Up Board Class 10 Syllabus
UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus
The most recent Class 10 UP Board Syllabus published by the Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad. (UPMSP) is available for download. Before the students begin their preparation, they should have a clear understanding of the syllabus. . So, if you want to do well on the exam, you must get the UP Board 2023 Syllabus Class 10 first. Our in-house highly qualified and experienced subject experts have thoroughly examined the syllabus according to the latest exam pattern. The Class 10 syllabus for the Uttar Pradesh Board is offered here to assist you to take note of the crucial topics in which you excel and prepare accordingly.
Students must develop an effective strategy and get well-versed in the UP Board 10 Syllabus and also browse through the marks distribution. It helps them to know which topics to pay more attention to and not so important topics. Students can plan and allocate time to study and revise for the UPMSP Syllabus Class 10 in 2022 with the help of the Class 10 syllabus for the current year.
UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus Links
Extramarks believes in incorporating joyful learning experiences through its own repository.The following are the links to subject-wise UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus:
- UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus English
- UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus Maths
- UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus Social Science
- UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus Science
UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus Subject wise
While studying for board exams, students are advised to review the UP Board Syllabus for Class 10 subject-wise. For further information on the updated UP Board Class 10 syllabus for all topics for 2023, check the tables given below.
UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus for Maths
Given below is a list of the 10th UP Mathematics syllabus and marks distribution. Because this subject will help them to get to know the syllabus and to score well, students should prepare well. Scoring a high percentage of marks is not difficult. You just require the right strategies, complete syllabus, understanding of the concepts and distribution of marks to crack the exams with ease and set your bench mark.
|7||Statistics and Probability||10|
UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus for Science
Science is an all-encompassing topic that uses experiments and observational abilities to analyse the behaviour and structure of the physical and biological universe. In order to understand this subject with conceptual clarity and answer any question easily. It requires consistent revision and regular study. This encourages the students to master the topic and increases their confidence in achieving a higher grade.
To prepare thoroughly, glance over the topics based on how the marks are distributed. Students should be able to glance through the syllabus quickly The Class 10 Science syllabus for the UP board, along with the distribution of marks, is shown in the table given below:
|Chemical substances: Nature and Behaviour||
|World of living||
|Practicals and projects||30 marks|
UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus for English
The following table showcases all the topics that would be covered under the Class 10 English syllabus. Here, the allocation of marks among the various sections is also provided.
|Section A- Reading||10 marks|
|Three multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and one vocabulary-based question are both followed by a short paragraph.||3+3 = 6, 2+2 = 4|
|Section B – Writing||10 marks|
|Application / Letter writing||4 marks|
|Report /articles based on clues/ descriptive paragraph||6 marks|
|Section C – Grammar||15 marks|
|Five multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on parts of speech, tenses, articles, sentence rearranging, spelling, and three very short answer questions on narrative voice and punctuation were also included.||5*1 = 5
3*2 = 6
|A short passage in Hindi to be translated into English||4 marks|
|Section D- Literature||35 marks|
|Two short answer questions based on a prose passage||2+2=4|
|One long answer question||4 marks|
|Two short answer questions||2+2=4 marks|
|Three very short match type/vocabulary-based questions||1*3= 3 marks|
|Two short answer questions based on poetry extract||2 marks|
|Four lines from any poem prescribed in the syllabus
The central idea of any one of the given poems
One short answer type question based on poetry lessons
|Supplementary reader||12 marks|
|One short answer question||3 marks|
|One long answer question||4 marks|
|Five multiple choice questions||1*5=5|
UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus for Social Science
The Social Science exam will be of 70 marks, and the time duration is three hours to complete. Three sections make up this subject: History, Civics, Geography and Economics.
|1||India and the Contemporary world- 2 (History)||20|
|2||Contemporary India- 2 (Geography)||20|
|3||Democratic Politics- 2 (Civics)||15|
|4||Understanding of Economic Development (Economics)||15|
How to prepare for exams using UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus
- Look up the UP Board timetable for 2023, then make a well-laid-out balanced study plan and stick to it. No compromises. Because the will to persevere will be extremely beneficial.
- After studying all the topics from the UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus, students must practise the UP Board Class 10 sample papers, and past year question papers to prepare for the exams.
