ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications
ICSE Class 7 Computer Applications Syllabus
Computer Application is a foundational course designed to educate students on the principles and concepts of computers necessary for using popular software programmes. The Computer Application programme is meant to give them the abilities they need to operate computers. The Computer Applications syllabus is designed to provide the skills required for the use of application software on a computer. Applications covered include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, desktop publishing, the Internet, and the Windows operating systems. The majority of current employment and jobs in the future demand some level of technological competence. In comparison to other applicants for the same positions, you may have an advantage if you are more familiar with the computers and software required for the job. We should understand computers and computer applications since they are essential for employment. There are seven chapters in the ICSE syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications. Class 7 Computer Applications Syllabus is available for students on the Extramarks website.
ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications includes computer hardware components, the introduction of the Number System; computer viruses; ethics and safety measures in computing; the introduction of spreadsheets, databases, and DBMS, and advanced features of HTML.
Apart from ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications, Extramarks also provides various comprehensive materials such as ICSE Solutions, ISC & ICSE Syllabus, ICSE sample question papers, ICSE revision notes, ICSE important questions and ICSE question papers.
ICSE Class 7 Computer Applications Syllabus 2023-2024
By referring to the syllabus, students can understand the course material and the knowledge they will learn throughout the course. It provides information on the course objectives, structure and learning outcomes. Mentioned below is the ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications.
|ICSE Class 7 Computer Application Syllabus|
|1.||Computer – hardware components||
|2.||Number system – introduction||
|4.||Ethics and safety measures in computing||
|6.||Database and DBMS- introduction||
|7.||HTML- Advanced features||
ICSE Class 7 Computer Application Syllabus & Study Materials 2023-2024
Extramarks is a leading online learning platform that offers comprehensive learning solutions to students in classes 1-12. The most recent syllabus is available for reference on the Extramarks website. A syllabus is a course-planning tool that prescribes the topics and concepts on which students will be tested in the final examination. Reading and understanding your syllabus can help you know what to expect from the class on the subject. The syllabus includes a full analysis of the chapters, the marking scheme and each chapter’s weighting. Students can refer to the ICSE Class 7 Computer Application syllabus to attain a good score. In addition, we provide additional study and course materials. Students can also click the links below to obtain the essential resources.
- ICSE Solutions
- ISC & ICSE Syllabus
- ICSE sample question papers
- ICSE revision notes
- ICSE important questions
- ICSE question paper
Benefits of Knowing the ICSE Class 7 Computer Application Syllabus
- Knowing the 7th standard computer syllabus gives students a comprehensive overview of the course’s aims and objectives, learning outcomes and assessment strategies.
- ICSE syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications explains to students what the course is about, why it is taught, where it is headed, and what is necessary to succeed in the course.
- Knowing the ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications improves the students’ ability to learn the material.
- ICSE Class 7 Computer Applications syllabus gives the students a clear idea of the class objectives and expected outcomes.
- ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications acts as a guide and gives moral support to teachers and students.
- ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications covers most of the introduction part, which is the basics for the higher Classes.Learning these fundamental concepts will give them a solid foundation in computer knowledge.
- Additionally, ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications serves as a field outline for students to refer to long after they have completed their course.
ICSE Computer Studies Class 7 Syllabus
The syllabus consists of seven chapters – (i) Computer – Hardware Components, (ii) Number System – An Introduction, (iii) Computer Virus, (iv) Ethics and Safety Measures in Computing, (v) Spreadsheets – An Introduction, (vi) Database and DBMS – An Introduction, and (vii) HTML – Advanced Features.
1. Computer – Hardware Components
- Computer Hardware: external and internal hardware;
- Brief explanation with examples of hardware and some of its parts (CPU, Disk drives, Power supply (SMPS), Motherboard, Ports, Modem, peripheral devices (keyboard, mouse, pen drive, scanner, printer etc.).
2. Number System – An Introduction
- Introduction to Number system: need for number systems and examples of various number systems.
- Digits and bases of different number systems.
- Represent value in different number systems (Decimal, binary, octal and hexadecimal number system).
- Conversions from decimal to binary and vice versa.
3. Computer Virus
- Definition and example of computer virus.
- Types of Virus (boot sector and program file virus – definition and examples).
- Virus symptoms and harm caused by virus.
- Antivirus – definition and examples.
- Ways to prevent a virus (e.g. scanning pen drive, and CDs, downloading only from secured sites, updating of antivirus regularly etc.).
- Definition and example of forms of virus attack (malware, worm, spyware, Trojan horse, sweeper).
4. Ethics and Safety Measures in Computing
- Advantages and disadvantages of using internet.
- A brief introduction to ethics in computing.
- Unethical practices prevalent in the society, related to internet:
- Cyber bullying
- Individual right to privacy
- Software Piracy
- Intellectual property rights
- Meaning and a brief explanation of the different unethical practices stated above along with the preventive measures.
- Safety Measures to be taken while using the computer and internet. Parental assistance for minors, such as – viewing age appropriate websites, keeping strong password, not sharing passwords, frequently changing passwords, responding to emails only from known person or organisation etc. Protection using Firewall (meaning and a brief explanation).
- Digital footprints (meaning and sensitising children about it.)
5. Spreadsheets – An Introduction
- Features of spreadsheet and its advantages.
- Components of Spreadsheet window: workbook and worksheet, sheet tab, cell, cell address, active cell, formula bar, row, column, name box.
- Entering data in a spreadsheet
- Types of data (number, string and formula).
- Perform calculations.
- Enter simple formulae.
- Select cells.
- Change cell contents.
- Use Undo and Redo features.
- Insert and deleting columns and rows.
- Copy and move data.
- Use autofill feature.
6. Database and DBMS – An Introduction
- Meaning of Database and DBMS.
- Uses of database with examples.
- Create and Save a database.
- Primary Key.
- Querying a Database.
7. HTML – Advanced Features
- Create lists (<OL>, <UL>).
- Insert Images in web pages <img src>.
- Insert links <a href>, tables <tr>, <td>, <table>.
- Display objects through <Marquee>.
- Create forms using <form> tag.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Why should I be aware of the syllabus?
A syllabus is a written document that summarises all the crucial details of a particular subject. It includes a list of topics you will cover in a specific subject. The syllabus contains important information regarding what the expected outcomes of the students are. The syllabus focuses on the needs of the students and their learning process.
2. What basic concepts will I learn from the ICSE Class 7 Computer Applications syllabus?
The ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications includes basic concepts such as introduction to number systems, databases and DBMS, spreadsheets and other units such as computers – hardware components, ethics and safety measures in computing, computer viruses and advanced features of HTML.
3. What is HTML in the ICSE Syllabus Class 7 Computer Applications?
Hyper Text Markup Language, or HTML, is a term that refers to the programming language used to create web applications and web pages. It “marks up” or encapsulates data using HTML tags that specify the data and explain how it will be used on the webpage. Several elements make up HTML. HTML elements control the content’s presentation in the browser. Using HTML, you may specify headers, paragraphs, links, photos, and more using HTML, which helps your browser understand how to organise the web page you’re seeing.
4. What is the future scope of Computer Applications?
In a growing industry, computer applications offer graduates a variety of job prospects. After completing the programme, students can find employment in many private and public sectors as senior application support analysts, computer programmers, computer operators, tutors or mobile app developers. Learning computer programmes has several benefits, such as being quicker, more precise, and helping with problem-solving.It is relevant because it can now be found in almost every industry, including healthcare, transportation, entertainment, education and government.