NEET Admit Card
NEET Admit Card 2023
NEET 2023 admit card will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Once the admit card, also known as the hall ticket, is released, you can download it from the official website- neet.nta.nic.in. The NEET admit card 2023 is expected to be released at least two weeks before the NEET Exam, which will be conducted on July 17, 2023. Any candidate who hasn’t completed the application process will fail to download the NEET admit card.
Introduction To NEET Exam 2023
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET Examination is conducted by NTA every year. Students aspiring to pursue MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, BHMS and other undergraduate medical courses like Dental, AYUSH in recognised Universities and Institutes (AIIMS & JIPMER) in India, must apply for the exam.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced that the entrance test will be in 13 languages. Candidates can now opt for the NEET Question Paper in any of the following languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu and Kannada.
Nonetheless, it is important to go through the following information before selecting the language.
- While filling out the application form, the option of the medium of question paper will be applied.
- The option once applied/selected, cannot not be changed by the candidate.
- For those candidates who opt for the English language, the test paper will be given in English medium only.
- For those candidates who opt for the Hindi language, a Bilingual Test Booklet will be provided, which includes Hindi and English medium in the exams booklet.
- For those candidates who have selected one regional language, a Bilingual Test Booklet will be provided, which includes the language selected and the English medium in the exam booklet.
- In case of any doubt in the translation of the questions, the English version provided will be considered final.
Pen and paper mode will be followed, where the candidates must attempt Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). There will be 200 questions as per the recent NEET exam pattern, and candidates should answer 180 questions to score a maximum of 720 marks. The NEET syllabus includes the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). The time duration is limited to 3 hours.
The questions in the NEET exam pattern 2023 will be divided into two sections – Section A and B. Section A will comprise 35 questions, while Section B will have 15 questions for each subject. The candidate will need to answer ten questions from Section B. The NEET exam has a negative marking system. For each correct answer, students gain four marks, but for every incorrect answer, one mark is deducted from the total. No marks are allotted for unanswered questions.
Students may refer to the NEET syllabus provided by Extramarks to prepare for their examination. In addition to the syllabus, we aid students in NEET preparation by providing various study materials such as NEET sample papers, important questions, and notes, among others. Students may take up NEET mock tests with help from Extramarks. Furthermore, students may refer to important NEET questions provided by us on our website.
Extramarks believes in helping candidates prepare for the examination. Hence, from NEET registration to preparation, NEET application form to study materials, we provide every service. Students may register to Extramarks to prepare for NEET counselling, details on admit card, check the NEET exam date or NEET results, as well as to gather information on the NEET PG examination.
Why Is The NEET Admit Card Important?
The NEET admit card is a vital document that acts as a proof for all those candidates who are eligible to take the exam. If a candidate fails to present the NEET admit card, they will be strictly prohibited inside the examination centre.
The relevant details provided by NEET 2023 admit card includes the candidate’s name and essential information such as roll number, exam centre address, date and time of the examination, as well as necessary guidelines to be followed in the examination hall.
Here are the steps to download Admit Card NEET 2023
Candidates are advised to follow certain steps to download NEET 2023 admit card online. The steps have been mentioned as follows.
Step 1: Visit neet.nta.nic.in, the official website.
Step 2: Click on the ‘E- Services’ tab displayed on the menu bar
Step 3: Select the option ‘NEET(UG) 2023: Admit Card’
Step 3: Enter your NEET 2023 application number that you received while filling out the registration form.
Step 4: Type your date of birth.
Step 5: Enter the valid security pin.
Step 6: NEET admit card will be shown on the screen. Click on the download option and save the NEET Admit Card 2023 on your device.
Step 7: The NEET Admit Card, once downloaded, will be saved in PDF format. This makes it easier to take a printout of the same.
Step 8: A mandatory precautionary undertaking form for COVID-19 has to be filled out and submitted.
Are you unable to download the NEET Admit Card?
If you have fully completed the application process, you should be able to download the NEET admit card with ease. However, if you are unable to download the NEET admit card from the NTA website, you can seek help by contacting the NEET help desk immediately with the given Helpline Numbers 011-69227700/011-40759000, between 9.30 AM and 5.30 PM or emailing the query to NTA at ‘neet @nta.ac.in’.
