JEE Main Application Form 2023
JEE Main 2023 Application Form
JEE Main 2023 dates have been announced by NTA (National Talent Academy) on their official website jeemain.nta.nic.in. The JEE Main 2023 application and registration will officially begin on Mar 10, 2023. Considering the Covid-19 restrictions, the NTA authorities have made a significant change for the 2023 JEE Exam. They have decided to conduct JEE Main 2023 in 2 attempts instead of the earlier process of 4 attempts. The JEE Main 2023 exam is planned for April and May.
Candidates will be able to download this year’s JEE Main information brochure and the application form from NTA’s official website. The detailed process about how to apply, eligibility criteria, application fee payment, etc., are covered at length in this article.
Please browse our website for more details for JEE Main 2023. We have covered details about JEE Main eligibility criteria, JEE Main exam dates, JEE Main exam pattern, JEE Main syllabus etc. Also, find answers to common queries and keep yourself posted about essential updates of JEE Main 2023.
Introduction to JEE Main Examination 2023
The JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is an All-India entrance examination for engineering students. Candidates who wish to pursue seats in IITs, NITs, and other government and private engineering colleges in India must appear for the JEE exam.
The JEE Main entrance exam is considered one of the most challenging and toughest exams. Cracking this entrance examination requires arduous work and determination. Every year, hundreds of thousands of students appear for this examination and try their luck to clear JEE Main and enter their favourite engineering and architecture colleges.
The Extramarks team has put together a lot of resources that will help students prepare well for this competitive exam. Students can check out JEE Main question papers, JEE Advanced question papers, JEE Main sample papers, JEE Main revision notes and solve the JEE Main mock tests to get an edge for their preparation.
JEE Main Application Form 2023
To appear for the JEE Main exams, students should enrol themselves by filling out the JEE Main application form. The application form process would include filling in the online registration form, providing all personal information and other details, uploading required documents and images, and paying the application fee. Candidates who successfully fill out this online application before the stipulated deadline will be issued the JEE Main admit card. Candidates should regularly check JEE Main website for updates and notifications on JEE Main exams.
JEE Main Application Form 2023 Highlights
JEE Main Application form is released on the official web portal jeemain.nta.nic.in.
|Particulars||JEE Main Application form Details|
|JEE Full-Form||Joint Entrance Exam|
|Mode of availability||Only online (computer-based)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|JEE Main Official website||jeemain.nta.nic.in|
|JEE Main 2023 Exam Date||April session – April 2023
May session – May 2023
|JEE 2023 Application fees||
JEE Main Registration Date 2023
The table below highlights the key events in chronological order for JEE Main 2023.
JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates – Session 1 (April 2023)
|Events||JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates – Session 1 (April)|
|Release of Notification||4th week of February 2023|
|Starting of the Registration process||4th week of February 2023|
|Last date of form submission||2nd week of March 2023|
|Application Correction||3rd week of March 2023|
|Admit card availability||4th week of March 2023|
|JEE Main Exam Date||April 2023|
|Release of Answer key||4th week of April 2023|
|Result Declaration date||1st week of May 2023|
|Counselling||4th week of May 2023|
JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates – Session 2 (May 2023)
|Events||JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates – Session 2 (May)|
|Release of Notification||4th week of March 2023|
|Starting of the Registration process||4th week of March 2023|
|Last date of form submission||2nd week of April 2023|
|Application Correction||3rd week of April 2023|
|Admit card availability||4th week of April 2023|
|JEE Main Exam Date||May 2023|
|Release of Answer key||4th week of May 2023|
|Result Declaration date||1st week of June 2023|
|Counselling||4th week of June 2023|
JEE Main aspirants must keep a tab on the JEE Main 2023 application form date to avoid missing the deadlines. As the exam dates approach, students should focus on solving all JEE Main Question Papers, JEE Advanced Question Papers, JEE Main Sample Papers, and practising the JEE Main mock test papers.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to give the JEE Main examinations should meet the JEE Main eligibility criteria before filling out the registration form. Students who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be able to appear for the exam. It is advised for candidates to check the requirements.
