NCERT Solutions Class 5 Maths Chapter 3
NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 – How Many Squares
Maths is an important subject for Class 5 students. If understood and practiced well, students can even score full marks in the exams. However, if any topic remains unclear, the confusions continue in the long term, and even in higher classes also.
Chapter 3 is all about the identification of squares and similar geometric shapes. Students will learn to measure the side, area, and perimeter of squares, rectangles, and triangles. Although students are introduced to shapes at the start of primary school, Class 5 teaches them how to measure a shape and a few more concepts.
For a clearer understanding of this chapter, Extramarks offers NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3. The solutions have answers to all the NCERT textbook exercise questions to help students with their homework and exam preparation.
NCERT Solutions Class 5 Maths Other Related Chapters
NCERT Solutions Class 5 Maths Chapter 3
Chapter 3 Class 5 Maths includes a detailed study of geometric shapes. This chapter involves descriptions and practices of different figures such as squares, rectangles, and triangles. The NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 can help students solve exercise questions quickly and accurately. These solutions are also great for parents who want assistance while helping their children in their studies.
The first question of Mathematics, Class 5 Chapter 3 involves measuring the sides of the square provided on a dotted sheet. The given size is 1cm. Also, in this question, students are asked to draw as many rectangles as possible by using 12 squares.
The answer to this question is 7. It means 7 rectangles can be made using 12 squares, each having a side of 1cm.
Upon solving question 2, students will be able to identify the shortest and longest parameters of the rectangles created from 12 squares, each having a side equal to 1 cm.
Question No. 3 consists of 4 sub-questions. All of these sub-questions are related to stamps.
- These let students determine the number of squares of side both stamp A and Stamp B cover.
- These sub-questions help students to answer questions such as finding the biggest area between two stamps, which is A, and determining the number of squares of side 1 on stamp A. Students have to find out the area of stamp A by multiplying the length and breadth.
- The sub-questions require students to find out the same area stamps (D and F), and also the area of these two stamps.
- In this section, there are two questions. In this first one, students have to find out the area of the smallest stamp. In the second question, they have to find out the difference between the smallest and biggest area, which can be derived by subtracting them.
There are 5 sub-questions in this question which let students look at the various objects. Sub-questions ‘a’ and ‘b’ let students find the biggest and smallest areas. Sub-question ‘c’ asks students if the area of the Rs 10 note is more significant than 100 square cm. Sub-question ‘d’ asks students if the area provided is bigger than yellow, along with the reason. Likewise, ‘e’ asks students if the parameters of the blue shape are more than the yellow shape. The reasons for the answers should also be provided.
In question 5, the students must find out the area of 6 shapes in square cm. Among the provided shapes, one is a triangle, one is a square, and the others include complete, half, and quarter squares.
In this question, students need to find out the area of the blue triangle in square cm. The condition provided is that the area of the blue triangle is just half of the big rectangle, which is 20 square cm. Therefore the answer comes out to be 10 square cm.
A picture is provided in this question with two halves of two different rectangles. In this question, students need to find the area of the two rectangles and the given red triangle.
This question demands good concentration as students need to focus on the question step by step. It asks students to identify if the area of the half-drawn shape completed later meets the measurement of 10 square cm. After solving the 2nd sub-question, students will be able to answer how the area of the green and yellow geometric shapes are 4 and 6 square cm, respectively.
What are the benefits of NCERT Maths Class 5 Chapter 3 Solutions?
There are many benefits of using NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3. To have a strong foundation at an early age, it is important for students to understand the different geometric shapes and how to find out their area. Solving practice questions given at the end of the chapter can help students in understanding the concepts and clarifying the confusion. This is where referring to NCERT Maths Class 5 Chapter 3 Solutions could be a wonderful idea for students. The solutions have accurate answers with step-by-step explanations to NCERT textbook questions. These will immensely help students in preparing for their tests and scoring high marks in the final exams.
Benefits of NCERT Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 Solutions are Numerous
- ·The answers in NCERT solutions are explained in detail, which gives students an idea of how to attempt a question in the final exams in the right manner.
- As expert subject specialists prepare these NCERT solutions, they ensure that solutions are comprehensive and in lined with the latest CBSE guidelines.
- The solutions can be referred to for last minute preparation.
- The solutions are written in simple language so that students do not have any difficulty in understanding the answers.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How to get the NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3?
Students can access the NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 on the website or app of Extramarks.
2. What are the benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3?
The solutions are prepared by our experts as per the guidelines provided by the CBSE. Experienced subject teachers have crafted these files so that students can understand and clear their basics, which will help them in their advanced classes.
3. How is Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 crucial for students?
Class 5 Maths Chapter 3- How many squares is an essential chapter for students of Class 5 as it lets students recognize some basic geometric shapes for the first time and also determine their areas. This chapter includes various tricky questions that allow students to have a conceptual knowledge of the topic.
4. How to practice Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 questions?
To practice the Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 questions, students can download the NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Maths Chapter 3 from our website and practice the exercises in the comfort of their homes. Students can have detailed answers to the questions given in their textbook and conveniently clear all their doubts through them.