ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes
ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes
Chemistry, a subject included in ICSE Class 10, is the study of matter composition, structure, and characteristics. Chemistry is built on the foundation of atoms and molecules, the building blocks of matter. Chemistry provides a good explanation for the quantitative measurement of the number of main components of matter and their interdependence on the mass of a particular substance. Scientists and engineers have addressed the energy associated with atoms and molecules because of advancements in chemistry. In the ICSE Class 10 Chemistry examination, your understanding of this topic (acquired from classes 6 through 10) will be evaluated.
In terms of their future education, the students taking the Class 10 ICSE exam are in a pivotal stage of their lives. In order for the students to prepare effectively and successfully, they must first comprehend and study the topics. Furthermore, students who take thorough revision notes typically perform better since they include insights and minute information that the textbook was unable to address. The CISCE is in charge of the ICSE Indian Certificate of Secondary Education. In addition to other resources on the Extramarks website, the company offers students access to notes for the core science courses of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology along with ICSE Chemistry Class 10 Textbook.
Apart from ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes, Extramarks also offers ICSE Solutions, ISC & ICSE Syllabus, ICSE sample question papers, ICSE revision notes, ICSE important questions, ICSE question papers, and so much more
Chapters Included In Chemistry Class 10 ICSE Revision Notes
The following chapters are included in the ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes:
- Chapter 1 – Periodic Table, Periodic Properties, And Variations Of Properties
- Chapter 2 – Chemical Bonding
- Chapter 3 – Acids, Bases, And Salts
- Chapter 4 – Analytical Chemistry: Uses Of Ammonium Hydroxide And Sodium Hydroxide
- Chapter 5 – Mole Concept And Stoichiometry
- Chapter 6 – Electrolysis
- Chapter 7 – Metallurgy
- Chapter 8 – Study Of Compounds: Hydrogen Chloride
- Chapter 9 – Study Of Compounds: Ammonia
- Chapter 10 – Nitric Acid
- Chapter 11 – Sulphuric Acid
- Chapter 12 – Organic Chemistry
Advantages Of ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education, or ICSE, was established in accordance with India’s New Education Policy of 1986. It is a test given by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations also called CISCE, a private organisation that administers exams for general education courses.
- The offered ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Notes are beneficial because they provide all pertinent information for each idea of Organic Chemistry for the students.
- With the help of the ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes, the students may easily learn the chapters.
- ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes are essential to prepare more effectively with conceptual comprehension and perform well on the exam.
- By lowering the level of tension that students experience during preparation, the ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes will aid students in studying more effectively.
- Our knowledgeable subject matter experts write the revision notes provided by Extramarks for ICSE after extensive research, and they include concise summaries of all the important points for the students.
ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Revision Notes: Semester Wise Syllabus
To familiarise the students with the subjects covered by the CISCE syllabus, Extramarks gives you the entire ICSE syllabus for Class 10 Chemistry.
|Semester||Unit Number||Name Of The Unit|
|Semester 1||1.||Periodic Properties And Variations Of Properties (Complete unit)|
|Semester 1||2.||Chemical Bonding (Complete Unit)|
|Semester 1||3.||Study of Acids, Bases, and Salts (Complete Unit)|
|Semester 1||4.||Analytical Chemistry (Complete Unit)|
|Semester 1||5.||Mole Concept And Stoichiometry (Complete Unit)|
|Semester 1||6.||Electrolysis (Complete Unit)|
|Semester 2||7.||Metallurgy (Complete Unit)|
|Semester 2||8.||Study Of Compounds (Complete Unit)|
|Semester 2||9.||Organic Chemistry (Complete Unit)|
About The ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Syllabus
Using the ICSE Class 10 Chemistry syllabus, students can better understand Chemistry concepts and prepare for the next chemistry exam. The ICSE has created a syllabus that details the whole course outline as well as chapter-specific subtopics. Students will also learn the number of periods allotted for each unit and the grades that each topic receives. Students might improve their final exam performance by studying in accordance with the ICSE Chemistry Class 10 syllabus.
Organic Chemistry Class 10 ICSE Revision Notes: Previous Year’s Question Papers and Sample Papers
Students can clearly understand the actual exam paper using the ICSE Chemistry Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers. They will better understand the concepts, be able to assess their performance, and focus on their strong and weak aspects if they complete the Chemistry previous year papers. Students can use these ICSE Chemistry Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers as a testing tool and learn about the key questions from an exam perspective. After finishing the full course, students are urged to solve these Chemistry exam papers from previous years.