1. Age Limit
Candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main 2023 must have completed 17 years of age. There is no specified upper age limit for Joint entrance examinations.
2. Required Educational Qualification
Candidates who have passed their class 12 exam or equivalent exam in 2021 or 2023 (with Maths, Physics, Chemistry as the three main subjects) can fill out the JEE Main application form and take the examination. Students should secure the minimum qualifying score.
Steps to Apply for JEE Main Application Form
For filling out the JEE Main application form, candidates should make sure that they possess the following documents.
JEE Main Application Form- Documents Required
Students should submit the following documents while filling out the JEE Main application form.
- Scanned images of photographs and signatures.
- Reserved category certificates.
- Internet banking details for application fee payment of Joint entrance examinations (JEE) Main.
- Address identity proof such as Aadhaar, Bank passbook, Ration card copy, etc.
JEE Main Application Form 2023 – Required Image Size
The JEE Main photo size and signature are released with the official brochure on the official portal of NTA. Candidates have to upload a JPG or JPEG version of the photograph and signature by filling out the JEE Main application form. Students are instructed to upload high-quality scanned photos and signatures. Photos not meeting the proper size would not be accepted.
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||10kb – 200kb|
Step 1. Visit the official web portal of NTA JEE Main 2023 – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Enter details like name, mobile number, and email address. Students should make sure that they enter valid email id and mobile numbers when filling out the JEE Main application form. Candidates will receive messages and updates on the number.
Step 2. Create an account and password
To fill out the application form, candidates should create a password of their choice and log in to their accounts. As the password will be used for future login and should not be misplaced by the candidate.
Step 3. Fill in all details
Fill in your personal plus educational details and upload scanned images of your photograph and signature in JEE Main application form. The size and file format should be according to the instructions mentioned by NTA.
Step 4. Payment of IIT JEE 2023 application fees
This is the last step while filling out the JEE Main application form. After completing the above steps, candidates will be redirected to the payment page. The Joint entrance examinations (JEE) application fee is different as per the gender and category of the candidates. Fees have to be paid through online methods like UPI, debit cards, or net banking. The successful payment message will be sent on the candidate’s mobile number and email ID.
Step 5. Download acknowledgment
Upon successful payment of the application fee for JEE Main 2023, the screen will be redirected, and a “successfully submitted form” will appear. You will get the form printout only once the form is submitted. The candidate will receive mail from the Joint entrance examinations (JEE) office on the mentioned email id.
JEE Main 2023 Application Fee For Exam Centres in India
The application fee is paid via online methods such as net banking, debit card, or UPI. Along with the exam fee, service charges per transaction, and 18% GST will also be applicable.
|Courses||JEE Main application form fee for General/OBC/EWS||JEE Main Application form fee for SC/ST/PWD/Transgender|
|For Paper 1 and Paper 2: BE./BTech or BArch or B.Planning||Rs 650||Rs 325||For All- Rs 325|
|BE./BTech & BArch
BE./BTech & BPlanning
BE./BTech, BArch & BPlanning
BArch & BPlanning
|Rs 1300||Rs 650||For All- Rs 650|
JEE Main 2023 Registration fee for Exam Centres Abroad
|Courses||JEE Main Application form fee for General/OBC/EWS||JEE Main Application form fee for SC/ST/PWD/Transgender|
|For Paper 1 and Paper 2: BE./BTech or BArch or B.Planning||Rs 3000||Rs 1500||For All- Rs 1500|
|BE./BTech & BArch
BE./BTech & BPlanning
BE./BTech, BArch & BPlanning
BArch & BPlanning
|Rs 6000||Rs 3000||For All- Rs 3000|
How to Check the Status of JEE Main 2023 Application Form
Candidates can check the status of JEE Main application form upon successful submission. The following ways can be followed:
- Candidates receive messages on the email address and number given while filling out the form.
- Candidates can log in to their portal using their password and application number. The application status and application fee status will be displayed on the screen.
