NEET Application Form
NEET Application Form
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a test administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Interested applicants can easily apply for the exam by filling out the NEET 2023 application form. The NTA has posted the NEET application form on their website. When the application form for NEET 2023 is issued, candidates can verify the eligibility requirements and fill out the application form. The important elements of the NEET application form for 2023 are explained here for the convenience of the candidates.
Before you fill out the application form, make sure that you satisfy the qualifying requirements. All of these must be completed in the form. You can sit for the exams once that is done. It is also important to know important dates for the NEET 2023 application form and examination.
The necessary information about filling out the NEET application form can be found here. You’ll also find answers to some of the most common questions about the NEET registration procedure. For example, students may forget the credentials linked with their application form. They’ll also find instructions about how to retrieve these credentials successfully. Continue reading for more details.
Important dates for NEET 2023
Before we go into the specifics of filling out the NEET application form, students must know the important dates associated with the NEET 2023 exam. Students can use the chart below better to understand the important dates for the NEET 2023 test. Aspirants are advised to read over this table attentively to make the required preparations before the tests begin.
|Events related to NEET 2023||Date of the event|
|Notification of NEET 2023 exam||April 6 2023|
|Registration for NEET 2023 by NTA||April 6 2023|
|Last date to fill NEET Application form||May 6 2023|
|Last date to pay the Application fee||May 6 2023|
|Correction window of NEET Application form||May 24 2023, to May 27 2023|
|NEET Admit card release date||Soon to be released|
|2023 NEET Exam date||17th July 2023|
|Declaration of NEET results||By 20th August, 2023|
|Commencement of NEET Counselling||Soon to be released|
2023 NEET Eligibility Criteria
An aspirant interested in taking this national-level entrance exam in 2023 should be well-versed with all of the NEET qualifying requirements. Checking those things off will make it easier for candidates to fill out the form and take the exam. So, le’ us look at the NTA’s eligibility requirements for NEET.
Indian citizens, OCIs, PIOs, NRIs, and other foreign nationals who fulfil the eligibility conditions prescribed by the institutions, State Governments and the Government of India, as applicable, are eligible to apply for NEET 2023.
- Age Limit
An applicant should be at least 17 years old as of December 31 in the year of admission to one of the medical or dentistry institutes. The age restriction for applicants in the PwD category is the same. However, the previous limitation of 25 and 30 years for the maximum age limit has been lifted.
- Academic Qualifications
To be eligible for the NEET test, students must have completed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in class 12th or an equivalent exam.
- Marks to Qualify
To be eligible for NEET, candidates must have received the required qualifying marks in their 12th or equivalent exam. It changes depending on which category they fall under. A minimum score of 50 per cent in Physics, Chemistry and Biology is required for the unreserved category. The minimum proportion for reserved candidates should be 40%, and for PwD candidates, it should be 45 per cent.
Candidates taking their qualifying examinations this year are also eligible to take the NEET. Examine the NEET eligibility requirements thoroughly before proceeding with the application process. Note that the NTA has not restricted the number of NEET attempts that can be made.
Filling Out the NEET Application Form
Correctly filling out all the details in the NEET application form can be tricky for most students. Extramarks has explained the entire procedure below:
- Go to nta.neet.nic. to register for the NEET 2023 exam.
- If you are a new user, go to the NEET Application Form Login Page and click on ‘New Registration.’ Then, fill in the needed information.
- Click ‘Candidate Login’ if you are an existing user. To continue, enter your Application Number and Password.
- After entering the captcha, click ‘Preview and Next.’
- Read and review the supplied information in the following step, then click the ‘Next’ button if the data is correct.
- Select ‘OTP Verification’ from the drop-down menu. After you click on that, an OTP will be sent to your registered phone number.
- Then select the ‘Submit’ option.
Steps to be followed after the registration process has been completed
- Candidates must select the option “Click here to log in” after completing the registration process.
- Aspirants may now input their NEET 2023 application number and password to log in.
- On the screen, the NEET 2023 application form will be displayed.
- Aspirants may now fill out the NEET 2023 application form by entering personal information, educational qualifications and other information.