Students in Class 10 can benefit from the ICSE Chemistry Class 10 Sample Paper. After completing the curriculum, students should conduct extensive research by working through this sample paper. Students gain self-assurance, experience less stress, and remain interested in their academics as a result. These Chemistry sample papers are well-organised and up to date with the new curriculum. Students can assess their performance level and strengthen their weak areas in each topic by practising the ICSE Chemistry Class 10 sample paper.
Benefits Of Solving Chemistry Class 10 ICSE Revision Notes
In those circumstances, “Revision” can come to the rescue. The value of revision cannot be overstated, particularly in a subject like Chemistry, where it is common for students to struggle to recall the precise formula to answer a certain problem. Let me quickly mention a few things that regular revision notes can help you with before giving you all the links you’ll need for your preparation:
- Increasing self-confidence: The student feels more assured that they have taken all necessary precautions to remember all the crucial information for the exam after finishing their revision. This assurance gives rise to a higher degree of self-assurance.
- Revision allows you to make sure you don’t make such simple mistakes in a subject like chemistry, where a little negative instead of a bonus can completely lead you in the wrong direction.
- Enhances speed: After responding to many questions, students are better able to calculate sums, which also aids in their conceptual understanding. After a number of modification repetitions, both the sums and computation time improved. Presentation abilities: How successfully you present your work is a key component of the Board Exam. Leaving aside the issue of handwriting, frequent editing encourages students to generate work that is more error- and cancellation-free overall.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Which textbook for ICSE Class 10 Chemistry is recommended?
Students should read Together with Chemistry Class X (ICSE Based) (English) 13th Edition (Paperback) by Anshu (Suri) Gulati, Concise Chemistry ICSE Class 10 (Paperback) by Selina Publishers, and Science for 10th Class: Chemistry by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur if they want to succeed academically. Students can use these books to fully comprehend the concepts of the various disciplines, write exam answers, and prepare for practicals.
2. What chapters are there in ICSE Chemistry 10?
There are a total of 12 chapters in Chemistry for Class 10 in the ICSE curriculum. Study of Acids, Bases, and Salts, Analytical Chemistry – Use of Ammonium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide; Mole Concept and Stoichiometry; Electrolysis, Metallurgy; Study of Compounds- Hydrogen Chloride, Study of Compounds- Nitric Acid, Study of Compounds- Sulphuric Acid, Study of Compounds- Organic Chemistry are among the chapters. The ICSE Chemistry Class 10 syllabus is broad, and students need adequate time to understand the topics. Therefore, they should check the chapters covered there before studying for the exam.
3. What is the most effective technique to revise notes?
The following advice is given to students taking the ICSE class 10 exam:
- Because the curriculum is extensive, students should begin revising early because it will assist keep the material fresh in their minds.
- Students should use a timeline to plan their revisions to ensure they don’t forget anything vital.
- It is suggested that the candidates refrain from spending too much time making their notes attractive.
- Students should set up a neat and orderly study area for efficient learning.
- The candidates can mix up their revision sessions by doing things like mixing up different ideas, asking and answering questions, etc.
- In order to remember all formulas and important notes, students can tape them all around their study place so that they keep seeing them and thus make an imprint in their memory.
4. What exactly is ICSE?
The Local Examinations Syndicate of the University of Cambridge founded the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education or ICSE. For the 10th grade, it administers the ICSE Examination, and for the 12th grade, the Indian School Certificate (ISC) Examination. The ICSE board features a broad, in-depth, and thorough course. The Arts, Language, Science, Mathematics, and even Humanities subject streams are all given equal weight by the ICSE Board. The ICSE board’s teaching approach is grounded in the practical application of theoretical ideas and includes more real-life concepts to provide a sufficient understanding of the subject matter.
Additionally, a variety of languages are available for study through the ICSE, including Hindi, English, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, and others.
5. What does it mean to revise your notes?
For students taking the class 10 ICSE boards, revision is a crucial component of the learning process. The revision notes are a recap of the most crucial ideas from the chapter, which will aid students in their revision and help them do better on their exams. The notes are made from questions from previous exams, and the students must memorise them in order to know the correct answers to each question or create flashcards with condensed notes. Extramarks provide student Chemistry Class 10 ICSE Notes so that students are not burdened with the need to make their own notes. They can peruse the Extramarks notes and score well in their exams.