JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper Online 2015 11th April
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is held in two phases around the country. The first phase is known as JEE Main and the second phase is known as JEE Advanced. The examination includes three main subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Students are evaluated on
the basis of the marks scored in the three papers.
JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper Online 2015 (11th April)
The Chemistry paper was comparatively easier than the other two papers. The JEE Main question paper consisted of various sections such as inorganic, natural, and physical sections of chemistry. The majority of questions were taken from the NCERT. Referring to JEE Main Question Papers helps candidates understand the exam pattern. In addition, the JEE Main Mock Test can also help students ace their exam preparation.
JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper Online 2015 (11th April) – Free PDF
It is advisable that you have everything handy to prepare for the exam. Extramarks provides JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper Online 2015 so that candidates can download it easily and prepare for the exam. Candidates can download the JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper Online 2015 [10th April] by clicking on the link mentioned below:
What is the syllabus for chemistry for JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper Online 2015 [11th April]?
The JEE Main syllabus for Chemistry is given below:
Section A: Physical Chemistry
- Unit 1- Some Basic Concepts In Chemistry
- Unit 2 – States Of Matter
- Unit 3 – Atomic Structure
- Unit 4 – Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure
- .Unit 5 – Chemical Thermodynamics
- Unit 6 – Solutions
- Unit 7 -Equilibrium
- Unit 8- Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry
- Unit 9- Chemical Kinetics
- Unit 10- Surface Chemistry
Section B: Inorganic Chemistry
- Unit 11- Classification of Elements And Periodicity In Properties
- Unit 12 -General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Metals
- Unit 13 -Hydrogen
- Unit 14 -s – Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Unit 15 -p – Block Elements
- Unit 16 -d – And f – Block Elements
- Unit 17 -Coordination Compounds
- Unit 18 -Environmental Chemistry
Section C: Organic Chemistry
- Unit 19 -Purification And Characterisation Of Organic Compounds
- Unit 20 -Some Basic Principles Of Organic Chemistry
- Unit 21 -Hydrocarbons
- Unit 22 -Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Unit 23 -Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Unit 24 -Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Unit 25 -Polymers
- Unit 26 -Biomolecules
- Unit 27 -Chemistry In Everyday Life
- Unit 28 -Principles Related To Practical Chemistry
JEE Main Chemistry 2015 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Class 11||Class 12||Total|
|Physics||No. of Questions||Total Marks||No. of Questions||Total Marks||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
JEE Main Chemistry Preparation Tips
1) Memorising certain parts of the subject like the periodic table, atomic weights of elements, atomic numbers of elements etc. is necessary while preparing for the chemistry section. This saves a lot of time while writing the exam and increases the scope of scoring to a great extent.
2) Reading from several books is not recommended for JEE Main Chemistry. All students should stick to some good books and use them for their preparation. Referring to multiple books results in wastage of time and creates confusion.
3) Being regular with the preparation is a very important aspect of studying Chemistry for JEE Main. As the subject is quite vast and highly theoretical, students should study for it regularly so as to keep the flow.
4) Candidates should be well versed with the concepts given in NCERT. Many questions appearing in the JEE Main question paper are straightforward and based only on facts elucidated in the NCERT textbooks.
Best Books to Prepare for JEE Main Chemistry Paper
- NCERT Textbooks
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
- Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Concept of Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee
- Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd