CBSE Class 6 English Syllabus for the Year 2023-24
In middle school, the main objective of the English language curriculum is to develop students’ communicative skills through reading, writing, listening and speaking. Class 6 is a very important academic year for students who are in CBSE-affiliated schools wherein the stress is more on the second language acquisition skill which means learning another language other than the native language. English and Hindi is a compulsory subject besides other core subjects – Science, Mathematics and Social Science. Class 6 Through the CBSE Class 6 English syllabus, students are made aware of linguistic knowledge through basic grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation in English literature. This will help develop the communicative skills and reading ability of the students and develop their linguistic skills in social and academic contexts. They will become more confident in using the English language, resulting in better performance in higher classes. Extramarks leaves no stone unturned to give the best learning material to students while combining fun and learning activities through its own study materials to enhance their learning experience.
CBSE Class 6 Syllabus for Other Subjects
CBSE Class 6 Syllabus
CBSE Class 6 English Syllabus for 2023 – 2024 Examination
The CBSE Class 6 English syllabus 2023-24 offers students all the required insights into the subject. It can guide students in their preparation and help them improve their grades in their final examinations. Therefore, it is recommended that students access the CBSE Class 6 English syllabus PDF on their devices for ready reference at their own convenience. Extramarks has created a simplified digital version of the CBSE syllabus for tech-savvy students. The digital copy of the English syllabus for Class 6 CBSE is easy to read and does not require an internet connection once downloaded to a computer or smartphone. The link for the CBSE Class 6 English syllabus PDF is given below.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 6 English
From ‘Honeysuckle’ to ‘A Pact With The Sun,’ the entire syllabus is designed in such a way to develop students’ reading habits so that they can express their feelings, experiences, information and opinion, as well as learn to understand themselves and others. There are many chapters that can attract the interest of students in the CBSE Class 6 English Syllabus. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) recommends NCERT books which cover the entire syllabus for all subjects to be followed in the current academic year. . The English syllabus for Class 6 CBSE is quite vast and students cannot rely solely on their classroom teachings. . However, students can excel if they focus on self-study and make use of study resources prepared by subject matter experts at Extramarks. To improve their scores in exams, it is also essential that smart learners have the CBSE Class 6 English syllabus 2023-24 readily available to them so that they can study independently without the aid of parents or teachers.
6th Class English Syllabus
To understand the English language better and to improvise it further students must go through each and every chapter of CBSE Class 6 English syllabus. They must be aware of the fact that the preparation for their higher classes board exams begins here.
Class 6 English Grammar Syllabus
The complete class 6 English grammar syllabus for the grammar portion is shown in the following table:
|English Grammar||Applied Grammar||Writing Section|
|Noun||Gap filling/ sentences||Formal letter|
|Pronoun||Dialogues completion||Informal letter|
|Verb||Sentence reordering||Diary entry|
|Sentence and phrases||Article|
|Reported speech||Story completion|
The following table shows the English Literature books which include both the chapters and the contents at a glance:
|Class 6 English – Honeysuckle||Contents|
|Chapter 1||i) Who Did Patrick’s Homework?
ii) A House, A Home
|Chapter 2||i) How the Dog Found Himself a New Master!
ii) The Kite
|Chapter 3||i) Taro’s Reward
ii) The Quarrel
|Chapter 4||i) An Indian – American Woman in Space: Kalpana Chawla
|Chapter 5||i) A Different Kind of School
ii) Where Do All the Teachers Go?
|Chapter 6||i) Who I Am
ii) The Wonderful Words
|Chapter 7||i) Fair Play|
|Chapter 8||i) A Game of Chance
|Chapter 9||i) Desert Animals
ii) What if
|Chapter 10||i) The Banyan Tree|
|Class 6 English – A Pact With The Sun||Contents|
|Chapter 1||A Tale of Two Birds|
|Chapter 2||The Friendly Mongoose|
|Chapter 3||The Shepherd’s Treasure|
|Chapter 4||The Old-Clock Shop|
|Chapter 6||The Monkey and the Crocodile|
|Chapter 7||The Wonder Called Sleep|
|Chapter 8||A Pact with the Sun|
|Chapter 9||What Happened to the Reptiles|
|Chapter 10||A Strange Wrestling Match|
The objective of the CBSE Class 6 Syllabus
There are several objectives that the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE)seeks to achieve with the Class 6 English course curriculum. Following are some of the most significant ones:
- To make English grammar strong.
