Extramarks’ NCERT Solutions is a simple and helpful guide prepared by experienced faculty who are experts in the field of Social Science. They have years of exposure in academic writing; the question answered in the Solutions is a clear reflection of this.
Additionally, NCERT Solutions is available online on Extramarks’ website and app allowing students to study from anywhere they like at their convenience. All they will need is a device -a laptop, mobile phone etc. and an internet connection to view NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1. It’s a great resource that encourages the students to master the topic and increases their confidence in achieving a higher grade.
History Class 7 Chapter 1 NCERT Solutions
Access NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science (History) Chapter 1 Tracing Changes Through A Thousand Years
NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science (History) Chapter 1 Tracing Changes Through A Thousand Years
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 is a very useful study guide that will definitely help students of Class 7 in achieving high grades in History. It is written in an easy to understand language by the subject matter experts. It is a thoroughly researched material made in sync with CBSE examination guidelines. When students study from it, these handy notes will enable them to grasp the answers easily and quickly. Thus, getting an edge over their peers’ scores.
Class 7 History Chapter 1 is quite a tedious yet important chapter. Students need to be familiar with India’s past and how the nation evolved to be in its present state. The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1 by Extramarks is simple to comprehend, which makes it easy for students to learn these complex topics and subtopics with ease. Furthermore, as NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 is available online on Extramarks’ website and app, it has a plethora of options to choose from and the tech-savvy students will definitely enjoy the learning experience.
NCERT Solution of Class 7 History Chapter 1
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1 has answers to all questions in the textbook. For instance, there is an exercise consisting of four fill in the blanks. It would require considerable time and effort to complete that exercise. Also, the students wouldn’t know if they have answered the questions correctly. This is where NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks can prove to be handy. One of the solved examples in NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 is given below:
State whether true or false:
- We do not find inscriptions for the period after 700.
- The Marathas asserted their political importance during this period.
iii. Forest-dwellers were sometimes pushed out of their lands with the spread of agricultural settlements.
- Sultan Ghiyasuddin Balban controlled Assam, Manipur and Kashmir.
Likewise, every textual question is solved in NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 for unparalleled understanding and for students to grasp it without much difficulty.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science , Chapter 1 Tracing Changes Through A Thousand Years
Benefits of NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science History, Chapter 1 are:
- The biggest perk of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science: History Chapter 1 is that it is available for students to access from anywhere and take the maximum advantage without worrying too much about the authenticity or the updated CBSE syllabus.
- Some students may find it difficult to memorise Class 7 History Chapter 1 question answers. But with Extramarks’ NCERT Solutions’ systematic approach and your regular prctice, studying will the chapter will become effortless.
- Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1 is a high weightage Chapter in term and final examinations. With Extramarks’ NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science well-written and exam-compliant answers, scoring high doesn’t seem like an impossible goal.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks is accessible online. As a result, students are not distracted by a cluster of children in the coaching classes and save their valuable time that they can devote to other subjects.
- Class 7 History Chapter 1 will help students get a superior knowledge and understanding of the subject.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks is brimming with in-depth explanations and solved answers to different types of questions from fill in the blanks, true or false, even lengthy questions and so on. This allows students to master the art of solving every question with accuracy and in minimum time.
Reasons Students Should Opt for NCERT Solutions For Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 1
- After opting for NCERT Solutions For Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 1 students will be well-versed textbook exercises. Hence, will be confidence in solving the same questions when asked in the examination.
- As Class 7 History Chapter 1 is a pool of information from different periods, students will learn how languages changed with time. For instance, the mode of communication used by medieval and modern Persians are poles apart.
- With NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science: History Chapter 1, students will be more curious about knowing inscriptions, architectural records, and other things from the past.
- Class 7 students will also enhance their knowledge about various inventions like wheels, irrigation, spinning, weaving, and so on.
- The hows, whys and whats of numerous rulers like Cholas, Tughlaqs, Mughals and others expanded their territories into a large kingdom.
- Lastly, NCERT Solutions For Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 1 discusses how people began to travel over time, bringing their food, beverages, and culture with them.
NCERT Class 7 Social Science : History- Our Pasts-II, Chapter wise Solutions
Only studying NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks is not enough to pass Class 7 History with flying colours. It will require mastering every Chapter in Class 7 Social Science: History. Find reliable NCERT Class 7 Social Science - History Our Pasts-2 Chapterwise Solutions by Extramarks below:
- Chapter 1: On Equality
- Chapter 2: Role of the Government in Health
- Chapter 3: How the State Government works
- Chapter 4: Growing up as Boys and Girls
- Chapter 5: Women change the world
- Chapter 6: Understanding Media
- Chapter 7: Understanding Advertising
- Chapter 8: Markets around us
- Chapter 9: A shirt in the market
Q.1 Who was considered a “foreigner” in the past?
In the medieval period, a “foreigner” was any stranger who appeared, say, in a given village; someone who was not a part of that society or culture.
Q.2 State whether true or false –
(a) We do not find inscriptions for the period after 700.
(b) The Marathas asserted their political importance during this period.
(c) Forest-dwellers were sometimes pushed out of their lands with the spread of agricultural settlements.
(d) Sultan Ghiyasuddin Balban controlled Assam, Manipur and Kashmir.
Q.3 List some of the technological changes associated with this period.
The following technological changes are associated with this period:
- the Persian wheel in irrigation
- the spinning wheel in weaving
- firearms in combat
Q.4 What were some of the major religious developments during this period?
(i) During this period, important changes occurred in Hinduism. People started worshipping new deities.
(ii) Rulers and kings constructed temples.