JEE Main 2023 Registration – How to Retrieve Lost Application Number /Password
Candidates should note that your password is very important and is an important resource to open your account to fill out the JEE Main application form. It is advised for students to write down the application number and password safely so that they do not forget them. If you cannot remember your JEE Main application form password, follow the steps below to find it.
Use security questions
- Visit the official web portal
- Search for the candidate login window.
- Fill out the JEE Main application form
- Click on ‘Only Registered Candidates Sign In’
- Beneath the ‘Sign in’ option, search for the ‘Forgot password’ option. Click on it.
- ‘Options to reset your password will appear on a new page
- Choose the ‘Security Question’ Option.
- Enter your application number. And the question you had selected earlier while filling out the JEE Main application form. Answer the question and insert the security pin.
- Click Submit.
- You can now change your Joint entrance examinations (JEE) Main password.
2. Verification Code or Email
- On the official website, search for the candidate login window
- Fill out the JEE Main application form and click on the ‘Only Registered Candidates Sign In’ option.
- Beneath the ‘Sign in’ option, click on ‘Forgot Password
- Choose the ‘Verification Code’ or ‘Reset link via Email’ option from the options available for resetting the password.
- Provide the application number, birth date, security pin, and other personal details.
- Click submit.
- Your password will be retrieved. You also get the option to change your JEE Main password.
Problems in Filling the JEE 2023 Application Form
Candidates encounter certain problems while filling out the Joint entrance examinations JEE Main application form. They can check these quick solutions to common problems.
- Uploading images: Many students face this issue while filling out the JEE Main application form. This is because the images should be as per the instructions given by the NTA.
- Students should resize the image or visit the cyber cafe to resize the image. Candidates should also keep scanned images in specific formats and sizes.
- Payment of application fee: Online payment is safe and easy, yet many students face this issue. Usually, money is deposited from the bank, but the JEE Main application form shows unsuccessful payment. In rare cases, money is deducted twice. To solve all these issues, students should contact the help desk or write a mail immediately to get the solution to all the problems they face while filling out the JEE Main application form.
- The problem in submitting the form: This usually occurs due to a network issue. Candidates are advised to ensure that they have robust internet connectivity while filling out the JEE Main application form.
JEE Main 2023 Registration Form – Important Points to Remember
- Candidates are instructed to fill out the JEE Main application form well in advance to avoid last-minute rush and issues. No other applications will be accepted after the last date mentioned for form filling.
- Before filling out the form, students should read the entire JEE Main brochure available to the official NTA website to ensure the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
- Students should fill in the valid and correct information in the JEE Main application form. In case of any missing details or discrepancies, the application form will be rejected.
- Candidates should download and print the JEE Main application form after submitting it and keep it with them as proof till the admission process is completed.
- Candidates should ensure that the documents uploaded are scanned and as per the prescribed format.
- In case of any correction, candidates should contact the helpline as soon as possible to avoid any delay.
JEE 2023 Application Form Correction
The NTA will also open the JEE Main application form correction facility after completing the registration process. Students who have to modify incorrect information or have defects in uploaded images can edit/modify their details using this facility. Students will have to log in using their application number and password to avail this correction facility. An additional fee will also be charged towards modifying specific details in their JEE Main application form. It is to be noted that certain details will not be open for modification. Below is the list of information that the aspirants can modify.
- Personal details: this includes spelling mistakes in the candidate’s name, parent’s name, address details, date of birth, etc. can be corrected.
- Academic details: Scores, school details, qualifying details, and passing years can be corrected.
- Paper change: Choice from paper 1 to 2 or vice versa.
- Exam Centres: Students can change their choice of exam centers
- Language: Students can change their preferred language.
- Category: Students can change their category from general to reserved (fees will not be refunded) or reserved to general (extra fees to be paid).
Filled JEE Main application form, now what?
After students have filled out the application form, they can download a copy for future use. Candidates can change those details in case of any mistakes during the JEE Main correction facility. Once it is submitted correctly, students will be able to download the JEE Main admit card from the official web portal. Candidates can also prepare for the JEE examination by downloading the JEE Main mock tests, JEE Main sample papers, JEE revision notes, and other JEE Advanced question papers.
