Important Questions for CBSE Class 6 Maths 2023-24
Class 6 Maths Important Questions
As students come to grade sixth, they enter secondary school and thus face a shift in the syllabus. The syllabus becomes more complex and insightful. As a result, the learning pattern changes. All of the chapters and subjects in the syllabus are introduced to form a foundation of knowledge. Thus fundamental courses like Maths should be studied thoroughly. This base of mathematical knowledge will be used in advanced classes for learning new and complex concepts. To get a solid base in Maths, students should refer to the CBSE class 6 Maths important questions section.
Students who wish to succeed in Maths should be familiar with all the concepts of their NCERT textbook. After completing the chapters once, they should continue to practice the numericals. Extramarks’ subject professionals have developed a list of class 6 important questions for Maths to assist students in their exam preparation. These important questions will act as a base for the upcoming exams.
The section of Important Questions for Class 6 Maths has been prepared by keeping in mind all the guidelines laid down by CBSE. These classes pave the way for the students for their future courses. As a result, we cover all the important questions and concepts that a student requires to excel in their examinations and clear their base.
Students can use the Extramarks website to access a variety of study materials in addition to Important Questions for Class 6 Maths. Students can access all materials for free, including NCERT book solutions, CBSE revision notes, CBSE sample papers, CBSE previous year’s question papers, etc. Our solutions are created using advanced content and easy-to-understand language, making it suitable for students to comprehend complex Maths concepts.
What Chapters Are Covered in Class 6 Important Questions Maths?
The students will find their syllabus expanded as they progress to class sixth. Every topic becomes more complex. As a result, they must study both diligently and strategically. Students must seek appropriate study material to help them practise thoroughly, such as Extramarks important questions for class 6 Maths.
Get Access to CBSE Class 6 Maths Important Questions with Solutions
Also, get access to CBSE Class 6 Maths Important Questions for other chapters too:
CBSE Important Questions for Class 6 Maths
|Sr No||Chapter No||Chapter Name|
|1||Chapter 1||Knowing Our Numbers|
|2||Chapter 2||Whole Numbers|
|3||Chapter 3||Playing with Numbers|
|4||Chapter 4||Basic Geometrical Ideas|
|5||Chapter 5||Understanding Elementary Shapes|
|9||Chapter 9||Data Handling|
|12||Chapter 12||Ratio and Proportion|
|14||Chapter 14||Practical Geometry|
All the important questions for class 6 Maths are related to the student’s conceptual growth. Once a chapter is complete, they can use a question paper suggested by the expert teachers and solve all the questions. They should take their time to use the concepts they have learned in the chapter. The students can benefit from Extramarks’ important questions for class 6 Maths.
This solution set has various question types, ranging from objective type questions (fill in the blanks, true or false), multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and subjective type questions such as respond in short and answer in-depth, among others.
As a result, Extramarks important questions for class 6 Maths section becomes a valuable resource for students who want to revise and practice the concepts thoroughly.
Maths Questions for Class 6 with Answers – Chapter-Wise Important Questions
If students prepare well, they will feel more confident performing well on their final exams. By practicing the important questions for class 6 Maths, they will gain a lot of knowledge that will help them in their forthcoming exams. Students who have a solid mathematical foundation can achieve any goal they set for themselves in the subject. These study materials will assist them in fully comprehending the principles of multiple chapters in 6th-grade Maths and improving their exam scores.
Students may click on the link below to access the chapter-wise CBSE important questions for class 6 Maths:
- Important Questions Chapter 1: Knowing Our Numbers
- Important Questions Chapter 2: Whole Numbers
- Important Questions Chapter 3: Playing with Numbers
- Important Questions Chapter 4: Basic Geometrical Ideas
- Important Questions Chapter 5: Understanding Elementary Shapes
- Important Questions Chapter 6: Integers
- Important Questions Chapter 7: Fractions
- Important Questions Chapter 8: Decimals
- Important Questions Chapter 9: Data Handling
- Important Questions Chapter 10: Mensuration
- Important Questions Chapter 11: Algebra
- Important Questions Chapter 12: Ratio and Proportions
- Important Questions Chapter 13: Symmetry
- Important Questions Chapter 14: Practical Geometry
Important questions for class 6 Maths not only guides the students but also helps them with their final revisions. Students can make the most of these solved questions and prepare for the examination. Browse the Extramarks website to receive special updates and information about upcoming examinations.
Class 6 Maths Questions – Types of Questions
The current exam paper format for Class 6 Maths, according to CBSE’s recent guidelines, is as follows:
- The question paper contains 30 questions. It is divided into four parts- A, B, C and D.
- Section A has six questions of one mark each.
- Section B has six questions of two marks each.
- Section C has ten questions of three marks each.
- Section D has eight questions of four marks each.
Class 6 Maths Problems: What are the Benefits of Solving Important Questions for Class 6 Maths
Following are the benefits of Extramarks’ important questions for class 6 Maths.
- Quick evaluation of your problem-solving abilities: Discover the most effective strategies for answering questions in a Maths question paper. Some of the best teachers design question papers for Maths practice. They are aware of the trends and patterns followed by various schools. As a result, studying these patterns and being familiar with the answers can be an important aspect of a student’s preparation.
- Facing a challenge: These questions will differ somewhat from those in the textbook. Students will have a chance to put their abilities to the test. Solving a Class 6 Maths CBSE Question Paper and the important questions class 6 Maths would be a task you must overcome. It is good to assess your skills with these question papers before purchasing a reference book for Class 6 Maths by another author.
- Time Management: Managing time when finishing a question paper in an exam is one of the most difficult challenges a student encounters. There will be a variety of questions to answer. To effectively answer a question paper, you must devise a plan. The only method is to work through the CBSE 6th Maths important questions one by one. You can overcome exam hall anxiety and keep track of time without difficulty.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Which is one of the most challenging chapters in class 6 Maths?
Exponents and powers. For most students, this chapter is challenging. This chapter yields excellent results for students. This chapter will help you conquer your exam if you grasp it well.
Consider the following topics:
- Numbers in the exponential form
- Multiplication of Powers using the Same Base
- The Dividing Powers by the Same Base Law
- The Law of a Powerful Person Taking Power
- The Law of Power Multiplication with the Same Exponent
- The Law of Dividing Powers with the Same Exponent
2. Which are some of the easiest chapters of class 6 Maths?
There are 14 chapters in Maths in Class 6. Since each student has their notion of ease, they will have to skim through the chapters to locate those that don’t appear too difficult. Other topics, such as Symmetry, Data Handling, Fractions, and the first three chapters: Knowing Our Numbers, Whole Numbers, and Playing with Numbers, are easier to grasp. You will be able to complete the course on time if you adhere to a strict study schedule.
3. What is there in the Important Questions for the Class 6 Maths section?
Extramarks provide students with ‘Important Questions’ for each chapter. These questions have been hand-picked by specialists to assist you in revising for the examination or preparing for it in a short amount of time. The questions are one from each of the chapter’s categories, ensuring that you don’t miss any important topics or questions in the tests. Solving these twice or three times can help you remember them. These important questions for class 6 Maths are available on the Extramarks website.