NEET Exam Date
NEET 2023 Exam Date:
The National Testing Agency (NTA), the official authority to conduct NEET Exam, has announced the notification and application form for NEET 2023 on their website (neet.nta.nic.in). The NEET application process was earlier intended to begin in January, but due to the Covid, the process got delayed and is now starting from 5th March 2023. NEET 2023 Examination is expected to be conducted on Sundays between the last week of June and the first week of July. Read more about the pre-exam and post-exam important event dates of NEET 2023 below.
Candidates planning to appear for the medical entrance test can go through this Extramarks article to get more resources for NEET Exam 2023. We have covered details about NEET eligibility criteria, NEET registration, NEET exam dates, NEET application form, NEET syllabus etc. Also, find answers to common queries and keep yourself posted about essential updates of NEET 2023.
NEET 2023 (Introduction to the Exam)
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will administer the NEET 2023 exam to admit qualified students to undergraduate medical courses at medical institutions. This offline pen-and-paper test enables students to apply for medical courses and programmes at top medical universities in India.
As per the 2023 NTA official website, the NEET exam would have 200 questions. Candidates need to answer 180 of these questions. Subjects would include Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. The questions would be divided into two sections for each subject – Section A and Section B. Section A would have 35 questions, and section B would have 15 questions. From the 15 questions in section B, candidates must answer ten questions.
NEET 2023 will be conducted in thirteen languages for admission to MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BUMS / BHMS and other UG medical programmes in recognised Medical, Dental, Ayush and other colleges or deemed institutions/universities across India. NEET is now required for aspirants who want to study medicine in another country but return to India to practise.
NEET Exam Dates – Application Date, Exam Date
Due to the Covid-19 scenario, the dates for NEET Exams got pushed by a couple of months this year. NEET Exam Date 2023 notification is published on the official NEET website.
NEET 2023 Exam is scheduled to be conducted on Sundays between the last week of June and the first week of July. The tentative NEET exam dates are Sunday, June 26th, 2023, or Wednesday, July 3rd, 2023.
The below table specifies the critical events and related dates for the NEET exam for 2023.
|Event||NEET 2023 Dates|
|NEET Exam date notification||Yet to be announced|
|NEET UG 2023 registration date by NTA||Yet to be announced|
|The Last date to fill NEET application form 2023||Yet to be announced|
|The Last date for application fee payment||Yet to be announced|
|Correction window – NTA NEET application form||Yet to be announced|
|Release of NEET UG admit card||Yet to be announced|
|NEET exam date||Yet to be announced|
|Result declaration||Yet to be announced|
|Commencement of NEET-UG Counselling||Yet to be announced|
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Application form release date: The application form date for NEET Exam date is available in the information brochure published on the official NTA website. To register for the NEET 2023 exam, candidates must follow the instructions for filling out the online application form, which includes uploading photos and documents, online fee payment, and application form printout.
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Correction window date: The correction window for NEET 2023 will be open after completing the NEET 2023 registration process. During this window, candidates who wish to update their earlier provided information can edit their details in the application form. The correction window is open for a specific duration only. Candidates should visit the website regularly so that they do not miss out on the correction window dates.
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Admit card date: The admit card dates for 2023 will be released on the official NEET website 15 days before the exam date. The admit card is the hall ticket for the exam. The admit card would have candidates’ names and other details, exam centre, exam day reporting time, exam schedule, and other important information for NEET exam 2023.
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Exam date: Exam date is the most important event in the NEET process. The tentative NEET exam dates are Sunday, June 26th, 2023, or Wednesday, July 3rd, 2023. On the exam day, candidates should carry their admit cards. Candidates should adhere to the guidelines for the exam day so that they don’t face unwarranted issues on the day of the exam
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Answer key date: Once the exam is concluded, NTA will release the answer key of the NEET 2023 question paper on its official website. The answer key would include the solutions to all the questions asked during the exam. If candidates identify any discrepancy, they can raise objections to the NEET answer key by paying a fee of Rs. 1000 per question to object.
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Result date: This is an important date in the NEET exam process as the candidates’ list and marks will be released. The results of the NEET exam 2023 will be published on the official NTA website in a scorecard format. This would mention the candidate’s roll number, application number, personal details, total marks scored, total and subject-wise percentile, rank secured, and NEET 2023 cutoff marks. Only candidates securing more than the NEET cutoff would be eligible for further process.
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Counselling date: Candidates who clear the cutoff criteria would be notified of the counselling process. MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) will conduct NEET 2023 counselling at mcc.nic.in.
NEET 2023 Exam Fee
Candidates who wish to write NEET 2023 must pay the requisite examination fees by completing the Online NEET Registration Form using any of the following payment methods: debit card, credit card, net banking, or UPI Mode of Payment.
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs 1400/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 800/-|
*At the time of verification, EWS candidates must submit their EWS certificates. Otherwise, their candidature could be revoked.
The NEET 2023 Application Form is successfully submitted only if the confirmation page is generated. So candidates should be cautious about this step. Also, candidates should be updated about the NEET exam date so they can prepare their study plan accordingly.
Essential Facts Of 2023 NEET Exam Date and Other Details:
- Only “Online” applications are accepted for NEET (UG)-2023.
- Access the NTA website at ntaneet.nic.in to submit the online application form. Any other method of obtaining the Application Form will not be accepted.
- A candidate is only allowed to submit one application. Candidates who do not follow the instructions will be automatically disqualified.
