NCERT Solution For Class 12 Microeconomics
The CBSE Economics board exam consists of two sections- Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. Of these, NCERT Class 12 Microeconomics is a tricky subject for students who do not have a conceptual understanding of basic economics terms. Such students can improve their knowledge with study materials like NCERT solutions for class 12 microeconomics. These NCERT solutions provide simple and comprehensive explanations for topics in the microeconomics syllabus, making them easier to understand. So, they also help students score well in their end-of-semester exams.
The NCERT solutions also provide detailed explanations of problems in the class 12 microeconomics textbook. This helps students understand the applications of the concepts and increases their overall understanding of the syllabus. Ultimately, it helps students score well in their competitive exams too.
NCERT Class 12 Micro Economics Chapter-wise Solutions
Tackling microeconomics chapters one by one can help students grasp concepts quickly. So, at Extramarks, you can find class 12 NCERT Microeconomics solutions divided chapter-wise. The best part? All our subject matter is designed by experts who have broken down difficult concepts into simple terms and even provided relevant examples wherever required. So, students can easily cover the extensive material and retain important information more effectively.
Class 12 Micro Economics NCERT Textbook Solutions – Free download
Preparing for microeconomics exams often starts by reading the textbook. Although most concepts are explained in detail, students find it difficult to grasp complex terms or long paragraphs of factual information. Additionally, they must understand economic terms and mathematical concepts to perform calculations. This makes grasping the subject harder.
The Extramarks NCERT solutions for class 12 microeconomics build upon the material from the NCERT solutions class 11, providing context to facts, detailed explanations of graphs and figures, and examples to help students build up their conceptual knowledge. For mathematical problems, the guide also has step-by-step breakdowns that help understand the approach to these problems and how to solve them. Thus, the Microeconomics NCERT Solutions class 12 is a one-stop solution for students to figure out a way to make microeconomics and exam preparation easier.
Chapter wise NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Micro Economics
Solving chapter-end questions is one of the easiest ways in which students can check their knowledge before a test. However, for this method to be effective, students need access to the solutions too. Often, finding these online is difficult.
At Extramarks, you can find topic-wise solutions for microeconomics written by an expert team of content writers in one spot. This saves time during exam preparation.
Find links to download the chapter-wise Microeconomic NCERT solutions class 12 below. Click on the link to automatically download the file to your device. Now, you can access top-notch solutions to microeconomics textbook problems whenever you need them, without the fuss.
<Download Link for Chapter 1 – Introduction to Microeconomics>
<Download Link for Chapter 2 – Theory of Consumer Behaviour>
<Download Link for Chapter 3 – Production and Costs>
<Download Link for Chapter 4 – The Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition>
<Download Link for Chapter 5 – Market Equilibrium>
<Download Link for Chapter 6 – Non-Competitive Markets>
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Economics: Microeconomics – Free Download
Diagrams and graphs are one of the most important portions of the Class 12 microeconomics syllabus, and many students find it hard to follow them. While there are many ways to understand such information online, one of the easiest ways to do it is by using a study guide. These guides break down even the most complex concepts into simple terms, making understanding graphical content easier.
Students can download NCERT solutions for class 12 economics with the most updated information on the Extramarks website. If they want to download the study material in Hindi, they can search for the NCERT solutions for class 12 Economics and download the same guide in Hindi.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Microeconomics Chapters
Students must know the syllabus they need to cover before starting studying for the Class 12 microeconomics exam. This helps students make a study schedule in advance to help with exam preparation.
Content of the chapters
Students need to study all the topics specified under the NCERT Class 12 Microeconomics syllabus to prepare themselves for the exam. They can find the detailed syllabus on the official NCERT website.
Here are More Details of the Chapters in Microeconomics
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
This chapter breaks down the meaning of macro and microeconomics and introduces basic economics concepts like what to produce, how to produce and for whom to produce, and more.
- Chapter 2 – Theory of Consumer Behaviour
This chapter tackles important concepts like utility. It also features plenty of numerical problems.
- Chapter 3 – Production and Costs
This chapter covers concepts related to all aspects of production and costs. These include production function, different products of input, cost, and more.