(iii) The importance of Brahmanas, the priests, as dominant groups in society grew gradually.
(iv) The development of the idea of Bhakti was another significant feature. The Bhakti was an idea of a loving, personal deity that devotees could reach without the aid of priests and his rituals.
(v) During this period, new religions like Islam came to the subcontinent with migrants and merchants who brought the teachings of the Quran, the Holy book of Muslims. Many rulers became patrons of Islam and the ulama (learned theologians and jurists).
Q.5 In what ways has the meaning of the term “Hindustan” changed over the centuries?
(i) In the thirteenth century by Minhaj-I Siraj, a Persian chronicler, used the term “Hindustan” to indicate the areas of Punjab, Haryana and the lands between the Ganga and Yamuna; he used the term for lands that were a part of the dominions of the Delhi Sultan.
(ii) In the early sixteenth century, Babur used the term “Hindustan” to describe the geography, the fauna and the culture of the inhabitants of the subcontinent.
(iii) Today, the term “Hindustan” means “India”, the modern nation state, from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.
Q.6 How were the affairs of jatis regulated?
(i) Jatis framed their own rules and regulations to manage the conduct of their members.
(ii) These regulations were enforced by an assembly of elders, described in some areas as the jati panchayat.
(iii) But jatis were also required to follow the rules of their villages; several villages were governed by a chieftain.
Q.7 What does the term pan-regional empire mean?
The term ‘pan-regional empire’ means ‘an empire spanning diverse regions’.
Q.8 What are the difficulties historians face in using manuscripts?
(i) Manuscripts were collected by wealthy people, rulers, monasteries and temples. They were preserved in libraries and archives.
(ii) There was no printing press in those days so scribes copied manuscripts by hand.
(iii) In the process of copying, they also introduced small changes in words and sentences.
(iv) These small differences grew over centuries of copying until manuscripts of the same text became substantially different from one another.
(v) This is a serious problem. The original manuscript of the author is not available. Historians are totally dependent upon the copies made by later scribes.
(vi) As a result, they have to read different manuscript versions of the same text to guess what the author had originally written.
Q.9 How do historians divide the past into periods? Do they face any problems in doing so?
(i) Historians divide the past into periods by analyzing economic and social factors to characterise the major elements of different moments of the past.
(ii) Yes, historians face problems in their task of dividing the past into periods. For example, the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries were quite different from the eighth or the eleventh. Therefore, describing the entire period as one historical unit is having its own limitations.
(iii) Moreover, the “medieval” period is often contrasted with the “modern” period.
(v) “Modernity” carries with it a sense of material progress and intellectual advancement.
(vi) This portrays the medieval period as lacking any significant economic and social change. But, the medieval period too did witness its own change and development.
Q.10 Fill in the blanks:
(a) Archives are places where ——————— are kept.
(b) —————— was a fourteenth-century chronicler.
(c) ——, ———, ———, ——— and ——— were some of the new crops introduced into the subcontinent during this period.
(a) Archives are places where documents and manuscripts are kept.
(b) Ziyauddin Barani was a fourteenth-century chronicler.
(c) Potatoes, corn, chillies, tea and coffee were some of the new crops introduced into the subcontinent during this period.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
You can get NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science (History) Chapter – 1 from Extramarks’ website and app. That’s easily accessible and has complete, authentic answers to all the questions and chapters therein.
Definitely, NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks is absolutely credible and trusted by numerous Class 7 students for various reasons:
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks is drafted by History subject matter experts who are renowned in their field. .
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks allows the flexibility of comfort to study at their own time without disturbing their schedule. It saves time to study online and have enough time for other subjects as well.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks prepares a comprehensive syllabus which is updated as per the latest CBSE guidelines.
- The answers in NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks are as per the latest examination instructions and designed strategically to help you to excel in academics.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 History Chapter 1 by Extramarks is also quite self-explanatory and complete in every way. Thus, eliminating the need for either the parent’s or teacher’s assistance anytime.
In today’s time where pandemics are so common, all parents are concerned about the safety of their kids. Therefore, most of them have shifted to online learning platforms such as Extramarks where they can conveniently access credible and expert-curated NCERT Solutions for all subjects, chapters and standards.
Few points for Extramarks credibility
Extramarks has been in the education industry for little over a decade. It has lakhs of students across India and the numbers have been growing by leaps and bounds because of the unshakable trust and faith these schools have in us. It caters to different boards for instance ICSE, CBSE, Assam Board,West Bengal Board, Tamil Nadu Board, Rajasthan Board, and so on. We recently collaborated with the Telangana Board. Extramarks provides them with NCERT Solutions on a regular basis. There is more to Extramarks than meets the eye.
It has its own Research and Development wing which prepares Sample question papers, MCQs, Questions & Answers, short videos, PPTs, gamified content, narratives, and case studies to encourage experiential learning as per the latest guidelines given by CBSE.
Extramarks has experienced faculty and subject matter experts working conscientiously and diligently to prepare authentic, concise answers which students can trust and enjoy the process of learning. The systemic and well laid out balanced study plan boosts their performance naturally and effortlessly.
Extramarks leaves no stone unturned when it comes to providing the best learning material with unmatchable speed and accuracy for students irrespective of the class and subject. We have all the answers to your queries. This encourages the students to master the topic and increases their confidence in achieving a high grade. Students swear by Extramarks because of the absolute trust and confidence it has built over the years.
Extramarks provides students with a joyful learning experience and constantly strives to upgrade its products year after year to meet the changing demands of the curriculum and present its millennial generation with very simple and easy solutions for each and every student irrespective of their level.