NEET Admit Card 2023 Updates
Although the NEET exam date has been declared, the date for the release of admit card is yet to be announced.
|NEET admit card release date||Yet to be announced|
|NEET exam 2023||July 17, 2023|
Students who have applied for the NEET exam may register on Extramarks to be updated with the NEET Admit Card release date.
Important Details Mentioned In NEET Admit Card
The NEET 2023 Admit Card is proof of identification of the candidate and that he/she has met the NEET eligibility criteria and completed the application process. The candidate will be exempted to appear for the examination if one has forgotten NEET admit card or if there is a notice of an error. Hence, NEET aspirants are advised to always check all the details mentioned on the hall ticket.
The admit card for NEET will have the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- NEET 2023 roll number
- NEET application number
- Time and date of the NEET exam
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Category/ Sub-category
- Residential Address
- Medium/language of the examination
- Address of the examination centre
- Number of the exam centre
- Signature of the Candidate
- Instructions and guidelines before appearing for the NEET Examination
What are the instructions printed on the NEET 2023 admit card?
Important instructions for NEET 2023 examination are printed on the admit card. Here is an idea of guidelines on the NEET admit cards:
- Candidates are requested to set their watch on the clock on the NTA website.
- Candidates must report to the exam centre before the ‘reporting time’ mentioned on the NEET admit card.
- Details of the exam centre allotted to the candidate are printed on the NEET Admit Card.
- The time of entry into the exam centre will begin at 11.40 AM and closes with the last entry at 1.30 PM.
- Candidates found with any prohibited items will be barred from the examination.
- To prevent any mishap due to location, candidates are advised to once visit the exam centre a day or two before the examination.
- Things like Geometry/ pencil box, calculator, log table, ruler, any paper material, etc., are not allowed inside the examination centre.
- Handbags, purses, wallets, electronic gadgets, calculators, watches, etc., are also NOT allowed inside the examination centre.
- Students are exempted from carrying any eatables inside the examination centre, although precautionary measures for students with diabetes are taken. They are allowed to carry fruits and sugar tablets.
- Due to the COVID-19 protocol, the National Testing Agency has allowed the candidates to carry a transparent water bottle.
- On completion of the examination, candidates have to drop their NEET admit card in a box outside the exam hall.
- Candidates should wait for their turn and leave the exam hall one by one. This is done to avoid unnecessary crowds outside the centres.
It is compulsory to carry the NEET admit card to the exam centre. You should also be aware that the NEET admit card 2023 will not be sent by post and has to be downloaded through online mode only.
Other documents are required in the examination centre, along with the NEET admit card.
Other mandatory documents to be carried for the examination apart from NEET Admit Card are as follows.
- Printed NEET Admit Card (A4 size)
- An additional passport size photo of the candidate is to be posted on the attendance sheet.
- Candidate must carry any one of the original and active identity proof along with NEET Admit Card– PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/12th Class Board Admit or Registration card/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/Ration Card. Any Photo ID proof on the mobile phone will NOT be taken into consideration.
- The candidate must bring a PWD certificate from a recognised authority in case of any disability.
- Self-declaration form from the NTA website following the COVID-19 protocol
For more information on NEET admit cards and exams, students may register on Extramarks.
NEET 2023 Dress Code Instructions
Following are the dress code instructions for students appearing in the NEET examination.
- Candidates must wear slippers or sandals with low heels. You can wear any footwear with open toes.
- Male candidates must wear a half sleeves shirt or T-shirt. Anyone with long or full sleeves shirts or t-shirts won’t be allowed inside the exam hall.
- Female candidates should opt for half sleeve t-shirts, shirts or kurtas.
- Jeans or trousers that have multiple zips or pockets should be avoided.
- Do not wear jewellery of any kind such as finger rings, necklaces or earrings.
- Those who have religious purposes for their attire will be thoroughly checked before entering the exam hall.
Important Points To Remember While Downloading The NEET Admit Card.
- Take a coloured printout of the NEET 2023 Admit Card
- Affix the passport size (the same photograph submitted with the application) in the space provided.
- The signature of a parent or guardian is compulsory.
Also, note that if you provide the wrong information in the application form, it will be difficult to download the NEET Admit Card. Hence make sure that every piece of information that you provide while applying is true and you have sufficient proof of the same.