- The NCERT books must be used as a primary resource when preparing for the UP board exam because the majority of the questions in the exams are taken from these books.
- For easy practice, write down answers and take tests to assess your performance. . Then, review your notes to ensure that you still remember them.
- Get plenty of practice if you want to get an edge over your peers in UP Board 10th result in 2023 to stay ahead of the competition.
Do’s and Don’ts for UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus
- Avoid studying late at night because you won’t get much done if you’re sleepy and inactive. If possible, study during the day and get a sound sleep at night.
- To keep your mind sharp, study in short bursts of 25 to 30 minutes or maybe an hour or so, followed by a 5 to 10-minute break. Get back to your study table as quickly as you left. .
- While studying, avoid using headphones or listening to music and even bingeing fast food because these activities will distract you and you won’t be able to focus.
- Create flashcards and put them close to where you study.
- Stay away from social media, that’s the major distraction. When you get down to deep work make sure you turn off your phone, gaming, and social media, so that you can completely focus on your studies and get optimum results. .
- Last but not least, when you have the complete syllabus along with marks distribution besides the ebook and the solutions, every student can learn and grasp with clear understanding and score well in their examinations.
- In case you need any assistance or support to join the league of top performers, you just need to visit the Extramarks website to keep yourself updated about the CBSE syllabus, NCERT solutions, and exam patterns. You may also search for NCERT Solutions Class 10 to step up your preparation and stay ahead of others.
Exam pattern as per UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus
- Students should be familiar with the exam format and the UP Board Class 10 syllabus 2023 for all topics. The UP Class 10 examination is taken in offline mode, and the exam format has undergone a minor change. .
- The board has reduced the overall number of exams taken by students. Earlier the UP Board consisted of two exams, exam A and exam B, one for each topic. But now each subject will have only one exam.
- Here is a breakdown of the weightage for the UP Board Class 10 exam for Mathematics and Science: 70 marks for the theoretical exam and 30 marks for internal and project work.
Correct use of UPMSP Class 10 Syllabus
A syllabus is a study tool that helps students plan their learning process or path. Students preparing for the 10th Boards in Uttar Pradesh must understand how to use the syllabus to their advantage and optimise their preparation to get the best results. Students can apply the strategies given below to use them correctly and effectively:
- Create a study plan using the syllabus because studying without one is not as effective as it should be. Therefore, using the UP Board Class 10 syllabus to create a study plan and get good grades is a terrific idea.
- An organised, complete easy-to-read syllabus will help you to glance through your syllabus quickly and plan a simple strategy to crack the test.
- Consult the UP Board Class 10 syllabus to learn about crucial topics: Students can learn about the major UP Board Class 10 topics by using the previous year’s exam questions and revising them to clear any doubts and be more confident. . The prescribed syllabus is helpful in this regard because it is used to prepare board exam questions.
- When the board releases the syllabus, they ensure that the students know how the questions are structured for each subject. As a result, a student could use the syllabus to learn about the UP Board Class 10 question paper pattern.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What subjects are covered in Class 10 by the UP Board?
According to the syllabus list available on the official website, there are approximately 81 subjects in UP Board Class 10; however, students are not required to study all the subjects. Instead, thousands of students have picked Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Science, Social Science, and Mathematics as the most popular choice of subjects among students. However, the rigid separation between Science-Commerce-Arts has been eliminated under the current National Educational Policy 2020(NEP) .
2. Is the UP Board's 10th-grade curriculum for 2022 distinct from the previous years’?
Absolutely! . In order to make up for the lost academic time caused by COVID-19, the UP Board high school curriculum has reduced the syllabus by as much as 30%.The reduced UP board 10th-grade syllabus 2022 is available on the official website or you may visit Extramarks official website to access the same.
3. Is UP Board Class 10 challenging?
It has gotten much more uncomplicated to master the entire curriculum and get good grades in the UP Board Class 10 exams, even with the 30% reduction in the Class 10 syllabus. It is definitely less challenging and it gives every student a better chance to step up their preparation and excel in academics.
4. Which authority is responsible for deciding on the UP Board Class 10 syllabus?
Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) is the authority that is responsible for deciding the UP Board Class 10 syllabus.