CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2017
Previous Year Science Question Paper for CBSE Class 10 – 2017
Science is a very important subject taught in school, and it plays an important role in our everyday lives. It facilitates us in understanding the world around us and makes it possible for us to invent new ways of living a better life.
Students must study this subject well in their school to develop their innovative thinking skills. It is also a very high-scoring subject and any student can score 100 per cent marks in this subject with adequate reading and practice. They must go through the complete syllabus given in their NCERT Class 10 Science books and then go through the revision notes, and try to solve the questions given at the end of the chapter. They should also follow the NCERT solutions and sample papers to prepare well for their exams. Once they complete the entire course, students must sit and solve the previous years question papers.
Solving the previous year science question paper for CBSE will help students understand the paper pattern, identify the important questions, understand the right way of presenting their answers, develop better handwriting and improve their time management skills. All of these factors play a very crucial role in their performance in the final exams.
Papers from previous years give vital insights into what to expect in the current year’s paper. More specifically, it is often recommended that students should definitely familiarise themselves with the papers of the last five years, if not ten years. This is a foolproof method for students to become comfortable with the paper pattern.
The CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2017 is available for download on Extramarks. Extramarks also provide the CBSE class 10 science question paper 2017 solutions. This will help students cross-check their answers and identify any gaps in their preparation.
CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10 Science
Additionally, you can check out Year on Year CBSE Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers Science
|CBSE Class 10 Science Previous Year Question Papers|
|Sr No.||Question Papers|
|1||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2020|
|2||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2019|
|3||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2018|
|4||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2017|
|5||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2016|
|6||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2015|
|7||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2014|
|8||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2013|
|9||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2012|
|10||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2011|
|11||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2010|
|12||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2009|
|13||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2008|
|14||CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2007|
CBSE Class 10 Science Previous Year Question Paper with Solutions – 2017 – Free PDF Download
The CBSE class 10 science question paper 2017 PDF with solutions is now available for download in a PDF format. This is a boon for students because it gives them access to the question paper well in advance. This way, you can prepare for it accordingly.
Not only that, but the paper also comes with solutions. This is extremely helpful because students can use these solutions to check their answers and gauge their understanding of the concepts. The solutions are detailed and easy to follow. They are also aligned with the latest CBSE Science Syllabus and the content of NCERT books, so students can be sure that they are revising the syllabus in the right direction.
Download this paper today and give yourself a head start in your preparation for the upcoming CBSE Class 10 Science exam!
The CBSE Class 10 Science exam is conducted every year to assess the students’ understanding of the basic concepts of Science. The paper is split, for clarity, into three sections, A, B, and C. The basis for this division is the length of answers expected for each question and the marks allocated to each question of a section.
The CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2017 consists of objective as well as subjective questions. The questions are further divided into three parts: Part A, Part B, and Part C. Part A comprises 10 marks worth of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) or questions requiring one-word answers, Part B has 30 marks worth of short answer questions, and Part C has 40 marks worth of long answer questions.
Why should you solve the CBSE previous year question paper?
Solving the CBSE Previous year question paper can help students prepare well for their exams in the following ways:
- Helps you understand the exam pattern: The CBSE previous year question papers give students a clear idea of the pattern of the exam. This is extremely helpful because it helps students to focus their studies and revision in the right direction.
- Familiarises you with the types of questions asked: Solving previous year papers also familiarise students with the CBSE important question and types of questions that are asked in the exam. This is beneficial because it helps students to be better prepared for the actual exam.
- Helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses: Previous year papers also help students to identify their strengths and weaknesses. This is important because it allows students to focus their studies on the areas where they need improvement.
- Boosts your confidence: Solving CBSE previous year question papers also boosts students’ confidence. This is because as they solve more and more papers, they become more familiar with the pattern of the examination and the types of questions that are asked. This boost in confidence is extremely important on the day of the exam.
- Helps you save time: Another benefit of solving previous year papers is that it helps students to save time. This is because they can use these papers to revise all the important concepts before the exam instead of having to refer to multiple books and resources. Besides these, the CBSE sample papers give further exposure to possible questions based on the CBSE syllabus.
CBSE Science Question Paper 2017 – Free PDF Download
The CBSE Science Question Paper for the year 2017 is available for download. The question paper is authentic and reliable, and it will help you to prepare for the upcoming CBSE Class 10 Science exam in a more effective manner. The Extramarks website ensures that you get access to the question paper well in advance so that you can start your revision early. CBSE revision notes available on the Extramarks website are extremely useful for students to do a quick revision for any CBSE important question or the entire CBSE syllabus. The CBSE sample papers are a good source for CBSE extra questions that can ensure that you are already familiar with most questions that may be asked in the exam.
To download the correct paper, you will need to select the month and year of the exam, as well as your board. After that, proceed to download the paper in PDF format. The paper comes with complete solutions so that you can check your answers and gauge your understanding of the concepts.
The CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2017 is designed according to the CBSE Science Syllabus. This means that you can be sure that you are revising all the important concepts before the exam.
