Up Board Class 10 Maths Syllabus
UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus
Understanding the syllabus is essential since it gives you clarity on the many chapters covered and allows you to organise your study time accordingly. Having a copy of the comprehensive UP Board Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus close at hand would enable effective planning and strategic thinking and will help you to crack any test, exam or competitive exam with ease. The Mathematics curriculum makes you aware of the most challenging topics and simpler ones that are introduced in Mathematics for that particular academic year in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. Depending on their difficulty level, you can spend more time studying those chapters. Additionally, it helps you realise which subjects need more of your attention and how to handle them.
The in-house faculty experts at Extramarks have thoroughly analysed the syllabus using the most recent Uttar Pradesh Board exam format. We at Extramarks take our role seriously and have ensured that the UP Board Mathematics Syllabus Class 10 has been adequately reviewed and provided for the ready reference of the students in a well-organised, comprehensive and easy-to-read manner.
Students can access the highlighted link below to acquire the Mathematics Syllabus Class 10 UP Board. Before the start of the academic session, consult the syllabus to get an overall idea of the subjects. The UP Board 10th Mathematics Syllabus will help students understand the subjects they will cover during the current academic session. Students who want to do well in the exam should study Mathematics sincerely and take all the necessary help required by visiting Extramarks’ official website which has all the solutions to your problems. To begin with, in order to optimise your potential just download the syllabus which is available free of cost.
- UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus
UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus- Marks Distribution
Understanding the chapters at intermediate level Mathematics requires knowledge of the subjects covered in class 10. Students can also complete the UPMSP Sample Question Paper to gain a sense of the question paper format.
The table given below lists the Class 10 Mathematics topics and their chapter-wise weightage. Students who want to excel in the Mathematics Class 10 UP Board exams should thoroughly go through the syllabus and marks distribution.
|7||Statistics and Probability||10|
UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus- unit wise syllabus
Unit 1: Number System 05 Marks
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic and Euclid’s Division Lemma are statements that come after evaluating past work and after completing in-text examples followed by chapter end exercises . The √2, √3, and √5 decimal representations of rational numbers are shown to be irrational by terminating and non-terminating recurring decimals.
Unit 2: Algebra 18 Marks
Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables: A pair of two-variable linear equations with a graphic representation of their consistency/inconsistency. Two linear equations in two variables are solved algebraically using the cross multiplication, substitution, and elimination methods. Simple equation problems that can be reduced to linear equations.
Quadratic Equations: Quadratic equation in standard form: ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a is not equal to 0). Quadratic equations can be solved using the quadratic formula, factorisation, and completing the square—relationship between the nature of roots and the discriminant. Situation problems based on quadratic equations related to day-to-day activities must be incorporated.
Unit 3: Coordinate Geometry 05 Marks
Lines: Coordinate geometry concepts, graphs of linear equations, the distance formula, the section formula (internal division), and the area of a triangle are all covered in this chapter.
Unit 4: Geometry 12 Marks
Triangles: Definitions, examples, and contrast examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) The other two sides of a triangle are divided in the same ratio if a line parallel to one side of the triangle intersects the different two sides at the same ratio.
- (Motivate) A line is parallel to the third side of a triangle if it divides the first two sides of the triangle in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportionate, the corresponding angles are equal, and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) Two triangles are proportional if their corresponding sides are proportionate, corresponding angles are equal, and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides, including these angles, are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) The triangles on both sides of the perpendicular are similar, and the entire triangle is drawn from the vertex of the right angle to the hypotenuse.
- (Prove) The ratio of the squares on the corresponding sides of two similar triangles equals the ratio of the areas of the triangles.
- (Prove) The square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle equals the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
- (Prove) In a triangle, the angle opposite the first side is a right angle if the square on one side equals the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
- Dividing a line segment into a certain ratio (internally).
- From a point outside the circle, tangents to the circle.
- Building a triangle that is similar to a given triangle.
