Telangana SSC Board (TSBSE) Class 10 Mathematics Latest Syllabus 2022-2023
The Telangana State Board of Secondary Education (TSBSE) is responsible for secondary education in the state of Telangana. The board conducts examinations and awards certificates to students who have successfully completed their exams..
The TSBSE offers a variety of courses at the secondary level, including Mathematics. The latest TSBSE Syllabus for Mathematics is available on the TSBSE website. Students can access TSBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus to study the subject in a manner that makes learning 10th Class Mathematics Telangana State Syllabus easy and interesting. The students can assess and practice Maths after completing their syllabus, and solve TSBSE Sample Question Paper and TSBSE Previous Year Question Paper.
Telangana Board (TSBSE) Mathematics Syllabus for Class 10
The latest 10th Class Mathematics Syllabus Telangana State has been designed to help students better understand the concepts and principles of Mathematics.
The main features of the new syllabus are as follows:
– More focus on problem-solving strategy and reasoning skills
– Greater emphasis on real-world applications of Mathematical concepts
– New and revised topics such as Statistics, Probability, and Set Theory
– Additional practice on number of questions based on data interpretation
Extramarks believes in incorporating the best learning experiences through its own repository.To enjoy the maximum benefit of these resources, students just need to register themselves at Extramarks official website and stay ahead of the competition.
Extramarks provides complete and comprehensive learning solutions for students of all the central and state board syllabi across all levels, including TSBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus. The website covers all the topics in the latest TSBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus in detail. It also provides practice questions and sample papers that help students prepare for their exams in the best possible way.
Telangana SSC Board (TSBSE) Mathematics 2022-2023 Syllabus for Class 10
Class 10 students preparing for 2022-2023 exams of Telangana SSC Board (TSBSE) can practice from past years’ question papers and sample papers. However, as Class 10 is a crucial year, the students should be careful while choosing the resources they plan to study from, they should study only from reliable sources and trust solved sample papers only from experienced faculty. TSBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus has been prepared by the state board in order to enhance the learning of the students and then assess the students’ learning capabilities based on that syllabus. Hence, it becomes of utmost importance for the students to select the best study resources to get a 100% score in Mathematics. Extramarks is one of the most trusted educational websites that provides TSBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus for the year 2022-2023. It also has a repository of sample question papers, past years’ papers and mock tests that help students test their learning, which helps them to build time management skills and build confidence. These materials have been developed by the subject-matter experts at Extramarks with years of experience in teaching and preparing as well as updating the Mathematics syllabus to help students achieve the best results in their board exams.
Class-X – Mathematics (Syllabus)
I. Number System
(i) Real numbers (15 periods) :
- More about rational and irrational
- Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic –
- Proofs of results, irrationality of , etc. and decimal expansions of rational numbers in terms of terminating, non terminating, recurring of decimals and vice versa.
- Properties of real numbers
- Introduction of logarithms
- Conversion of a number in exponential form to a logarithm tic form
- Properties of logarithms loga a =1; loga 1=0
- Laws of logarithms log xy = logx + logy; log x/y = logx – logy log xn = n log x
- Standard base of logarithms and usage
(ii) Sets (8 periods) :
- Sets and their representations : Empty set, Finite and infinite sets. Equal sets. Subsets, subsets of the set of real numbers (especially intervals with notations). Universal set and cardinality of
- Venn diagrams : Union and intersection of sets. Difference of sets. Complement of a set. Disjoint sets.
(i) Polynomials (8 periods)
- Zeros of a polynomial.
- Geometrical meaning of zeros of quadratic and cubic polynomials using graphs.
- Relationship between zeros and coefficients of a polynomial with particular reference to quadratic polynomials.
- Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with integral coefficients.
(ii) Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables (15 periods)
- Pair of linear equations in two variables. Geometric representation of different possibilities of solutions / inconsistency.
- Algebraic conditions for number of solutions.
- Solution of pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination and by cross Simple situational problems.
- Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equations.
(iii) Quadratic Equations (12 periods)
- Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2+bx+c=0, (a ≠ 0).
- Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization and by completing the square, e., by using quadratic formula.
- Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots.
- Problems related to day-to-day activities.
(iv) Progressions (11 periods)
- Sequence and series
- Motivation for studying AP. Derivation of standard results of finding the nth term and sum of first n
- Motivation for studying P.
- nth term of G.P.
(i) Trigonometry Introduction (15 periods)
- Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle i.e. sine, cosine, tangent, cosecant, cotangent.
- Motivate the ratios, whichever are defined at 00 and 900.
- Values (with proofs) of the trigonometric ratios of 300, 450 and 600. Relationships between the ratios.
- Trigonometric Identities: Proof and applications of the identity sin2A+cos2A=1. 1+tan2A=sec2A cot2+1=cosec2A only simple identities given.
- Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles.
(ii) Applications of trigonometry (8 periods)
- Angle of elevation, angle of depression
- Simple and daily life problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles and angles elevation/ depression should be only 300, 450, 600.
IV. Coordinate geometry
Lines (In two-dimensions) (15 periods)
- Review the concepts of coordinate geometry done by the graphs of linear equations.
- Distance between two points i.e. p (x1, y1) and q (x2, y2)
- Section formula internal division of a line segment in the m:n.
- Area of a triangle on coordinate axis.
- Slope of a line joining two points.
- Similar triangles (18 periods)
Definitions, examples, properties of similar triangles.
- Difference between congruency and similarity of
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar (AAA).
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar (SSS).
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- (Prove) The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratio of the squares on their corresponding
- (Motivate) If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle to the hypotenuse, the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each
- (Prove) In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
- (Prove) In a triangle, if the square on one side is equal to sum of the squares on the other two sides, the angles opposite to the first side is a right triangle.
- Division of a line segment using basic proportionality theorem.
- A triangle similar to given triangle as per the given scale factor.
(iii) Tangents and secants to a circle (15 periods)
- Tangents to a circle motivated by chords drawn from points coming closer and closer to the point.
- (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
- Segment of a circle made by the secant.
- Finding the area of the minor/ major segment of a circle.
A tangent to a circle through point given on it.
- Tangent to a circle from a point outside it.
I. Surface Areas and Volumes (10 periods)
- Problems on finding surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders / cones.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems. (Problems with combination of not more than two different solids be taken.)
VII. Data handling
(i) Statistics (15 periods)
- Revision of Mean, median and mode of ungrouped (frequency distribution) data.
- Understanding, the concept of Arithmetic Mean, Median and Mode for grouped (classified) data.
- The meaning and purpose of arithmetic Mean, Median and Mode
- Simple problems on finding Mean, Median and Mode for grouped / ungrouped data.
- Usage and different values and central tendencies through Ogives.
(ii) Probability (10 periods)
- Concept and definition of Probability.
- Simple problems (day to day life situation) on single events simple using set notation
- Concept of complimentary events.
VIII. Mathematical Modeling (8 periods)
- Concept of Mathematical modeling
- Discussing the broad stages of modeling – real life, situations (ration, proportion, percentage, probability, fair installments, payments etc.)