To avoid any errors on the NEET Admit Card, always cross-check the following details before submitting the application:
- Active Mobile Number
- Active Email Address
- Details of class tenth and twelfth, which includes mark sheet passed out, certificate, roll number issued by the Board and school address.
- Correct spelling of father’s and mother’s name
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Election Card (EPIC No.), passport number, ration card number, bank account or any other valid Govt. identity number
- Scanned images of passport-size photograph, candidate’s signature and left-hand thumb impression
What To Do If You Have Forgotten the Application Number?
One of the most common mistakes made by the candidates is relying on memory to remember the application number. The application number is unique to all individuals. It is advised to always note down the application number. Regardless, there is no need to worry. If you have forgotten, you can retrieve it by following the steps given below.
- Go to the official website – neet.nta.nic.in
- Select forgot my application or registration number.
- After the above step, the following details will be displayed: Candidate name, mother’s name, father’s name, category, date of birth, and security pin.
- Fill in the correct details as mentioned on the application form.
- The Application Number will be displayed on the screen.
While the number can be viewed by following the process mentioned above, any minor discrepancy in the details filled, such as a spelling mistake while mentioning the parent name, can cause more trouble. If you haven’t yet downloaded the NEET Admit Card, remember to note down the application number to prevent any further difficulties.
Do’s and Don’ts For The NEET Exam.
NEET exam is conducted by the NTA on a professional level. Therefore, candidates are expected to follow certain rules when appearing for the examination. Any foul play witnessed during the examination; the candidate will be prohibited from answering the exam.
- Carry the NEET admit card
- Keep 2-3 photocopies of the NEET admit card till the end of the examination.
- Carry other necessary documents such as a photo, ID proof and self-declaration form downloaded from the NTA website.
- Bring a simple transparent Ballpoint Pen.
- Carry hand sanitiser (50 ml) in a transparent water bottle
- Reach the exam centre earlier to avoid delays caused due to traffic. This also leaves you ample time to relax.
- Follow the dress code mentioned on the NEET Admit Card.
- Pay attention to the guidelines and rules to be followed in the exam hall.
- Don’t forget to bring the admit card on the examination date.
- Don’t carry any kind of electronics into the exam hall.
- Don’t present your Photo ID proof on mobile. It won’t be considered.
- Do not carry any NEET books, NEET question papers of past years or any other study material into the exam hall.
- Don’t wear accessories that make you suspicious.
- Do not carry handbags or any personal belongings into the examination hall
- Don’t wear footwear with thick soles, high heels, or those that raise suspicion.
- Avoid fancy clothing with large buttons or a lot of pockets. This might make you look suspicious. Girls might want to avoid wearing clothing that has a lot of flares.
- Do not discard the NEET admit card after you complete the examination. This card is mandatory during counselling.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can I appear for the NEET exam if I have forgotten my Photo ID card?
No. You will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without a photo ID Proof. Candidates can carry any one of the original identity proof along with NEET Admit Card– PAN card/Voter ID/ Passport/Driving License/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/Ration Card. If you carry only the NEET Admit Card, you will be denied entry into the examination hall, meaning you will not be allowed to write the exam. It is important to carry both documents to the examination. Any Photo ID proof on the mobile phone will NOT be considered valid.
2. Can I appear for the exam if I lose the NEET Admit Card?
No. You will be prohibited from entry inside the exam hall without the NEET admit card. Consider the admit card to be one of the most vital NEET eligibility criteria. Regardless, you can always go to the official NTA website and follow the steps to download the Admit Card by providing the application number and password/date of birth. It is advisable to keep at least 2-3 copies of the NEET Admit Card.
3. Are there any guidelines mentioned in the NEET 2023 Admit Card?
The NEET Admit Card, also known as NEET Hall Ticket, comes with a printed set of instructions and guidelines to be followed at the exam centre. In addition to that, Covid 19 protocols, dress code, and other documents to be carried will also be mentioned. Students are advised to strictly adhere to these guidelines.
4. What type of photo should be affixed on the Admit card?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) follows a code of conduct for all highly competent aspirants. Every minute detail, even your photograph, should be professionally pasted. You should affix a standard passport size photograph. The size of the picture, according to NEET 2021 admit card specifications, should be 2.5 X 3.5 inches and should have a white background.