ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes
ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes
The branch of science known as Physics focuses on the features and interactions of space, time, matter, and energy. The term “study of everything” is commonly used to describe physics. Without Physics, the world would never operate as it does now. ICSE Physics also includes the study of the characteristics of matter, energy, and their interrelationships.
There are several branches of Physics, and today each branch is considered a whole discipline. The traditional branches of classical Physics, sometimes known as its primary branches, are mechanics, optics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and acoustics. The following describes a few fields of Physics. Extramarks makes it easy for students by providing ICSE Class 10 Physics Chapter Wise Questions, ICSE 10th Physics Question Papers Chapter Wise, ICSE Physics Class 10 Book and many more study tools.
Apart from ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes, Extramarks also offers ICSE Solutions, I.S.C. & ICSE Syllabus, ICSE sample question papers, ICSE revision notes, ICSE important questions, ICSE question papers, and so much more.
Chapters Included in Physics Class 10 ICSE Revision Notes
The following chapters are included in ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes:
- Chapter 1: Force
- Chapter 2: Work, Energy, and Power
- Chapter 3: Machines
- Chapter 4: Refraction Of Light At Plane Surfaces
- Chapter 5: Refraction Through A Lens
- Chapter 6: Spectrum
- Chapter 7: Sound
- Chapter 8: Current Electricity
- Chapter 9: Electrical Power And Household Circuits
- Chapter 10: Electro-Magnetism
- Chapter 11: Calorimetry
- Chapter 12: Radioactivity
In-Depth Chapter Details As Included in Class 10 ICSE Physics Revision Notes
Chapter 1: Force
- Students are required to study force in this chapter, which is described as a physical factor that affects a change in the body’s state. It either pushes it into motion or pulls it toward being immobile (at rest).
- Students will study frictional force, equilibrium, the impact force has on the body, the S.I. unit of force, the C.G.S. and M.K.S. metric systems, and more.
- According to one theory, there are three kinds of frictional forces: rolling, kinetic, and static. This chapter defines a wide variety of forces.
- Students will become familiar with the concept of equilibrium and its various forms.
Chapter 2: Work, Energy, and Power
This chapter explains what work, energy, and power are.
- Work is defined as the displacement of an object caused by the application of a force.
- Power is the quantity of work completed in a specific time frame (often 1 second).
- Energy is the quantity of labour that a body is capable of performing. This chapter also covers a crucial subject, namely the energy conservation law.
- The definitions of each term, such as scalar and vector, kinetic energy and its link to momentum, will be taught to the students.
Chapter 3: Machines
- Students will study machines and their purposes in this chapter. A physical system that transfers or alters force is a machine.
- The terms load, effort, mechanical advantage, lever, pulley, velocity advantage, efficiency, gears, increase in speed, and gain in torque will all be introduced to the students.
- The relationships between these concepts, the principle of a lever, several classes of a lever, and various types of pulleys and their formulas will all be covered in your studies.
Chapter 4: Refraction Of Light At Plane Surfaces
- Students will learn about the Laws of Refraction in this chapter. How Refraction is defined and what it depends on.
- You will learn about the Reversibility of the Light Principle, Total Internal Reflection, Total Lateral Displacement, Prism, Refractive Index, and other topics.
Chapter 5: Refraction Through A Lens
- You can learn more about lenses, including their types (convex and concave), principal focus, focal length, and centre of curvature, by visiting this page.
- Students will learn how images are created and how many different kinds of images there are. Additionally, they will comprehend the produced images’ nature, size, and position.
Chapter 6: Spectrum
- Students will learn about the spectrum in this chapter, which comprises seven colours listed in increasing frequency order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet (VIBGYOR)
- They will learn about fascinating subjects, including light, dispersion, various kinds of radiation and their characteristics, and the amazing electromagnetic spectrum.
Chapter 7: Sound
- How does the sound get made? What distinguishes the sound from an echo? What circumstances lead to the formation of an echo? What is it used for?
- Here, several words are also defined, including pitch, loudness, vibrations, string oscillations, and timbre quality.
Chapter 8: Current Electricity
- The SI unit of electric current, charge, potential, potential difference, and various bridge types will all be taught to the students.
- Ohm’s Law, a crucial physics concept, is also covered in this chapter. In this lesson, students will discover how Resistance, Conductance, and Voltage relate to one another.
Chapter 9: Electrical Power And Household Circuits
- Students learn about common household gadgets in this chapter that turn heat energy into mechanical energy for our convenience. (Examples: Geyser, Toaster, Bulb, etc.)
- Soon, students will be taught how to compute household electrical energy usage, current, and power.
Chapter 10: Electromagnetism
- This chapter describes the creation of a magnetic field and credits Hans Oersted with its definition.