- The information supplied during the NEET 2023 registration procedure will be pre-filled on the application form, and it will not be possible to amend it.
- The NEET 2023 application form is split into 12 sections. The different portions of the NEET 2023 Application forms are shown here along with the information needed to complete each area:
|Place of birth||
|Medium of question paper (anyone)||
|Choice of examination centre||Applicants must choose any four exam centres in the decreasing order of preference.|
|Academic details of 10th standard||
|Academic details of 11th standard||
|Academic details of 12th standard||
|Permanent address||Candidate’s permanent address|
|Correspondence address||Fill in the current address or the permanent address|
|Details of parents/guardians||
|Security pin||Alphanumeric pin|
- Aspirants should double-check all data before submitting the NEET 2023 application form since it cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
- Candidates must click “Yes, please do” on the confirmation page to submit the correctly verified NEET application form.
Uploading of required documents
- Select “Upload recent documents” from the drop-down menu.
- All relevant papers, such as signatures/photographs, SC/ST Certificates and PWD certificates, must be uploaded.
- Select the files that have been uploaded now.
- Then press the “Next” button.
Payment of Application fee
Aspirants must pay a cost as an application fee after completing the NEET 2023 application form. The application cost for NEET 2023 can be paid online. NEET 2023 application costs may be paid through a debit card, UPI app, internet banking, credit card or e-wallet.
Submit and download the Confirmation page
- The service/processing charges per transaction and GST must be paid by aspirants (if required).
- Candidates must complete the NEET 2023 application form by accepting the declaration and clicking the “submit” button.
- In case the status of the NEET 2023 application form is ‘Confirmed,’ it signifies that the conducting authorities have accepted the NEET 2023 application form.
- Finally, download the NEET 2023 Application Form and the confirmation page, and print the application form for future reference.
2023 NEET Application Fee
The application costs for NEET 2023 must be paid over the internet.
In the table below, the application cost for NEET 2023 is shown along with the corresponding category:
|General category||Rs. 1600|
|General – EWS and OBC-NCL||Rs. 1500|
|Foreign nationals||Rs. 8500|
Retrieving NEET Credentials
Were you too occupied to note down your login password? Don’t worry; Extramarks has got your back. There are three methods for retrieving passwords for the NEET 2023 application form. They can get them back using these ways:
- First, through the link, you can get your registration number.
- Candidates receive a registration link when they register.
- They can recover their registration number by going to this page and entering the needed information.
- Reset Password
- Using One Time Password (OTP)
- Select ‘via OTP’ on the password reset screen. Reset the password after receiving the OTP.
- Using the security question
- To reset your password, answer the security question you chose and submit your Answer.
Documents needed for NEET
||10 KB- 200
KB, 4”*6” (Postcard size) 10 KB to 200 KB (passport size)
|Scanned signature||Applicants’ signatures should be in black ink on a white background||4 KB to 30 KB||JPG/JPEG|
|Scan of thumb impression||The thumb impression (left hand) should be in blue ink||10 KB to 200 KB||JPG/JPEG|
|10th standard passing certificate||A scanned copy of the 10th class passing certificate needs to be uploaded||50 KB to 300 KB|
|Embassy certificate or Citizenship certificate||An embassy or a citizenship certificate is necessary to prove the candidate’s citizenship||50 KB to 300 KB|
|Other things that should be kept at hand||
NEET Application Form Correction Window
Only registered applicants can access the NEET application form 2023 correction window. In the NEET 2023 application form, candidates can change their exam city preferences and other parameters. In addition, aspirants can utilise the NEET application form 2023 correction window to fix any wrong information or mistakes in the NEET 2023 application form and the exam centres by the deadline. To set the modifications and use the NEET 2023 correction window, candidates must log in with their NEET 2023 application number and password.
The following details in the NEET application form can be corrected:
- Place of birth
- Personal information of the applicant
- Dress code
- Choice of exam city
- Details of guardians/parents
- Medium of the question paper
- Permanent and the correspondence address
- Academic details of the 10th, 11th, and the 12th class
Similarly, the following data in the NEET application form cannot be changed:
- Registered mobile number
- Registered email id
Editing the NEET Application Form
The following are the methods for editing the NEET application form:
- Step 1: Aspirants will have to click on the provided link.
