ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing
Introduction to ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing
The ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing is created as per the ICSE rules and guidelines. The ICSE Board is very disciplined and systematic in the way its examinations are conducted and how the results are declared. The Board is also known for its comprehensive Syllabus and well-structured curriculum.
Students can study syllabus for Class 10 from NCERT textbooks, analyse the overall course structure, and prepare well for the upcoming board examination. The syllabus plays an important part in staying focused on areas that are included from examination point of view. Here students are guided to understand the subject topics and the marking scheme pattern to make a better plan for the examination. The syllabus provides practical knowledge and helps students build subject specific Fashion designing knowledge and skills. Extramarks create solutions, exercises and study materials for students with the latest and revised version of ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing. Students can access the syllabus, subject notes, exercise and solutions from Extramarks website.
Students are expected to have a careful understanding of the syllabus and exam marketing scheme to prepare them well for the upcoming examination.
ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing: Semester 1 & 2
|Unit No.||Name of the Unit||Unit No.||Name of the Unit|
|1.||The selection, purchase, use and care of tools and equipment, including stitching machines, for making the dress. (Complete Unit)||1.||i. Layouts and the forms or processes in assembling garments.
ii. Methods of pressing.
|2.||Definition of a pattern. Methods of creating patterns. This should include the complete knowledge of figure measurements and awareness of figure problems.||2.||The use and making of traditional or straightforward designs and decorative stitchery in the construction and decoration of garments and articles. (Complete Unit)|
A brief explanation of the ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing
The ICSE Class 10 Fashion Designing module is bifurcated into two categories:
Section A: Theory consists of compulsory short answer questions covering the entire Syllabus.
Section B: Internal Assessment consists of questions that require detailed answers, and students will be given a choice between questions where they are supposed to answer four questions from this part.
The curriculum presents the following topics:
- Different choices in use, purchases, and care of necessary instruments and tools, including sewing machines for designing a dress, are required.
- Basic understanding of the processes and stitching patterns used in making simple garments and undergarments.
- Simple knowledge of the selection and uses of its commercial, traditional or drafted designs for producing simple daily wearing clothes and undergarments.
- The module section provides a thorough knowledge of the simple conversion of designs, figure measurements, the sequence of processes in assembling garments, awareness of figure problems, fitting, layouts, cutting techniques, and basic knowledge of different methods in pressing.
- A detailed understanding of the making and use of traditional or simple decoration of garments and articles and various designs and decorative stitchery in the construction.
The Fashion Designing Internal Assessment part of the Syllabus is a practical-oriented assignment as suggested by the teacher, and they all present the following topics:
(i) Needlework Tools and Processes:
- The use of thread, needles and scissors.
- Measuring and marking of different instruments.
- Continuous practice in making multiple seams, stitches, pleats, darts, ruffles, gathering, smocking, shirring, etc.
- Sewing zippers, hooks, buttons.
- The uses of the stitching machine.
(ii) Different parts of a dress:
- Skirts and waistlines.
- Invisible and visible zippers.
- Cuffs and sleeves.
- Buttonholes and buttons.
- Inside and Outside pockets.
(iii) Production and the making of salwar, blouses, dresses, skirts, blouses, and many more
(iv) Sewing of kid’s dresses
(v) Stitching for home decor includes furnishings, curtains, and bedspreads.
In addition to the course-related work dIscussed above, after completing the theoretical Examination or the project for this course, students will have to create two dresses or mixes or a set incorporating four bits of finished embroidery to be evaluated by the external supervisor.
ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing: Chapter Weightage
The overall marks weightage for the ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing is based on the 1) objective-type questions, 2) short answer type questions, 3) long and explanatory answer type questions, and 4) questions based on the course programme’s wide-range understanding. ICSE Class 10 Fashion Designing Examination papers hold a weightage of one mark, two marks, three marks, and four marks based on the appearance or arrangement, planning efficiency, quality produced, and the working of time plan.
ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing: Exercise and Solutions
Extramarks team has developed chapter notes based on the ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing. By referring and studying through these Extramarks notes, students will understand all the modules and all the necessary fabrics and materials relevant for Fashion Designing subject.
The exercise and solution material developed by Extramarks will help students develop an interest for the subject. The modules covered in our solutions and chapter notes acts as a precise and reliable source of information, helping students to comprehend the crucial subject topics better and answer queries for all the critical questions with a great possibility of scoring well in the board examinations.
Students can study the Fashion Designing Syllabus from Extramarks and access the subject specific study materials from the link below.
Students can access the following by clicking on the links mentioned below:
Benefits of ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing
- Experienced and professional professors at Extramarks design the Syllabus for Class 10 Fashion Designing students. After thorough research on all the essential topics, they later present them to the Board.