- NTA will supply all information/communication via email on the registered email address or SMS on the registered mobile numbers only. Candidates must ensure that the email addresses and mobile numbers submitted in the Online Application Form are their own or their parents’.
NEET Exam Date 2023 – Steps to Apply Online:
The full NEET (UG)-2023 application process is carried out online, including submission of scanned pictures, payment of fees, and printing of confirmation pages. As a result, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) to NTA via post, fax, hand, or email, including the Confirmation Page.
Candidates must fill out the application form once only; otherwise, the NEET admit card will not be issued, and the candidate’s candidature for the upcoming examinations will be forfeited.
To apply online for the NEET 2023 exam, follow the procedures below:
- Enter your or your parent’s unique email address and phone number to begin the online registration procedure.
- Fill out the Online Application Form and write down Application No. generated by the system.
- Upload scanned photos of Candidate’s newest Passport size photograph, Post Card size photograph, Candidate’s Signature, and Left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format. If the left thumb imprint is unavailable, the right-hand thumb impression may be utilised, Class X Passing Certificate in JPG/JPEG format.
The focus of a photograph should be on the subject’s face (80 percent face coverage, ears are visible, on white background).
- Pay the application cost required online and save the transaction slip for future reference. If the Confirmation Page is not generated, the candidate must complete another fee transaction.
- After filling out the form, please save it to your computer and print the Confirmation Page after submitting it successfully.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
The NEET eligibility criteria 2023 are a set of requirements that candidates must meet before applying for the NEET exam date. The NEET 2023 eligibility criteria detail the rules and guidelines for the qualifying exam, including the pass percentage required for the NEET exam, nationality, the age limit for applying, the maximum number of attempts, and more.
What are the NEET Eligibility Criteria?
- The student must have passed 10th and 12th or equivalent from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses.
- Aspirants who have completed Class 12 or equivalent can also apply for NEET.
- As of December 31, 2023, candidates must be 17 years old.
- There is no upper age limit.
- The percentage necessary in class 12 for the NEET 2023 exam is different for each category and can be found below. NEET eligibility marks in class 12 are solely for PCB topics. For – UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45%
- There are no limits on the attempts a candidate can take.
- NEET 2023 is open to Indian citizens, non-resident Indians (NRIs), persons of Indian origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and international nations.
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The Medical Council of India (MCI) prescribes the NEET syllabus. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects covered in 11th and 12th grade will help students prepare for the entrance exam.
- Biology: Human physiology, reproduction, plant physiology, cell structure and function, diversity in the living world, ecology and environment, biology and human welfare, and other essential topics in biology will be covered.
- Chemistry: Basic chemistry principles, Hydrogen, Equilibrium, Alcohol, Electrochemistry, P-block elements, Surface chemistry, Electrochemistry, Phenols and Ethers, and so on will be covered.
- Physics: It will cover laws of motion, electromagnetism, electrostatics, the behaviour of perfect gas, kinetic energy, electronic devices, properties of bulk matter, dual nature of matter and radiation, etc.
NEET Exam Pattern 2023
Last year, the NEET exam pattern underwent several adjustments. While the exam’s overall time, format, and marking scheme remained unchanged, other major exam elements such as the total number of questions, the number of questions to be attempted, and section layout were altered. The new NEET exam pattern is shown in the table below.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the revised NEET (UG) exam pattern, and for 2023, the NEET exam pattern remains the same as the previous year.
- Each subject will have two sections, each with 35 problems in Section A and 15 problems in Section B. (10 are optional).
- A total of 200 multiple-choice questions will be asked (out of which 20 are optional). Each correct answer is given four points.
- NEET (UG) – 2023 is a pen-and-paper exam that must be completed on a specifically developed machine-gradable OMR sheet with a ballpoint pen.
- The NEET 2023 Exam is a 3 hours long examination. (180 minutes)
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics Section A||35||140|
|Physics Section B||15||40|
|Chemistry Section A||35||140|
|Chemistry Section B||15||40|
|Botany Section A||35||140|
|Botany Section B||15||40|
|Zoology Section A||35||140|
|Zoology Section B||15||40|
The exam’s overall score remained at 720. Each correct answer received four points, with one point deducted for each incorrect answer.
NEET Preparation tips:
Candidates can use the following NEET preparation strategies to assist them to pass the exam with a good score:
- Understand the NEET syllabus and exam pattern, as well as the exam’s marking scheme.
- Analyse the degree of NEET preparation by solving NEET question papers, taking regular mock examinations, and solving NEET sample papers.
- Use good study materials; you can also enrol in coaching programmes or use online learning platforms.
- Take a few quick notes and jot down all relevant points from NEET books. Don’t forget to review your notes and practise NEET questions.
- Make a timetable for exam preparation and stick to it in a disciplined manner.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Will the NEET 2023 exam be conducted more than once?
Although the NTA considers holding the NEET exam more than once, no final decision has been made. Along with the NEET 2023 announcement, it is expected that information on the frequency of conduct will be released. Candidates planning to apply for medical courses should keenly observe all updates related to NEET exam dates for 2023.
2. What should be the age of NEET 2023 applicants?
Applicants for NEET 2023 must be at least 17 years old as of December 31, 2023. According to a Delhi High Court order from last year, there is no upper age limit.
3. Can a student of a different country apply for NEET 2023?
Candidates from other countries are welcome to apply for NEET 2023. NRIs, OCIs, and PIOs are also eligible to apply for NEET 2023.