 6 – New Questions And Ideas
- Chapter 7 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- Chapter 8 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- Chapter 9 – Traders, Kings And Pilgrims
- Chapter 10 – New Empires And Kingdoms
- Chapter 11 – Buildings, Paintings And Books
For Geography (The Earth: Our Habitat) the syllabus includes:
- Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System
- Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 5 – Major Domains of the Earth
- Chapter 6 – Major Landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 7 – Our Country: India
- Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
For Civics (Social & Political Life), the chapters are:
- Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Chapter 3 – What is Government?
- Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Chapter 5 – Panchayati Raj
- Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
- Chapter 7 – Urban Administration
- Chapter 8 – Rural Livelihoods
Chapter 9 – Urban Livelihoods
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Are the CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science books that are available updated?
Yes, the NCERT Social Science Books are updated as per the latest CBSE syllabus.
2. What are the advantages of using CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Books by Extramarks?
Extramarks offers the CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Books in PDF form and the files are available for free download. Students, as well as teachers, can access the book from any device which makes studying very convenient.
3. Can I download the CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Books?
You can download the CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Books from the Extramarks official website or app. All the study materials are available for free download on the site.
4. How can I get the NCERT Social Science textbooks for CBSE Class 6?
Through the link provided on this page, students of CBSE Class 6 can download the CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Books. Other helpful study tools for the other topics covered by the CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 are also available on the Extramarks website. They only need to log in using their Google accounts to get the free CBSE Class 6 NCERT Social Science Books.
5. Can I do well on the yearly Class 6 Examination?
- Yes. Any student can score well in their Class 6 Examination with the right kind of preparation. Here are a few tips that the toppers follow for scoring good grades –
- Read the NCERT textbooks thoroughly and repeatedly to grasp the concepts.
- Go through the important statements that are written in bold and study the revision notes.
- Solve the questions given at the end of the chapter and prepare them well.
- Go through the NCERT Solution Book to prepare your answers correctly.
- Try solving the sample question papers to develop your paper solving skills and time management skills.