JEE Main Admit Card
The admit card is the hall ticket for the JEE Main examination hall. You must present your admit card before getting seated for the exam. Candidates who have fully completed the application form can only download the JEE Main admit card. The details will be available on NTA’s official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in) generally a week before the scheduled examination.
All candidates should regularly check the official NTA website for upcoming notifications and updates about the JEE Main exam. Students can also visit our Extramarks website to stay informed. We have all exam-related information, including JEE Main exam dates, JEE Main eligibility criteria, JEE Main exam pattern, JEE Main application form, JEE Main syllabus, etc.
Introduction to the Exam
JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) Main Examination is a national-level entrance examination conducted by NTA in India for admission to various undergraduate courses for engineering and architecture colleges. Students qualifying for this test are also eligible to sit for JEE Advanced test and finally make it to the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). Students who have passed their twelfth board exams can appear for the JEE main exam.
The JEE main examination has two papers.
- Paper I – for gaining admission to B.Tech / B.E. courses
- Paper-II – for B. Planning and B. Arch courses.
The JEE Main exam paper has a fixed format. Candidates must attempt 20 multiple choice questions for each subject and 5 out of 10 numerical questions. In addition, those appearing for B. Arch or B. Planning must try additional aptitude tests and planning-based objective questions.
Why is the JEE Main Admit Card important?
Without the admit card, you can’t appear for the exam. The JEE Main Admit Card is provided by the National Testing Agency (NTA) at least a week before the exam date. In 2023, the exams are to be conducted in April and May. The registration for the JEE Main starts by the end of February 2023. The release date of the application form gets updated on the official website of NTA. Therefore, candidates should always refer to the official website to get up-to-date and correct information. Once the application form is filled and approved, one can download the JEE Main Admit Card from the NTA Portal.
Steps to download JEE Mains Admit Card 2023
The procedure to download the admit card is as highlighted below.
Step 1: Visit the official NTA website, www.jeemain.nic.in.
Step 2: In the appropriate boxes, enter the application number, security pin, and date of birth.
Step 3: If the given information is correct, the JEE Main Admit Card will be available for download.
Step 4: Download and print the JEE Main Admit Card 2023 when it becomes available.
Step 5: Make a copy and save the downloaded admit card for future use.
What happens if one is unable to download the JEE Main Admit Card?
After completing the application process, you should download the JEE Main Admit Card without any problem. However, the admit card may not be available for download in some cases. There is no need to panic because NTA will help you in these circumstances. You can avail of the customer support offered by the NTA by dialling 011-6927700 or 011-40759000. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also go to the NTA office at C-20 1A/8, Sector 62, IITK outreach centre, Noida 201309.
JEE Main 2023 Admit Card Updates
Since the sessions for 2023 will be conducted in April and March, the admit card is not yet available.
|Events||Date of Release|
|JEE Main Session April admit card release date||Yet to be released|
|JEE Main session May admit card release date||Yet to be released|
Details Mentioned in JEE Main Admit Card
The JEE Main Admit Card 2023 contains all the information of the candidate. Once the JEE Main Admit Card is downloaded, you must immediately check whether all the information provided on the card is correct. The information available on the JEE Main 2023 Admit Card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Unique Application number
- Roll number of the candidate
- Name of the course
- Name of the father
- Gender of the candidate
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Test centre city
- Test centre code
- Date of exam
- Time of exam
- Reporting time for exam
Documents required in the examination centre along with the admit card.
Apart from the JEE Main Admit Card, candidates appearing for the JEE Main examination must bring along important documents for submitting proof.
- Printed JEE Main Admit Card.
- Passport-sized photo of the candidate. You must paste this photo on the attendance sheet to mark that you are present for the exam.
- A valid and active identity proof – some standard documents accepted as proof are a PAN card, driving licence, Aadhaar card, voter id, and passport. You can also submit an Aadhaar enrolment sheet if you have not received the Aadhaar yet.
- Self-declaration form from the NTA website due to COVID-19 protocol
- PwD certificate for candidates with disabilities.
Important points to remember for JEE Admit Card 2023
The JEE Main Admit Card will be provided separately for each session. NTA won’t send the admit card by post; hence it has to be downloaded online through the official website.
You won’t get the admit card if you provide the wrong information in the application form. You must carry the admit card to the exam centre without fail, failing which the examiners will deny entry to the exam centre.
Forgotten Password / Forgotten JEE Main Application Number
Even though you take precautionary measures to fill out the correct application number and name, you might forget the password or the application number, which are unique identifiers. But, again, there is no need to panic because it is possible to recover your admit card.
- Go to www.jeemain.nic.in/jeemainapp/root/loginpage.aspx
- Select forgot my application number or forgot my password.
Upon clicking submit, one is given three options to recover the lost application number or password.
- Answering security questions during the registration process
- Verification code sent to the mobile number registered during application
- Reset link sent to the email address registered during application
Once this step is completed, you can retrieve the application number by providing further information concerning the application form:
- Name of the candidate
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- State of eligibility
- Date of birth
- Security PIN
After recovering the application number of the password, the JEE Main Admit Card can be downloaded again. You can’t discard the admit card after you complete the examination. This card is necessary during counselling too. So, you must keep your JEE Main Admit Card in a safe place until the end of the admission process.
Do’s and Don’ts for the JEE Main exam
The JEE Main exam is a professional exam conducted for future professionals. Therefore, certain decorum is expected from the candidates appearing for the exam. Consequently, you need to know what is expected to give your exams peacefully.
- Take the admit card and necessary documents such as photo and id proof.
- Appear early at the exam venue so that you can relax for a while.
- Listen to the information and rules and follow those at the exam hall.
- Don’t forget to carry the admit card on the examination date. Otherwise, you won’t be allowed to appear for the exam
- Don’t carry any kind of electronics into the exam hall. All sorts of electronic items are prohibited.
- Don’t wear accessories that make you suspicious.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. I have forgotten my photo ID. Can I appear for the exam?
No. You will be denied permission to sit for the exam without a photo ID. In addition, you can’t appear for the exam just by carrying the JEE Main Admit Card.
2. What may happen if one loses the JEE Main Admit Card?
You will be denied entry into the exam hall without the admit card. However, you can always go to the office NTA website and download the JEE Main Admit Card again by providing an account number and password.
3. Will there be any guidelines mentioned in the JEE Main 2023 Admit Card?
The JEE Main Admit Card (exam hall ticket) comes with a printed set of instructions and a code of conduct to follow at the exam centre. Apart from that, Covid 19 guidelines and information will also be published.
4. How do I know the date of the exam?
Information about the exam date and the exam session will be printed clearly on the JEE Main Admit Card. Therefore, you should study accordingly to give your best shot at the exam.