Unit 5: Trigonometry 10 Marks
Introduction to Trigonometry: A right-angled triangle’s acute angle’s trigonometric ratios. The ratios defined at 0° and 90° should be motivated as proof of their existence (clearly defined). Trigonometric ratios’ values for (30°, 45°, 60°,0° and 90°). Ratios and their relationships.
Trigonometric Identities: Complementary angle trigonometric ratios.
Heights and Distances: Angle of Elevation and Depression
Simple height and distance calculations. There shouldn’t be more than two right triangles in a problem. The only acceptable elevation/depression angles are 30°, 45°, and 60°.
Unit 6: Mensuration 10 Marks
Areas related to Circle: Periods Motivate the circle’s area, as well as the areas of its sectors and segments. Problems depend on the perimeter and circumferences of the aforementioned planar figures. Only central angles of 60°, 90°, and 120° should be used for calculating the area of a section of a circle. Using plane figures with triangles, simple quadrilaterals, and circles is best.
Surface, Area and Volume: Combinations of any two of the following shapes, including cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres, and right circular cylinders/cones, are available in surface areas and volumes—Cone’s frustum.
Mixing problems and problems concerning changing one kind of metallic solid into another. (Problems with combining more than two different solids at once should be taken care of.)
Unit 7: Statistics and Probability 10 Marks
The data’s mode, median, and mean (bimodal situation to be avoided)—graph of cumulative frequency.
UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus- Practical Syllabus
For the Class 10 internal assessment (15 marks), questions are also picked from the book “Bharat ka paramparagat Ganit Gyan.”
Project Work (15 Marks): Students must prepare two projects on any of the topics listed below:
- Pythagoras Theorem verification by creating squares and triangles on cardboard or chart paper.
- Statistics used in demography.
- To research how various geometrical forms are used in building and architecture.
- Understanding the trigonometric ratio’s sign through charts or diagrams that describe the trigonometric ratio of angles, complementary angles, etc. in the appropriate ratio of triangles
- Any one of the lives and contributions to the Mathematics of North Mediaeval Mathematicians (Ramanujan, Narayan Pandit, etc.).
- Two separate cylinders can be created by taking two sheets of paper 24 x 42 cm in size, twisting them in the direction of their length and width, and calculating whose curved surface and volume will be the most significant or highest.
- To research the various direct and indirect taxes the government levies.
- An arc’s angle at its centre is twice as large as its angle at any other point on the remaining portion of the circle, according to a functional analysis of the statement.
- Sextant construction and application for measuring distance.
- Drawing Applications of Mathematical Principles.
- Details of the various stages of getting a bank loan to buy a car or a property.
- Mandatory – Anyone may choose to complete a project from the following three sections of the Class 10 textbook “Bharat ka Paramparagat Ganit Gyan.” Part A: India has a rich legacy in Mathematics. Part B: Conventional Mathematical techniques. Part c. Notable Indian Mathematicians
New updates in UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus
Download this article’s most updated version of the UPMSP Class 10th Mathematics Syllabus. Students must now study the topics that are specified in their UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus because it has been reduced by 30%, as they had been made aware. To do this, you must review the updated UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus, which you can readily acquire from this page.
It is time to finish your textbook syllabus and begin your revision for your UP Board Examination because your Class 10 Mathematics exams will start a few months from now.
You should always take into account this UPMSP Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus when you are going to begin your revision so that you will have a thorough understanding of all the topics that need to be considered while planning your strategy to crack your first national level exam.
Up Board Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24
|Unit||Name of Unit||Marks|
|7||Statistics and probability||10|
|(Written 70 marks + Project work 30 marks)||100|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the pass percentage in the UP 10th board examination?
In order to pass the UP board high school exams, a student must get at least 33% of the total marks.
2. When will the Class 10 syllabus for the UP board be released in 2023?
It is now possible to get the reduced Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) Class 10 syllabus 2023 from the official website. It is also available on the Extramarks website.