Important Questions for Class 11 Biology Important Questions
A good foundation in Biology is required by students who want to do research in the medical sciences. To master the advanced concepts in Class 12, students must first strengthen their basics in Class 11 with important questions in Biology class 11. This will ensure that when they choose their undergraduate courses, they will be able to retain and comprehend the knowledge gained. Biology demands students to respond to questions clearly and concisely that convey the necessary information. Students can now take advantage of important questions for class 11 Biology, which are present on the Extramarks platform.
Important questions for class 11 Biology are prepared by Biology experts after careful research. They are quite beneficial for students during their examinations. These important questions establish a framework for preparing for various board and other competitive examinations.
Created under the guidelines of NCERT books, these important questions for class 11 Biology form a foundation for class 12 Biology. At Extramarks, we cover all of the important questions students need to prepare for class 11 and medical examinations.
Students can browse through various other resources on the Extramarks website, not limiting themselves. All materials such as NCERT books solution, CBSE revision notes, CBSE sample papers, CBSE previous year’s question paper, and many more are available to the students for free. Our solutions have used exclusive content to make it easy and grasping for the students.
Important Questions for Class 11 Biology Chapter Wise with Answers – (Chapters Covered)
The vast syllabus of class 11 Biology covers 22 chapters. These chapters may appear overwhelming to many students. Below are the chapters from the NCERT textbook of Class 11 Biology:
- Chapter 1: The Living World
- Chapter 2: Biological Classification
- Chapter 3: Plant Kingdom
- Chapter 4: Animal Kingdom
- Chapter 5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Chapter 6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Chapter 7: Structural Organization in Animals
- Chapter 8: Cell- the Units of Life
- Chapter 9: Biomolecules
- Chapter 10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Chapter 11: Transport in Plants
- Chapter 12: Mineral Nutrition
- Chapter 13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- Chapter 14: Respiration in Plants
- Chapter 15: Plant growth and Development
- Chapter 16: Digestion and Absorption
- Chapter 17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- Chapter 18: Body fluids and Circulation
- Chapter 19: Excretory products and their Elimination
- Chapter 20: Locomotion and Movement
- Chapter 21: Neural Control and Coordination
- Chapter 22: Chemical Coordination and Integration
Biology important questions class 11 comein handy when students are organised. Organised in the sense, when they create a study schedule that allocates time for daily practice. The Extramarks specialists have prepared the important questions for class 11 Biology sections for each chapter. There are various question kinds in this area, including objective type questions (fill in the blanks, true or false), multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and subjective type questions such as react in a few sentences and answer in-depth, among others. Consequently, this section of important questions will assist you in memorising key concepts and evaluating yourself in preparation for your exams.
Important Questions for Class 11 Biology – Weightage
The marks distribution of CBSE 11th Biology chapter-wise is tabulated below:
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms: Chapter – 1, 2, 3 and 4||15|
|II||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals: Chapter – 5 and 7||8|
|III||Structure and Function of a Cell: Chapter – 8 and 9||12|
|III||Cell: Structure and Function: Chapter – 10||5|
|IV||Plant Physiology: Chapter – 13, 14 and 15||12|
|V||Human Physiology: Chapter – 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22||18|
|Total Theory (Term – I and Term – II)||70|
|Practicals Term – I||15|
|Practicals Term – II||15|
Class 11 Biology Chapter-Wise Questions and Answers
Class 11 Biology has a 22 chapter vast syllabus. It can be intimidating for some students, and the only way to excel in this is to practice with dedication. There are various things to learn, and the only way to do so is by revising continuously. It is recommended that the students learn and revise continuously so that there is no scope for making any mistakes in these questions.
Extramarks give you access to all the important questions for class 11 Biology prepared by professional Biology specialists.
Click the chapter-wise questions and solutions below to check the CBSE class 11 Biology important questions:
- Important Questions Chapter No. 1: The Living World
- Important Questions Chapter No. 2: Biological Classification
- Important Questions Chapter No. 3: Plant Kingdom
- Important Questions Chapter No. 4: Animal Kingdom
- Important Questions Chapter No. 5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Important Questions Chapter No. 6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Important Questions Chapter No. 7: Structural Organization in Animals
- Important Questions Chapter No. 8: Cell- the Unit of Life
- Important Questions Chapter No. 9: Biomolecules
- Important Questions Chapter No. 10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Important Questions Chapter No. 11: Transport in Plants
- Important Questions Chapter No. 12: Mineral Nutrition
- Important Questions Chapter No. 13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- Important Questions Chapter No. 14: Respiration in Plants
- Important Questions Chapter No. 15: Plant Growth and Development
- Important Questions Chapter No. 16: Digestion and Absorption
- Important Questions Chapter No. 17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- Important Questions Chapter No. 18: Body Fluids and Circulation
- Important Questions Chapter No. 19: Excretory Products and their Elimination
- Important Questions Chapter No. 20: Locomotion and Movement
- Important Questions Chapter No. 21: Neural Control and Coordination
- Important Questions Chapter No. 22: Chemical Coordination and Integration
Class 11 biology important questions help the students in their final revision. Register with Extramarks and make the most of these solved questions to obtain exclusive updates and information about forthcoming examinations.
Class 11 Biology Important Questions – Types of Questions
According to CBSE’s recent guidelines, the current exam paper format for Class 11 Biology is as follows:
- The question paper has three sections along with 13 questions
- Section A has six questions of two marks each
- Section B has six questions of three marks each
- Section C has a case-based question of five mark
Benefits of Solving Biology Class 11 Important Questions
Important questions for class 12 Biology will aid students in their upcoming examinations for the following reasons:
- Having important questions on your hand will ensure the extra practice of concepts and time management skills.
- These important questions help in brushing up the topics during the final revisions.
- Constantly going through these important questions improves accuracy and quickness.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is class 11 Biology complicated?
Biology Class 11 is a fascinating yet complex subject. It requires a great deal of reading, memorising of facts, and practise of the diagrams. The subject is not tricky in itself, but it does need a lot of hard workon the part of the students. Students may obtain high grades in Class 11 Biology easily with the appropriate preparation and technique, and they can always count on Extramarks for help. For extra guidance in their studies, they might go for Extramarks important questions, revision notes, and NCERT Solutions.
2. What are some of the fundamental questions of class 11 Biology?
There are a few lengthy chapters in Biology 11 that cover important topics. The subject is broad and includes many aspects of biology. Basic questions on important biological processes, definitions, uses, enzyme names, and so on are asked in examinations. For instance
- What happens when fat is absorbed?
- Which glands produce sebum?
- What are Leydeig’s cells, and what do they do?
- Describe the cardiac cycle.
In examinations, many of these fundamental biology questions are asked. You may search for answers to these kinds of questions here.