CBSE 2017 Science Question Paper Pattern
The CBSE Science Question Paper is designed according to the latest CBSE Science Syllabus. There is no overall choice in questions provided to examinees. This means that students will have to attempt all the questions in all the sections. The total time assigned for the examination is 3 hours.
The question paper is designed to test the students’ understanding of the concepts. There are 30 questions in the paper, out of which 10 are objective-type questions and 20 are short answer type questions.
Here are some important instructions that you must follow while solving the CBSE Science Question Paper:
- You must attempt all the questions in all the sections.
- The objective type questions carry 1 mark each, while the short answer type questions carry 3 marks each.
CBSE 2017 Science Question Paper Class 10 – Importance of Science
Science helps us to comprehend the world around us better. It also helps us to find solutions to various problems that we face in our daily lives. It helps us to understand how the world works. It also helps us to find new and innovative ways to solve problems. It can improve our quality of life. Science is a process of observing, investigating and experimenting. It helps us to understand the cause and effect of various events that take place in the world around us.
Science helps us to understand the cause and effect of various events that take place in the world around us. Science is a systematic way of studying the natural world. It helps us to understand the physical and chemical processes that take place in the world around us, and reveals the formulas for making further knowledge. It helps find new and innovative ways to solve problems.
Science is one of the five main subjects in CBSE Class 10 and includes a practical component as well. Scoring well in Science is crucial as it helps students to secure a good aggregate score, which is necessary for admission to various colleges and universities. It also is vital for getting the subjects of choice in Class 11. If you wish to be in the Science stream in Class 11, it is essential that you score well in Science and Mathematics. It is likely that schools would put up merit lists based on marks obtained and give the first choice of the stream to those who have scored well.
Hence, Science is an important subject from various perspectives, including improving general intellect and knowledge, gaining the stream of choice for Senior Secondary schooling, and even having access to multiple career choices in the future.
Some important tips while preparing for the CBSE Science Class 10 board examination are as follows:
- Be thorough with the syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost step is to be thoroughly familiar with the syllabus and exam pattern. This will help you plan your studies better and focus on the topics that carry more marks.
- Understand the concepts clearly: It is important that you understand the concepts clearly before attempting to solve the questions. Once you understand the concepts clearly and succinctly, solving the questions will become much easier.
- Practice as many questions as possible: Practice as many questions as possible from previous year papers and sample papers. This will help you to have an idea of the type of questions that are asked in the examination.
- Time management is key: Time management is one of the most important skills that you need to develop while preparing for the examination. Make sure that you attempt all the questions within the allotted time.
- Seek help from experts: If you find yourself struggling with any of the concepts, make sure to seek help from experts. This will ensure that you have a clear understanding of the concepts before attempting the examination.
CBSE Class 10 Science Paper 2017 – Weightage of Marks
The CBSE Class 10 Science paper is distributed into three sections – A, B, and C. Section A contains 10 marks, section B contains 30 marks, and section C contains 40 marks. The total weight of marks that the paper carries is 80 marks.
- Section A: This section consists of objective-type questions. In all, there are a total of 10 questions in this section, and each question carries one mark.
- Section B: This section consists of short answer-type questions. There are a total of 10 questions in this section, and each question carries three marks.
- Section C: This section consists of long answer-type questions. There are a total of 8 questions in this section, and each question carries five marks.
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus Structure With Marking Scheme 2022-2023
The entire science CBSE syllabus is divided into five broad units. The weightage of each unit is as depicted in the table.
|I||Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||25|
|II||World of Living||25|
|IV||Effects of Current||13|
Class 10 Science 2017 Question Paper – Benefits
Solving the CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2017 will help students in a number of ways. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- It will help students to get an idea of the type of questions that are asked in the examination.
- Solving the paper will help students to develop their problem-solving skills.
- Students will be able to identify their strengths and weaknesses after solving the paper.
- It will also help students to develop their time management skills.
- Solving the question paper will also help students to understand the marking scheme of the examination.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How many sections are there in the CBSE Class 10 Science question paper?
There are three sections in the CBSE Class 10 Science question paper – A, B, and C.
2. What is the total weightage of the paper?
The total weightage of the subject is 100 marks. The theory paper itself is of 80 marks.
3. How many questions are present in Section A?
There are, in all, a total of 10 questions in Section A.
4. What is the marking scheme for Section B?
The marking scheme for Section B is 3 marks for each question.
5. What is the time duration of the examination?
The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
6. Where can I get the CBSE Class 10 Science question paper 2017?
You can get the CBSE Class 10 Science question paper 2017 on our website. We have also provided a link to the official website where you can download the question paper.
7. What is the marking scheme for Section C?
The marking scheme for Section C is 5 marks for each question.
8. I am struggling with some of the concepts. Where can I get help from?
If you are finding it difficult to understand any of the concepts, we would advise you to seek help from experts at Extramarks. This will ensure that you have a clear understanding of the concepts before attempting the examination.
9. I am not able to find the question paper on the official website. Where can I get it?
You can get the CBSE Class 10 Science question paper 2017 on the Extramarks website. You can also get authentic solutions to the questions as well.