- Chapter 4 – The Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition
This chapter includes topics like price line, homogeneous products, entry, exit and apt mobility, etc.
- Chapter 5 – Market Equilibrium
This topic covers concepts like price, quality and market equilibrium.
- Chapter 6 – Non-Competitive Markets
This topic talks about concepts like oligopoly, monopoly, etc.
NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Microeconomics Chapter-Wise Marks Weightage
While students should study the microeconomics syllabus thoroughly to score well, the board question paper often focuses on some topics more than others. Knowing the weightage of these topics can help students prioritise their learning.
Since Microeconomics is divided into four units, here is the unit-wise distribution of marks for the CBSE Class 12 board exam.
|Unit 1||Introduction||4 marks|
|Unit 2||Consumer Behaviour and Demand||13 marks|
|Unit 3||Producer Behaviour and Supply||13 Marks|
|Unit 4||Forms of Market and Price Determination||10 Marks|
Each of these units can be quite extensive. So, if students are pressed for time, they can focus on selected topics important from the exam point of view and still get a good score.
Here are a few topics students must focus on while studying for their exams.
- Introduction to Economics
- Consumer Equilibrium
- Elasticity of Demand
- Perfect Competition
- Producer Equilibrium
- Non-Competitive Market
- Market Equilibrium with Simple Applications
Why are NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Important?
- NCERT solutions make studying complex subjects like microeconomics easier by presenting topics in a simple, systematic manner. This reduces the time required to grasp concepts significantly, freeing time to practice questions
- NCERT solutions have summaries for every topic. This provides a snapshot of all the key points from the chapter from the exam point of view. Hence, it is a useful tool for last-minute revisions before exam day
- The solutions provide detailed explanations for difficult topics and complex problems. This helps clear doubts, helping students attempt questions confidently in the exam
- Questions in the class 12 microeconomics board papers tend to repeat year after year. So, with these guided solutions, students can prepare for them better
- NCERT solutions contain a large number of solved questions of different difficulty levels. This helps students understand the approach to solving these questions before the exam
- The NCERT solutions for class 12 Microeconomics can be downloaded for free on any device. So, students can study for their exams using high-quality study materials on the go, wherever they wish
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What do you mean by Microeconomics?
Microeconomics is a branch of economics dealing with the economic behaviour of households, individuals and firms in resource allocation and decision-making. It is concerned with the following.
- Individual producer behaviour
- Individual consumer behaviour
- Supply and demand in individual markets like textiles
- Individual labour markets
For developing a thorough understanding of individual microeconomics topics, refer to NCERT solutions for class 12 microeconomics. Scroll up to find the free link or visit the Extramarks website for the same.
2. How many chapters are there in Microeconomics?
There are six chapters in the NCERT Microeconomics textbook for class 12. They are as follows.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Microeconomics
- Chapter 2: Theory of Consumer Behaviour
- Chapter 3: Production and Costs
- Chapter 4: The Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition
- Chapter 5: Market Equilibrium
- Chapter 6: Non-Competitive Markets
To develop a solid grasp of the concepts and problems covered under these topics, you can refer to the topic-wise NCERT class 12 microeconomics solutions available on the Extramarks website. Or you can scroll above and download the solutions for free.
3. How to prepare for the Microeconomics exam?
You cannot master economics by rote-learning. So, here are some tips to help you prepare for the test.
- Start taking notes and understanding the basic terminology. This goes a long way towards understanding key concepts
- Study topic-wise. For instance, when you study one topic in macroeconomics in-depth, you can find a topic in microeconomics related to it. Keep an eye out for such connections to understand the context of topics in total. For additional help, you can always refer to comprehensive study guides like NCERT solutions for class 12 Macroeconomics and NCERT Class 12 Microeconomics provided by Extramarks
- While solving problems, figure out the question they are trying to ask. Once this is clear, check if there is data available to help answer the question. Next, use your understanding of concepts and formulae to find an optimal solution. This approach may seem obvious at first, but it goes a long way toward sapproaching complex questions