UP Board Class 12 Maths Syllabus
UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus
The most recent UP Board Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus is available to download from the Uttar Pradesh Board (UPMSP). In order to perform well on the exam, students are suggested to download the Uttar Pradesh Board Syllabus. Our highly skilled subject teachers thoroughly analysed the syllabus using the most recent Uttar Pradesh Board exam format. We have ensured that the Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus UP Board has been adequately reviewed and provided. The syllabus is the first and most important thing one must study and is important for exam preparation.
The primary objective of the UP board is to provide its students with the most current and relevant syllabus possible. The board has set a new curriculum for students in Class 12 starting in 2018, and both the textbooks and the exam will follow the NCERT syllabus. Additionally, there will be just one paper for students at the Intermediate level. Furthermore, the most recent UP Board Mathematics Syllabus Class 12 includes topics that are expected to pique students’ interests and help them develop improved skills like logical thinking and problem-solving techniques.
Besides the official website of UPMSP, the Mathematics Syllabus Class 12 UP Board is also available on the Extramarks website. Apart from the syllabus, the Extramarks website also offers UPMSP Sample Question Papers, UPMSP Previous Year Question Papers, UPMSP Syllabus and many other study tools.
UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus- direct download link
Extramarks provides a direct link to the Class 12 UP Board Mathematics Syllabus, and it is as follows:
UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus
UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus- unit-wise weightage
Contrary to what students may think, Mathematics is not among the most difficult courses. Candidates who consistently practise and calculate the questions will comprehend the basics and get high marks. They can look up the class 12 math solutions on the UP board if they have any questions
|S. no.||Name of the Unit||Marks|
||Relations and functions||10|
||Vectors and three-dimensional geometry||17|
UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus- unit wise
The 70% reduced syllabus of the Class 12 Mathematics UP Board is as follows:
Unit 1: Relations and functions (10 marks)
- Relations and Functions: Types of relations: Transitive, equivalence, reflexive and symmetric relations. One to one and onto functions.
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions: Domain, range, definition, principal value branches.
Unit 2: Algebra (13 marks)
- Matrices: Concept, order, equality, notation, types of matrices, identity and zero matrices, matrix transposition, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices, and matrices. Working with matrices multiplication with a scalar, addition, and multiplication. Simple addition, multiplication and scalar multiplication features. The presence of non-zero matrices whose product is the zero matrices and the non-commutativity of multiplying matrices (restricted to square matrices of order 2) Basic row and column operations are conceptualised. Invertible matrices and evidence for the existence of a unique inverse; (Here, all matrices will have real entries).
- Determinants: Finding the area of a triangle can be done using the determinant of a square matrix (up to 3 x 3 matrices), as well as its minors, cofactors and other features. Inverse and adjacent to a square matrix. Using examples to illustrate consistency, inconsistency and the number of solutions, a system of linear equations in two or three variables can be solved (with a single solution) using the inverse of a matrix.
Unit 3: Calculus (44 marks)
- Continuity and Differentiability: The chain rule, the derivative of inverse trigonometric functions, the continuity and differentiability of functions, and the derivative of implicit functions. Exponential and logarithmic functions are concepts. Derivatives of exponential and logarithmic functions. Derivative of functions given in parametric forms, using logarithmic differentiation. Derivatives of the second order.
- Applications of Derivatives: Applications for derivatives include tangents and normals, rising and decreasing functions, rate of change of bodies, maxima and minima (first derivative test motivated geometrically and second derivative test given as a provable tool). Simple issues (that illustrate basic principles and understanding of the subject as well as real-life situations).
- Integrals: The inverse process of Differentiation is integration. Various functions are integrated using substitution, partial fractions and parts, evaluating the following simple integrals and issues based on them.Integrals are defined as the maximum of a sum. Calculus Fundamental Theorem (without proof). Basic characteristics of definite integrals and definite integral evaluation.
- Applications of the Integrals: Applications for computing the area beneath simple curves, particularly lines, circles, parabolas and ellipses (in standard form only), Any space between the two curves mentioned above (the region should be clearly identifiable).
