Important Questions for CBSE Class 8 Maths 2023-24
Maths Important Questions for Class 8
Maths is a vast subject. The concept students learn in the lower classes helps in developing skills for higher classes. Thus, solving important questions for class 8 Maths helps students to score good marks.
Class 8 Maths gives the student a chapter-wise plan to prepare the student for the CBSE class 8 examination. Important questions for class 8 Maths will help the students with practice for exam preparation. The questions are prepared by expert teachers of the subject so that all the topics and concepts are covered.
The important questions for class 8 Mathes will help students to gauge their understanding of the major concepts that are taught in class 8 Maths. By practising them, students will get an idea of what type of questions will be asked in the exam. Solving the important questions of Maths for class 8 CBSE will help students understand the concept well.
To access the important questions for class 8 Maths, students may register at Extramarks.
Class 8 Maths Important Questions – Chapters Covered
There are 16 Chapters and sub-topics that have important questions for class 8 Maths. The list here is created as per the NCERT books and the latest CBSE syllabus and is mentioned below.
Chapter 1: Rational Numbers
Rational numbers are the numbers that can be represented in the form of p/q, where p and q are integers, and q is not equal to 0.
- Ex 1.1 Introduction to Rational Numbers
- Ex 1.2 Properties of Rational Numbers
- Ex 1.3 Representation of Rational Numbers on the Number Line
- Ex 1.4 Rational Numbers between Two Rational Numbers
Chapter 2: Linear Equations in One Variable
Linear equations in one variable are algebraic expressions that have only one variable.
- Ex 2.1 Introduction to Linear Equations in One Variable
- Ex 2.2 Solving Equations which have Linear Expressions on one Side and Numbers on the Other Side
- Ex 2.3 Some Applications
- Ex 2.4 Solving Equations having the Variable on Both Sides
- Ex 2.5 Some More Applications
- Ex 2.6 Reducing Equations to Simpler Form
- Ex 2.7 Equations Reducible to the Linear Form
Chapter 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals
Understanding quadrilaterals teaches different types of quadrilaterals and their properties.
- Ex 3.1 Introduction to Quadrilaterals
- Ex 3.2 Polygons
- Ex 3.3 Sum of the Measures of the Exterior Angles of a Polygon
- Ex 3.4 Kinds of Quadrilaterals
- Ex 3.5 Some Special Parallelograms
Chapter 4: Practical Geometry
In this chapter, students will learn to construct the quadrilaterals based on certain given conditions, such as when the dimensions are given for its sides and diagonals or for angles.
- Ex 4.1 Introduction to Practical Geometry
- Ex 4.2 Constructing a Quadrilateral
- Ex 4.3 Some Special Cases
Chapter 5: Data Handling
Students will understand the significance of data and its management in small and large industries.
- Ex 5.1 Looking for Information – Data Handling
- Ex 5.2 Organising Data
- Ex 5.3 Grouping Data
- Ex 5.4 Circle Graph or Pie Chart
- Ex 5.5 Chance and Probability
Chapter 6: Squares and Square Roots.
Students will learn how to find squares and square roots for different numbers.
- Ex 6.1 Introduction to Square and Square Roots
- Ex 6.2 Properties of Square Numbers
- Ex 6.3 Some More Interesting Patterns
- Ex 6.4 Finding the Square of a Number
- Ex 6.5 Square Roots
- Ex 6.6 Square Roots of Decimals
- Ex 6.7 Estimating Square Root
Chapter 7: Cubes and Cube Roots
In this chapter, students will learn to find cube and cube roots for different numbers.
- Ex 7.1 Introduction to Cubes and Cube Roots
- Ex 7.2 Cubes
- Ex 7.3 Cube Roots
Chapter 8: Comparing Quantities
This chapter is based on finding percentage, cost price, selling price, profit, loss, and compound interest.
- Ex 8.1 Recalling Ratios and Percentages
- Ex 8.2 Finding the Increase or Decrease in percent
- Ex 8.3 Finding Discounts
- Ex 8.4 Prices Related to Buying and Selling (Profit and Loss)
- Ex 8.5 Sales Tax/Value Added Tax/Goods and Services Tax
- Ex 8.6 Compound Interest
- Ex 8.7 Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest
- Ex 8.8 Rate Compounded Annually or Half Yearly (Semi-Annually)
- Ex 8.9 Applications of Compound Interest Formula
Chapter 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities
The chapter teaches students to find the degree of the polynomial, dividing a monomial by monomial, dividing a polynomial by a monomial, and dividing polynomial by polynomial. It also teaches the students to divide the algebraic expression employing factorisation.
- Ex 9.1 What are Expressions?
- Ex 9.2 Terms, Factors and Coefficients
- Ex 9.3 Monomials, Binomials and Polynomials
- Ex 9.4 Like and Unlike Terms
- Ex 9.5 Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
- Ex 9.6 Multiplication of Algebraic Expressions: Introduction
- Ex 9.7 Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial
- Ex 9.8 Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial
- Ex 9.9 Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial
- Ex 9.10 What is an Identity?
- Ex 9.11 Standard Identities
- Ex 9.12 Applying Identities
Chapter 10: Visualising Solid Shapes
The chapter introduces some very interesting concepts, such as visualising solid shapes, and views of 3d-shapes like cubes, cylinders, cones, spheres, etc.