- Step 2: The NEET 2023 application number and password must be entered.
- Step 3: In the NEET (UG) 2023 Application Form, select the option for correction.
- Step 4: Aspirants will be able to alter the wrong field once the NEET 2023 application form appears.
- Step 5: After completing the necessary modifications in the NEET 2023 application form, choose “Preview” and submit.
- Step 6: An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the candidate..
- Step 7: Candidates must now input their OTP and click the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Step 8: The NEET 2023 application correction slip will show on the computer screen with the amended information when you submit the revisions.
- Step 9: Finally, aspirants should download the NEET 2023 application correction slip and keep a printout for future reference.
Correcting the Image Discrepancy in the NEET Application Form
The National Testing Agency will make all registered NEET 2023 aspirants aware of how to fix image errors. The picture inconsistency in the NEET 2023 application form must be fixed before the deadline. Corrections or modifications to the signature/photography can be made using the National Testing Agency’s login facility or the correction window. Aspirants can follow the methods below to resolve any picture discrepancies in the NEET 2023 application form.
- Step 1: Click the ‘NEET candidate login’ link.
- Step 2: The NEET 2023 application number and password must be entered.
- Step 3: On the screen, you’ll see the opportunity to add your signature or photos.
- Step 4: Upload the proper photos following the instructions.
- Step 5: Before submitting, double-check everything.
- Step 6: An OTP number will be issued to the candidate’s cellphone number and registered email address after submission.
- Step 7: The NEET 2023 correction form will show on the screen after inputting the supplied OTP number.
- Step 8: Aspirants are recommended to save and print the NEET 2023 rectification form for future reference.
Downloading the NEET Admit Card
- Go to NEET’s official website, neet.nta.nic.in
- Look for the “Download Admit Card” option on the homepage.
- Fill in the blanks: application number, date of birth, and security pin.
- Submit the form by clicking the Submit button. It will take you to the page for the NEET Admit Card.
- You may now download and print the NEET hall ticket for use throughout the counselling and admission process.
The last date to download your NEET admit card will also be given. Therefore, candidates should download their admit cards way before the deadline.
Do’s and Don’ts to remember while filling out the NEET Application Form.
- Candidates must carefully read the eligibility requirements and other instructions before filling out the NEET application form.
- When filling out the NEET form, the applicant must take special note of the NEET registration number supplied to them.
- Before submitting the NEET application, candidates should double-check that all of their information is valid and up to date. For example, in the NEET application form for class 10, the name of the father/mother is spelt appropriately, Including your phone number, qualifications, and other personal information.
- The NEET 2023 application form must be completed appropriately according to the guidelines.
- Candidates will be led to the payment page after filling out the information. After completing the form and making a successful payment, a physical copy of the confirmation page is advised for future reference.
Latest updates on NEET Application Form and Registration procedure
There have been a few significant changes to the NEET form filling procedure, as detailed below:
- NEET 2023 has an entirely online application process. You must complete the application form online if you want to sit for the NEET 2023 test. Keep track of the NEET application form deadlines and complete your application before it closes.
- During the registration process, the NTA will not provide any rectification services. As a result, before completing the online NEET application form, you should carefully fill it out and read it several times.
- The NEET 2023 registration procedure will be completed in one step, unlike in the previous two years.
- You must submit a self-declaration form if you are from the UTs of J&K or Ladakh and seek to claim the All-India quota. The All-India Quota of 15% does not apply to these two Union Territories.
- Students seeking admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and veterinary medicine programmes, as well as B.Sc. Nursing must take the NEET test. Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy are examples of AYUSH courses.
- NEET UG 2023 will also select students for AIIMS and JIPMER. As a result, all candidates interested in enrolling in these colleges must complete the registration procedure and submit the NEET 2023 Application form. As a result, there would be no separate test for admission to AIIMS and JIPMER.