- Promote reading habits through story reading, story retelling, choral reading and shared reading etc.
- Educating students through various themes found in English literature.
- Preparing students to become intelligent learners and to develop their language skills in social and academic contexts.
- To use communicative language teaching skills in the classroom for students to develop communication and interactive skills while learning English.
- To teach students how to use grammar and punctuation correctly while writing answers.
- English literature can help students to unlock their inner potential and generate self-awareness.
- Stories and poems impart essential moral values and cultural awareness among students.
- Students will be able to broaden their perspectives and inspire to become independent learners through various chapters based on different themes to rekindle their spark for learning and curiosity.
- The stories and lessons in the syllabus will help learners develop stronger cognitive, emotional, and good communication skills.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How tough is the CBSE syllabus for Class 6 English?
If students start preparing from the beginning of the academic year, then the CBSE Class 6 English Syllabus is easy to finish. The CBSE Class 6 syllabus covers all the necessary topics of English literature and English grammar. It has two textbooks- Honeysuckle (main textbook) and A Pact With The Sun (supplementary reader). One of the best ways to score better is to go through the CBSE extra questions and CBSE important questions that are available on the Extramarks website and app.
2. How can I make a good study timetable for CBSE Class 6 English 2023 - 2024 to begin early?
It is very important for students to prepare their study timetable and balance their time for each subject before they begin their studies. Students are advised to check the CBSE syllabus first and then prepare realistic goals to accomplish on a daily basis. . They must also identify their weak and strong areas and work out a strategy to tackle those challenging subjects. Many students and teachers recommend resources available at Extramarks for all classes from 1 to 12 for any assistance. . This will encourage students to create their own timetable for regular studies, even clarify their doubts with subject experts and revise their lessons ahead of the exams. It’s important to have a consistent place and a set time on a daily basis without compromise. They must attend their class lectures regularly, take notes and highlight important points. The time allotted for each subject can vary from 60min to 90min with exactly a 10min break. For recreational activities-preferably indulge in outdoor sports for at least half an hour daily. Remember all work no play makes jack a dull boy! In case students need any help, subject experts for students are available on Extramarks.
3. Are there any tips other than going through the prescribed textbook to score good marks in the Class 6 English examination?
The first and foremost step would be to begin with either revising the notes prepared by you or going through the CBSE revision notes from Extramarks app or website and then students must go through CBSE sample papers and CBSE past years’ question papers to improve their grades in the exams. Students can also refer to books such as the New Learner’s Grammar & Composition Class 6 by Oxford to polish their vocabulary and grammar. Students can easily bank on Extramarks, one of the leading educational platforms, for any study material irrespective of the class and subject.
4. How can I access the CBSE Class 6 English syllabus PDF?
The PDF version of the Class 6 CBSE English syllabus can be accessed without any hassle from the Extramarks website or app. It may be accessed offline or online on multiple devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs.
5. How does the CBSE Class 6 English syllabus help students to learn effectively?
Students can easily step up their learning by referring to the Class 6 CBSE English syllabus. Some of the benefits are listed below:
- The subjects specified for the course assessments are included in the syllabus. Students need not get anxious about the syllabus and the authenticity of the notes provided by Extramarks. .
- The syllabus explicitly specifies the chapter-wise weightage accorded to units and chapters, allowing students to plan their preparation and maximise their potential. .
- The curriculum also describes the different categories of questions and supplement their learning with plenty of revision followed by feedback.
- Students will surely benefit from having a good comprehension of the syllabus and the weightage assigned to each component while preparing for the exam can make a huge difference.