- Differential Equations: Definition, degree and order, as well as specific and generic solutions to a differential equation. Creation of a differential equation with a generic answer. Differential equations can be solved using the variable separation approach, including first-order and first-degree homogeneous differential equations.
Unit 4: Vectors and three-dimensional geometry (17 marks)
- Vectors: Scalars, vectors, and a vector’s magnitude and direction. A vector’s direction cosines and direction ratios. Vector types (equal, unit, zero, parallel, and collinear vectors), a point’s position vector, a vector’s negative, a vector’s components, the addition of vectors, the multiplication of a vector by a scalar, and a point’s position vector dividing a line segment in a specific ratio are all discussed here. Scalar (dot) product of vectors and vector (cross) product of vectors definition, properties and applications.
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Direction ratios and cosines of a line connecting two locations. Shortest distance between two lines, skew lines, and coplanar and vector equations of a line. Equation of a plane in Cartesian and vector spaces. A point’s separation from a plane.
Unit 5: Linear programming (06 marks)
- Linear Programming: Introduction, definitions of key terms including constraints, objective functions, and optimisation, categories of linear programming (L.P.) issues, and how L.P. problems are mathematically formulated Two-variable problems can be solved graphically using viable and infeasible areas (bounded or unbounded), feasible and infeasible solutions, and the most feasible solutions (up to three non-trivial constraints).
Unit 6: Probability (10 marks)
Independent events, total probability, conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem and the likelihood of multiplication. Random Variable and its distribution of probabilities.
Steps to Download UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus
Students can use the steps written below to download the 12th Mathematics Syllabus UP Board PDF 2022:
- Step 1: First, candidates should go to upmsp.edu.in, the UP Board’s official website.
- Step 2: Select the link for Syllabus 2022 at the top of the homepage.
- Step 3: The following window will show a subject- and class-specific syllabus.
- Step 4: Students can download the same material to prepare for the exam.
Importance of UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus
UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus holds great importance, as follows:
- The set syllabus is carefully followed when preparing for the exams.
- All significant topics pertaining to the subject for which board exams will be taken are covered in the UP Board 12 Mathematics Syllabus.
- Once you are familiar with all of the key topics addressed by the syllabus, you can begin studying them sequentially.
- The syllabus also helps in keeping track of which significant chapters you have already read and which subjects are still to be covered.
- You can review the syllabus before the class to learn more about the additional topics that will be addressed.
- The UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus is significant from the perspective of competitive exams.
Preparation tips for UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus
Following your familiarisation with the UPMSP Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus, follow the tips below to help in your exam preparation:
- Make a study plan for yourself, allowing enough time for each subject, and follow it religiously.
- For the recommended books or well-known author names, only use trustworthy sources.
- Make brief notes on all of the important topics so you can quickly review them during revision.
- Practice with sample papers to discover your advantages and disadvantages.
- As you prepare, go over the material you’ve already mastered to ensure you don’t forget anything.
To conclude, students who want to score well on exams and maintain their class lead should be sure to review the Mathematics syllabus thoroughly. The syllabus offers a wealth of information, including the writers’ objectives, the marking scheme, the length of the exams, and the names of the units, themes and subtopics. With all this knowledge, students can develop a comprehensive study plan and develop a clear comprehension of the entire course structure and important areas they should pay attention to.
UP Board Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2023-24
|S. no.||Name of the Unit||Marks|
|1.||Relations and functions||10|
|4.||Vectors and three-dimensional geometry||17|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. When will the UP Board class 12 exam be held in 2023?
The class 12 exams for the UP Board’s 2022–23 academic year will probably take place in March 2023.
2. How do I access the class 12 curriculum for the UP Board?
The class 12 UP Board syllabus can be downloaded from the board’s upmsp.edu.in website. Visit the official website, then select the link to the syllabus on the home page. First, click on the subject’s download link for the relevant class to get the syllabus.