- You can add your cell phone number and another email address to your NTA account this year.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the procedure for applying for NEET 2022?
Aspirants who want to take the forthcoming exam can fill out NEET Application Forms 2023 by going to the NTA’s official website, neet.nta.nic.in. For your convenience, the following is a step-by-step guide to completing the NEET registration process in 2023:
- Click on ‘Registration for NEET-UG 2023’ on the official website.
- You will be routed to the NTA’s website where you can fill out an application form.
- Next, click on ‘New Registration,’ go through all the requirements, and complete the NTA NEET Application Form.
Essential registration to create NEET login credentials, filling out the NEET application form for personal, academic and other data, and paying the application cost are the three phases of the NEET 2023 application procedure.
2. Is NTA going to offer an Application Form Correction for NEET-UG 2023?
NTA will give NEET Application form correction services when the registration window closes. On the official website, neet.nta.nic.in, the form correction dates will be notified soon. Because the application procedure will end on May 20, 2023, the form correction facility will likely start in the fourth week of May 2023. You can change the following fields: Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Gender, Category, Person with Disability Status, State Code of Eligibility and Nationality.
3. Should I include a white backdrop, a date, and my name at the bottom of the photo?
Previously, a passport-size photo with a white backdrop was required, as well as the date and name at the bottom of the picture. According to the most recent official notification on the subject, officials have announced that images without a name or date will also function. Therefore, it is not necessary to certify the pictures. The latest photos should be in colour or black and white, with a white backdrop and 80 percent of the face (without the mask) visible, including the ears.
4. What is the appropriate dress code for the NEET exam?
For male candidates:
- T-shirts or half-sleeved shirts in light colours are recommended. No full-sleeved shirts are permitted.
- Kurtas and pyjamas are not permitted.
- No elaborate pockets, zips, large buttons, or embroidery, for example, will be tolerated.
- It is recommended to put on a pair of trousers instead of shorts.
- Shoes are not permitted, so be sure to wear sandals or slippers.
For female candidates:
- Light colours are preferred. Expensive prints, embroidery, zips, sleeves, brooches and buttons should be avoided.
- Sandals and slippers (low-heeled) are required; shoes are prohibited.
- It is recommended that no jewellery, belts, watches or other such accessories be worn.
5. Is it possible to challenge the response based on OMR grading?
Yes, students will have the opportunity to contest the OMR sheet and the NEET UG Answer key 2023. Applicants who pay a non-refundable processing fee of 200/- per question challenged will be allowed to submit a representation against the OMR grading. Candidates can dispute the provisional Answer Key online by paying a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 200/- for every contested answer within a defined time frame. When responses are challenged, NTA verifies them; if they are determined to be accurate, the answer key is revised; hence, the compilation of the new set of answer keys leads to the announcement of results. It is to be noted that candidates will not be notified of the challenge’s approval or rejection. You’ll need to go to the official website and look for it.
6. What is the minimum percentage of marks in class 12 to qualify for the NEET 2021 exam?
To be eligible for NEET (UG) – 2021, a General category & GEN EWS candidate must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually, as well as a minimum of 50 per cent combined marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination as specified in the NMC and DCI Regulations. The minimum marks achieved in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology combined in the qualifying examination for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes or Other Backward Classes (NCL) must be 40% instead of 50% for Unreserved and General-EWS Candidates. According to NMC and DCI regulations, the minimum qualifying examination marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (or Botany and Zoology)/Biotechnology combined should be 40% instead of 50% for PWD applicants.
7. How can I choose the medium for the NEET 2021 question paper?
The NEET 2021 test will be held in 13 different languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Punjabi. Therefore, when filling out the application form, the medium of the question paper should be carefully considered. Once you’ve picked an option, you can’t go back and modify it.
- Candidates who choose English will get just an English Test Booklet.
- Candidates who choose Hindi will receive a Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates who choose regional languages will be given a Bilingual Test Booklet in their desired Regional language and English.
If there is ambiguity in the translation of a question in the exam, the English version will be considered definitive, and the NTA’s judgement will be final.