- Ex 10.1 Introduction to Visualising Solid Shapes
- Ex 10.2 Views of 3D-Shapes
- Ex 10.3 Mapping Space Around Us
- Ex 10.4 Faces, Edges and Vertices
Chapter 11: Mensuration
This chapter deals with the measurement of area, perimeter, surface area and volume of different types of shapes.
- Ex 11.2 Introduction to Mensuration
- Ex 11.2 Let us Recall
- Ex 11.3 Area of Trapezium
- Ex 11.4 Area of a General Quadrilateral
- Ex 11.5 Area of a Polygon
- Ex 11.6 Solid Shapes
- Ex 11.7 Surface Area of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
- Ex 11.8 Volume of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
- Ex 11.9 Volume and Capacity
Chapter 12: Exponents and Powers
Here students will learn how to write large numbers easily using exponents and powers.
- Ex 12.1 Introduction to Exponents and Powers
- Ex 12.2 Powers with Negative Exponents
- Ex 12.3 Laws of Exponents
- EX 12.4 Use of Exponents to Express Small Numbers in Standard Form
Chapter 13: Direct and Inverse Proportions.
A direct and inverse proportion are applied to determine how the quantities and amounts are correlated with each other.
- Ex 13.1 Introduction to Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Ex 13.2 Direct Proportion
- Ex 13.3 Inverse Proportion
Chapter 14: Factorisation
This chapter deals with writing a given expression as the product of two or more factors is called factorisation.
- Ex 14.1 Introduction to Factorisation
- Ex 14.2 What is Factorisation?
- Ex 14.3 Division of Algebraic Expressions
- Ex 14.4 Division of Algebraic Expressions Continued (Polynomial ÷ Polynomial)
- Ex 14.5 Can you Find the Error?
Chapter 15: Introduction to Graphs
This chapter deals primarily with the representation of data using different graph diagrams.
- Ex 15.1 Introduction
- Ex 15.2 Linear Graphs
- Ex 15.3 Some Applications
Chapter 16: Playing with Numbers
Playing with Numbers, introducing Numbers in General Form, Games with Numbers and Divisibility test by some numbers.
- Ex 16.1 Introduction
- Ex 16.2 Numbers in General Form
- Ex 16.3 Games with Numbers
- Ex 16.4 Letters for Digits
- Ex 16.5 Tests of Divisibility
Important Questions For Class 8 Maths Weightage
Practicing important questions for class 8 Maths will build the student’s confidence which will help them to score better during examinations. It will help in building a strong foundation for students. While class 8 Maths’ important questions are crucial, it is also vital to revise all topics under the chapter before trying to solve the important questions.
All important questions for class 8 Maths are prepared according to the latest syllabus and follow the guidelines set by CBSE, India. Solving these Maths questions for class 8 will assist the students in judging their understanding of the chapter.
Important Questions for Class 8 Maths Chapter Wise
Extramarks important questions for class 8 Maths are equipped with chapter-wise plans for the students to prepare well for the CBSE class 8 examination. The solutions provided for the Maths important questions for class 8 are prepared by subject experts who have got very good teaching experience. These questions are compiled with reference to NCERT Books, several years of examination papers and based on how crucial the topic is for higher studies.
Students can click on the link for chapter-wise important questions for class 8 Maths with solutions.
- Chapter 1. Rational Numbers
- Chapter 2. Linear Equation in One Variable
- Chapter 3. Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Chapter 4. Practical Geometry
- Chapter 5. Data Handling
- Chapter 6. Squares and Square Roots
- Chapter 7. Cubes and Cube Roots
- Chapter 8. Comparing Quantities
- Chapter 9. Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Chapter 10. Visualising Solid Shapes
- Chapter 11. Mensuration
- Chapter 12. Exponents and Powers
- Chapter 13. Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Chapter 14. Factorisation
- Chapter 15. Introduction to Graphs
- Chapter 16. Playing with Numbers
Maths Questions for Class 8 with Answers – Types of Questions
The important questions for class 8 Maths include MCQs, short answer type questions, long answer type questions, and case study-based questions. These questions are a vital part of the study schedule. The chapter-wise important questions are good for students for self-study, which will help them in preparing for examinations. In addition to it, solving sample papers will be a great help for students.
Along with important questions for class 8 Maths, students can use various study materials during revision by clicking the link below.
Important Questions For Class 8 Maths With Solutions
Benefits Of Solving Maths Questions for Class 8
Some of the benefits of Extramarks important questions for class 8 Maths include the following.
- Solving these questions increases the confidence in the student, which in turn helps them to score good marks.
- Practicing important questions for class 8 Maths helps students to improve in their weak topics.
- Solving them helps students to learn the formulae and understand the concepts well.
- It covers all the important topics that will be asked in the exam.
- Solving important questions for class 8 Maths increases students’ problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.
- Students will understand the pattern of the question paper and the marking scheme of the exam.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How are chapter-wise important questions for class 8 Maths helpful for students?
The chapter-wise important questions for class 8 Maths can help the students to clear their doubts, improve in their weak topics and prepare themselves for the exam in a better way. They also help with board exam preparation.
2. Which chapter is interesting in class 8 Maths?
Playing with numbers is an interesting chapter in class 8 Mathcs. Students will enjoy puzzles of missing numbers.
3. How to score the highest marks in class 8 Maths?
One can score 90% and above in class 8 Maths by practising important questions for class 8 Maths, solving past years’ question papers, revision notes, and sample papers.