ISC Important Questions For Class 12 Chemistry
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry
Chemistry is one of the most important topics for students in the science group in ISC Class 12. It enables them to learn in-depth about the elements and compounds that make up atoms and molecules. Students who want to study Chemistry as a core subject for graduation or pursue a career in medicine or engineering should be highly knowledgeable. The experts have created the ISC Class 12 Chemistry Important Questions to aid students in preparing for the ISC Class 12 Chemistry Exam. Please refer to important Chemistry questions to know how to prepare for ISC Chemistry.
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry – Chapter-Wise Questions and Answers
The ISC Class 12 Chemistry syllabus is extensive. Students must practise with a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve high grades in this subject. With so much to learn, the only way to keep everything straight is to revise continuously and regularly, so there is no room for error in the exams.
Extramarks provides students preparing for their Class 12 board exams with access to the entire ISC Chemistry chapter-wise questions PDF prepared by Chemistry professionals.
Click on the following links to view the ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry:
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 1: Solutions
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 2: ElectroChemistry
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 3: Chemical Kinetics
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 4: d and f Block Elements
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 5: Coordination Compounds
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 6: Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 7: Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 8: Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 9: Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry from Chapter 10: Biomolecules
Syllabus for Important Questions for ISC Class 12 Chemistry
The theory paper is 3 hours long and worth 70 points. The syllabus contains ten units divided into three sections:
(A) Physical Chemistry (25 marks)
(B) Inorganic Chemistry (14 marks)
(C) Organic Chemistry (31 marks)
(A) Physical Chemistry
- Raoult’s law of the relative lowering of vapour pressure (first and second), the elevation of the boiling point, solid solutions, the depression of the freezing point, and osmotic pressure.
- When determining solute molecular masses, abnormal molecular mass association, and dissociation, they cannot use the Hoff factor.
- The concentration of solids in liquids. The solubility of gases in liquids. The interaction of liquids.
- The Electrochemical and Electrolytic cells undergo redox reactions.
- The electromotive force (emf) of a cell, as well as the typical electrode potential, are all explained, along with the application of the Nernst equation in chemical cells.
- Conductance of the electrolyte solution, specific, equivalent, and molar conductivity, concentration-dependent variations in conductivity, graphs, and the electrolysis laws of Kohlrausch and Faraday are all examples of corrosion in fuel cells, dry cells, and lead accumulators.
3. Chemicals Kinetics
- Chemical kinetics is the field of study that investigates both slow and fast processes. Response times on average and right away (a graphical representation).
- Surface area, concentration, reactant type, temperature, catalyst, and radiation all have an impact on the reaction rate. Rate law, a specific rate constant, reaction order, and molecularity.
- Half-lives—only applicable to zero- and first-order reactions—integral rate equations, and the concept of collision theory are all examples of rate laws.
- Concepts of threshold and activation energy from Arrhenius’ Formula.
(B) Inorganic Chemistry
1. d and f Block Elements
- Electronic configuration, occurrence, transition metal qualities, and position in the periodic table. In addition, the metallic character, ionisation enthalpy, oxidation states, ionic radii, and ion colour of the 3d-series transition metal properties.
- Actinoids and lanthanoids
2. Compounds of Coordination
- Definition of coordination compounds / complex compounds, differences with a double salt, study of ligands – mono-, bi-, tri, tetra-, penta-, hexa- and polydentate, chelating ligands, definition of coordination number, its calculation for a complex coordination sphere, study of oxidation state of an element in a complex, its calculation, IUPAC rules of nomenclature of coordination compounds.
3. Isomerism is both structural and stereotypical
- Bonding, Werner’s theory, VBT, and CFT are all concepts. Colour, magnetic properties, and shapes help understand the significance of coordination compounds.
(C) Organic Chemistry
1. Haloarenes and Haloalkanes
- Haloalkanes’ nomenclature, classification, and general formula are discussed in this section. The physical and chemical properties, the operation of substitution processes, and optical rotation of the C-X bonds are also highlighted in this section
- The basic idea, the C-X bond’s nature, and substitution reactions about haloarenes
- Uses and effects on the environment of DDT, iodine, freons, tetrachloromethane, and trichloromethane
2. Ethers, Phenols, and Alcohols
- Classification, general structure, and nomenclature of alcoholic beverages Identification of primary, secondary, and tertiary alcohols, synthesis methods, chemical and physical characteristics (only for primary alcohols), and uses, with an emphasis on methanol and ethanol.
- Methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties, electrophilic substitution reactions, the acidic nature of phenol, and applications for phenols are all discussed. Nomenclature and classification of phenols.
3. Aldehydes, ketones, and carboxylic acids
- Ketones and aldehydes: Nomenclature, structure of methods of preparation of aldehydes and ketones, physical and chemical properties, mechanism of nucleophilic addition, reactivity of alpha hydrogen in aldehydes and uses.
- Carboxylic Acids: Carboxylic group classification, general formula, and structure Names, acidic nature, manufacturing methods, chemical and physical properties, and applications.
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen Aliphatic Amines: Amino group structure and nomenclature, as well as their definition and classification.
- Amines: primary, secondary, and tertiary methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties, applications, and identification.
- Synthesis, chemical processes, and applications of diazonium salts in synthetic organic chemistry
- Examples of monosaccharides (aldose and ketose), oligosaccharides (di, tri, and tetra- saccharides), and polysaccharides (polysaccharides) are included in the definition and classification of carbohydrates.
- Examples and applications of reducing and non-reducing sugars are also included. Proteins are the fundamental components of proteins. Proteins, peptide bonds, amino acids, polypeptides, protein structure (qualitative idea only), primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structures, protein denaturation enzymes, and hormones are basic topics.
Tips to Solve the ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry
- The questions have been arranged by chapter to make it simple for students to locate the individual files from the list. To obtain improved results, they can download and incorporate these inquiries into their practice.
- The questions are accompanied by precise solutions designed by professionals using stepwise methods. It will help you focus on applying the concepts taught in specific chapters. As a result, practising these questions will assist you in expanding your knowledge and solidifying your conceptual foundation for the Class 12 Chemistry chapters.
Benefits of Solving Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry
Students can prepare for the exam by consulting the ISC Class 12 Chemistry Important Questions. Other study materials from Extramarks include ICSE sample question papers, ICSE Important questions, ICSE revision notes, and ICSE question papers. Extramarks provides complete information and updates about examinations and ISC & ICSE Syllabus.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I find ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry?
Extramarks offers students the best preparation notes and ISC Class 12 Chemistry Important Questions that serve as a solid foundation. It covers all the fundamental concepts of Chemistry through mind maps and labelled diagrams. The solutions provided by Extramarks’ expert team are written in simple, simple language for the benefit of students.
2. How to prepare for the ISC Chemistry board exam?
Students are advised to study their course books thoroughly. From the Extramarks website, they should use the ISC Chemistry syllabus, use our reliable preparation notes, ISC Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry to enhance learning as well as for getting better scores in their exams. Students should practise as many past tests papers as they can. Students should always time their tests, like they will have to do in the real examinations. This will help students improve their speed and ensure no missed questions. Students should always be careful to write the key points of their answers and draw labelled diagrams as needed.