- The Right-Hand Thumb Rule, the Maxwell Corkscrew Rule, the Fleming Left-Hand Rule, the Solenoid, the Electromagnet and its Characteristics, and the Types of Transformers will all be covered.
Chapter 11: Calorimetry
- Students study heat, heat capacity, the principle of calorimetry, freezing point, melting point, vaporisation, and other terms in detail here.
- This chapter deals with a very significant subject: the greenhouse effect. What causes global warming, and how and why? What actions need to be performed to alter it?
Chapter 12: Radioactivity
- In this chapter, students learn about the atom, the nucleus, and its parts (proton, neutron, and electron). They also study radiation, the cathode ray tube and its uses, radioactivity, and the alpha, beta, and gamma radiations that make up this activity.
ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes: About Physics Syllabus
The ICSE Physics Class 10 Syllabus aids students in making an efficient exam preparation plan. According to CISCE criteria, a well-structured syllabus for Physics has been developed. While preparing for their exam, students must consistently adhere to the syllabus. The weighting of the grades for each subject is also disclosed in the syllabus, which aids students in making the appropriate preparations. Additionally, it informs students of the subjects or ideas they will cover during the school year.
ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes: Previous Years Papers
In order to assist students in studying for their exams, ICSE Physics Class 10 previous year papers are provided in accordance with the syllabus. By completing these papers, they will be able to gain an understanding of the exam format, key subjects, section weights, etc. After finishing the Physics curriculum, students should practise these prior year’s papers to gauge their level of preparation. According to the question paper from the previous year, students can prepare long and short answers.
Benefits Of Solving ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes
When that happens, “Revision” can save the day. It is impossible to stress the importance of revision, especially in a subject like Physics, where it is typical for students to have trouble remembering the exact formula to solve a certain problem. Before providing you with all the links you’ll need for your preparation, let’s quickly point out a few things that regular revision notes can assist you with:
- Boosts self-confidence: After finishing their revision, the student is confident that they have taken all of the necessary steps to remember all of the important information for the exam. This assurance infuses a new level of self-confidence.
- Improves speed: Students can compute sums more quickly after answering numerous questions, which also helps them understand the concepts better. Both the sums and the calculation time improved after a number of modification repetitions.
- Helps to avoid silly mistakes: In a subject like physics, where a minor negative instead of a plus can completely lead you down the wrong path, revision allows you to ensure you don’t make such silly mistakes.
- Presentation skills: An important aspect of the Board Exam is how well you present your work. Leaving aside the problem of handwriting, frequent revision helps students produce cleaner overall work by reducing the number of errors and cancellations they make.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How Can I Avoid Feeling Dejected When I Get Poor Grades?
Do not let your poor grades become a weakness. Consider making it your strength. Rather than dwelling on the negative and wasting time, channel your energy into determining what went wrong. Examine your manuscript and make a note of any obvious errors and conceptual blunders. Stay true to yourself and frequently dispel any concerns. Consider it a lesson learned and be inspired to perform even better.
2. How can I improve my Physics skills?
Practice. A saying to the effect that “practice makes perfect ” has been repeated time and time again. And when we discuss Physics and Mathematics, it is the undisputed truth. When you answer a problem repeatedly, you automatically begin interpreting it, and your brain gradually absorbs it. If you pick up the notes again in 5 days, you will already feel that you remember most of them. Contrarily, you will notice that you have forgotten much of it if you go for at least 30 days without even looking at those notes. What causes this to occur? It’s because of how our brains are organised. You get better the more you practise. You can easily gain ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes from Extramarks.
3. What books should I consult as I prepare?
For your ICSE Board preparation, and especially for the 10th Physics Notes, you should consult the SELINA Books. Students and educators highly recommend these books. When you read these books, you will realise how concisely the material is presented. These books are more than sufficient, so students won’t need to look for any additional ones. These books give pupils knowledge in a thorough, written manner. They support you as you prepare for board examinations and competitive exams.
4. Why Do I Need to Write Revision Notes? What Am I Gaining?
You will notice that after a few times you have taken notes and studied, you won’t even need to look at your book again if you take notes and read through it regularly every week or two. Your sixth revision will only take 30 minutes, compared to the first three revisions’ hour-and-a-half duration. You read a lengthy topic and then use pointers to distil it into a compact form when taking handwritten notes. You will only need to read your brief but comprehensive notes the next time you need to revise a subject. Experts at Extramarks have specially prepared ICSE Physics Class 10 Notes. You can easily gain ICSE Class 10 Physics Revision Notes from Extramarks.
5. NCERT textbook: Is it useful for the JEE exam?
Yes, NCERT textbooks and solutions are crucial for raising your JEE Physics results. The NCERT textbook is frequently used as the source of questions in the JEE exam. Therefore, aspirants are recommended to thoroughly complete the NCERT textbook and the question papers from the previous year to understand the exam format and the scoring system.