- The Fashion Designing Syllabus presents a complete understanding and knowledge of all the essential topics simply and understandably.
- The ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing prepares students to answer any questions efficiently and effectively without struggling while writing the examinations.
- The Fashion Designing Syllabus provides proper guidance to students throughout their preparation or revision process. It will help them know marks and examination patterns for the tests they are studying for.
- The module also presents well-organised, detailed, and specific components following the ICSE guidelines.
ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing: Criteria and Evaluation Techniques
To shine in this subject, the following things are expected from the students by the examiners:
- Massively, the work shows considerable capacities. Students should adhere to the examination community guidelines judiciously, and they should be efficient in achieving the given assignment in every possible way.
- With some unusual details on the request, the quality should primarily raise expectations. Hence a good understanding of cloth fabric, making, manufacturing, and variations is essential.
- A natural and impartial but pure Classy sense and creativity limits can primarily get past in a kind of all-out preparation. Students have to be dynamic in dealing with all the topics, and the request sets to get resolutions for all purposes in the prescribed time, all in a sort of unusual way.
- Fashion sense, not just with regards to cutting and sewing, must have exceptional creativity, imagination and an innovative sense of design.
- Beautiful drawing capabilities. Your drawing and painting skills shall be measured here. Students have to set this capacity to turn themselves into decent fashion designers so that they are skillful enough to design diverse garments like pants, garments, etc. Thus, this proficiency is not only essential. It is crucial.
- Knowledge of texture, planning, and shading – Students can design extraordinary and beautiful garments if they know about garments and shading. They should learn about different fabrics or which fabric is suitable for shading—having ample information on various quality materials like silk, cotton, etc. This will guide them with knowledge of the material.
- Firm belief and persistence in cloth and materials are fundamental. Therefore, a significant part depends on the talent for illustration. If a student can imagine the garments before development, it gets simple for detriments and other positive thoughts, which could be illustrated innovatively.
ICSE Fashion Designing Class 10 Syllabus
There is one paper of two hours duration carrying 100 marks and Internal Assessment of 100 marks. The paper is divided into two Sections – A and B. Section A consists of compulsory short answer questions covering the entire syllabus.
Section B consists of questions which require detailed answers. There is a choice of questions. You are required to answer four questions from this section.
Part 1: Theory – 100 marks
- The choice, purchase, use and care of tools and equipment, including sewing machines, for dressmaking.
- The choice and use of traditional, drafted or commercial patterns for making simple under and outer garments. This should include knowledge of figure measurements, awareness of figure problems, simple adaptation of patterns, layouts and cutting out, fitting, and the sequence or processes in assembling garments. Methods of pressing.
- The stitches and processes used in the making of simple under and outer garments.
The use and making of simple or traditional designs and decorative stitchery in the construction and decoration of garments and articles.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are the topics covered under the theory part of the Fashion Designing Syllabus for ICSE Class 10 students?
Students will gain complete knowledge of natural and synthetic materials like their place of origin, their properties and how they are produced. They will also get a basic outline of fabrics and the production of their raw materials, the product’s finishing that improves the appearance of fabric and other properties. Students will learn about various types of fabrics used, including the blended materials, their sustainability and suitability, the choice of dressmaking and the reaction under daily use.
Students will be taught so that they will get a complete understanding and knowledge about the purchase of material quality, the tentative rates, the estimation of consignment, the selection procedure, and the use of extra fabric used during the time of creating a design.
2. What is the assessment procedure behind the Fashion Designing syllabus?
The internal evaluation- project work is assessed by an external supervisor and a subject faculty. The external supervisor is an outside faculty appointed by the Head of the school, and the other evaluator could be one of the staff members but not necessarily the subject lecturer. Both the internal faculty and the external faculty will evaluate the project independently. The overall allocation of scores will be out of 100 marks, where each faculty considers 50 marks individually. The total scores out of 100 marks will be given through an online portal before the due date.
3. Is there any grading system? How is it done in the ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing?
Yes, there is a grading system in the ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing subject, which is mentioned below:
- Grade 1: 4 marks on each section
- Grade 2: 3 marks on each section
- Grade 3: 2 marks on each section
- Grade 4: 1 marks on each section
- Grade 5: 0 marks on each section
Students are given grades based on the following five criteria:
- Working to the time plan
- Efficiency, Appearance/ Arrangement
- Quality produced.
4. What are the objectives of the ICSE Syllabus Class 10 Fashion Designing subject?
The objectives of ICSE Class 10 Fashion Designing subject are as follows:
- To provide students with a piece of complete information on various fabrics and textures.
- To create students’ interest in various cycles of using the materials and fabrics.
- To provide students with at least the basic standards regarding the creation of articles of clothes.
- To create in students the feeling of appreciation and innovative articulation in the creation of garments.