JEE Main 2023 Admit Card
The NTA will release the Admit Card, 15 days before the date of the examination. Admit cards can be downloaded online from the official website of JEE. The Admit card carries details about the date and time of the exam, exam center information, and the candidate’s info like name, image, signature, and subjects of paper for which the candidate has selected to appear. Details about the JEE Main entrance examination exam and instructions for COVID-19 may also be mentioned on the admit card. Any mistakes or discrepancies on the admit card should be notified to the NTA as soon as possible.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are the documents required for JEE Main Application Form for 2023?
Candidates should have the following documents for filling out the JEE Main application form.
- Photograph in JPG/ JPEG format
- Signature in JPG/ JPEG format
- Aadhar card
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheet
- Reserved Caste Certificate
- Passport (NRI residents)
- Domicile Certificate
- Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI
Document Required by Foreign Candidates
- Birth Certificate
- Class 12 certificate
- ID proof
- Citizenship proof of respective country/passport
2. Who can fill out the JEE Main Application form?
Candidates who have cleared their Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects can fill out the JEE Main application form. Students who do not meet JEE Main eligibility criteria for JEE Main admission will not be considered. Therefore, they must check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
3. I have studied at NIOS. Can I fill in the JEE Main 2023 application form?
Yes. Candidates who have studied at the NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) in the same academic year can apply for the JEE Main examination. Such students must have the address of the study centre instead of school details in the academic section of the application form. Even the Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination students can appear for JEE Main entrance examinations with NIOS.
4. If I don't have 75% in my class 12, can I fill out the JEE Main application form for 2023?
Students who want to appear in technical or engineering colleges must give the JEE examination. The criteria of minimum percentage must be fulfilled. Students must secure 75% or more in Class 12th or be in the top 20 percentile conducted by respective boards according to the eligibility guidelines given by the NTA.
5. Will the authorities accept photographs without the name and date?
It is better to have photographs with names and dates as specified by NTA. However, the ones without it will still be acceptable.
6. What are the eligibility criteria for an EWS candidate to apply for JEE Main 2023?
There are no special eligibility criteria for EWS candidates. The criteria mentioned for the students belonging to the general category will also apply to the EWS candidates. These students benefit from lower JEE Main application fees and JEE Main cutoff during JEE Main Counselling. Students should ensure they have the reserved category certificate issued by concerned authorities as proof.
7. If I am appearing for an improvement exam this year, what should I fill in the year of passing and roll no?
Students appearing for an improvement exam this year should fill the year of passing as the year of the first attempt, and the roll no will also be the same as the year of the passing of the first attempt. These details are crucial as they will be considered for future admissions.
8. In case the transaction fails while paying the JEE Main application fee, what needs to be done?
The application fee for the JEE exam is to be paid via online methods such as net banking, debit card, or UPI. Along with the fee, processing charges per transaction and GST of 18% will also be applicable. If the transaction fails, candidates are advised to refresh the page and pay the application fee again. If the amount is deducted twice, the failed transaction amount will be refunded to your bank account within seven working days.
9. Can candidates apply for only one session or more than one session together?
The candidate can apply for each attempt individually using the same application form. If a candidate has applied for the first attempt (January), the generated application number and password can be used again during the registration window for the second attempt (April). If a candidate has not registered for the first attempt, he/she can still register for the second attempt. Candidates cannot register for both attempts at the same time as both sessions take place in a period of 3 months.
A candidate should also be aware that in a single attempt there are multiple slots and days on which the exam is conducted. JEE does not allow a candidate to select the slot and dates. The day and time of the examination comes with the release of the admit card and a candidate cannot make any changes over there.
10. Can I change/ correct my particulars and the examination center in the application?
Candidates can change or correct their details in the portal within the given time window (March 14). Some changes can be made without any cost, while for some, extra payment will be necessary, depending on the information. Students, however, cannot change their examination center.
11. Which scanned images must be uploaded to the application form?
Candidates need to upload scanned images of their Photograph, and Signature to the application form.
12. What is the last date of JEE Main registration?
For JEE Main 2023, the last date for registration was March 12, 2023.