NCERT Class 7 Maths Book PDF
CBSE Class 7 NCERT Maths Book Free Download
Mathematics is a crucial and concept-building subject that helps students in Class 7 in laying the foundation for their subsequent classes. Mathematics is not just about learning the numbers as taught in the junior classes. It is the most powerful tool that aids in improving their problem-solving skills and logical reasoning ability. The syllabus introduced in NCERT Class 7 Mathematics serves as a base for understanding the complex concepts that are needed to pursue science, economics and even some art streams. As the greatest philosophers say, everything in and around our life is nothing but simple mathematics.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) published the latest NCERT Books For Class 7 Mathematics. With a team of experienced teachers who frame chapters concisely, NCERT books are prescribed by the CBSE as well as many other state boards for its standard topics and easy explanations. The NCERT books cover all the necessary topics written in a concise, well-structured, and interesting manner which helps students learn, understand and remember the concepts easily.
CBSE Class 7 NCERT Maths Book PDF
Mathematics is considered one of the most interesting subjects in school. It pushes the students to develop their conceptual understanding of the topics, use their analytical and logical thinking and boosts their cognitive abilities. The application of mathematics goes far beyond the exercises given at the end of the chapter.
However, in order to develop a solid understanding, it is very important to go through the NCERT examples and practice exercises. Students can now download the NCERT Class 7 Mathematics PDF from Extramarks website. The chapter-wise PDF of the entire book is available for free download.
Getting the soft copy for free makes the NCERT book accessible anytime and from anywhere. You can get started with the topics even before the beginning of your session. You can practice the exercises at your own pace. You can also refer to the solutions or seek help from experts at the Extramarks website.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Mathematics Chapter-wise Solutions
The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Mathematics Chapter-wise PDF comprises a total of 15 chapters.
Chapter 1 – Integers
- Properties of Addition and Subtraction of Integers – Closure under Addition; Closure under Subtraction; Commutative Property; Associative Property; Additive Identity
- Multiplication of Integers – Multiplication of a Positive and a Negative Integer; Multiplication of two Negative Integers; Product of three or more Negative Integers
- Properties of Multiplication of Integers – Closure under Multiplication; Commutativity of Multiplication; Multiplication by Zero; Multiplicative Identity; Associativity for Multiplication; Distributive Property; Making Multiplication Easier
- Division of Integers
- Properties of Division of Integers
Chapter 2 – Fractions and Decimals
- How well have you learnt about Fractions
- Multiplication of Fractions – Multiplication of a Fraction by a Whole Number; Multiplication of a Fraction by a Fraction
- Division of Fractions – Division of Whole Number by a Fraction; Division of a Fraction by a Whole Number; Division of a Fraction by Another Fraction
- How well have you learnt about Decimal Numbers?
- Multiplication of Decimal Numbers – Multiplication of Decimal Numbers by 10, 100 and 1000
- Division of Decimal Numbers – Division by 10, 100 and 1000; Division of a Decimal Number by a Whole Number; Division of a Decimal Number by another Decimal Number
Chapter 3 – Data Handling
- Collecting Data
- Organisation of Data
- Representative Values
- Arithmetic Mean – Range
- Mode – Mode of Large Data
- Use of Bar Graphs with a different purpose – Choosing a Scale
- Chance and Probability – Chance
Chapter 4 – Simple Equations
- A Mind-Reading Game
- Setting up of an Equation
- Review of what we know
- What is an Equation? – Solving an Equation
- More Equations
- From Solution to Equation
- Application of Simple Equations to Practical Situations
Chapter 5 – Lines and Angles
- Related Angles – Complementary Angles; Supplementary Angles; Adjacent Angles; Linear Pair; Vertically Opposite Angles
- Pair of Lines – Intersecting Lines; Transversal; Angles made by a Transversal; Transversal of Parallel Lines
- Checking for Parallel Lines
Chapter 6 – Triangles and its Properties
- Medians of a Triangle
- Altitudes of a Triangle
- Exterior Angle of a Triangle and its Property
- Angle Sum Property of a Triangle
- Two special Triangles : Equilateral and Isosceles
- Sum of the lengths of two sides of a Triangle
- Right-Angled Triangles and Pythagoras Property
Chapter 7 – Congruence of Triangles
- Congruence of Plane Figures
- Congruence among Line Segments
- Congruence of Angles
- Congruence of Triangles
- Criteria for Congruence of Triangles
- Congruence among Right-Angled Triangles
Chapter 8 – Comparing Quantities
- Equivalent Ratios
- Percentage: Another way of comparing quantities – Meaning of Percentage; Converting Fractional Numbers to Percentage; Converting Decimals to Percentage; Converting Percentages to Fractions or Decimals; Fun with Estimation
- Use of Percentages – Interpreting Percentages; Converting Percentages to “How Many”; Ratios to Percents; Increase or Decrease as Per Cent
- Prices related to an item or buying and selling
- Charge given on borrowed money or simple interest – Interest for Multiple Years
Chapter 9 – Rational Numbers
- Need for Rational Numbers
- What are Rational Numbers?
- Positive and Negative Rational Numbers
- Rational Numbers on a Number Line
- Rational Numbers in Standard Form
- Comparison of Rational Numbers
- Rational Numbers between Two Rational Numbers
- Operations on Rational Numbers – Addition; Subtraction; Multiplication; Division
Chapter 10 – Pratical Geometry
- Construction of a line parallel to a given line, through a point not on the line
- Construction of Triangles
- Constructing a Triangle when the lengths of its three sides are known (SSS Criterion)
- Constructing a Triangle when the lengths of two sides and the measure of the angle between them are known (SAS Criterion)
- Constructing a Triangle when the measures of two of its angles and the length of the side included between them are given (ASA Criterion)
- Constructing a Right-Angled Triangle when the length of one leg and its hypotenuse are given (RHS Criterion)
Chapter 11 – Perimeter and Area
- Squares and Rectangles – Triangles as Parts of Rectangle; Generalising for other Congruent Parts of Rectangles
- Area of Parallelogram
- Area of a Triangle
- Circles – Circumference of a Circle; Area of Circle
- Conversion of Units
Chapter 12 – Algebraic Expressions
- How are Expressions formed?
- Terms of an Expression
- Like and Unlike Terms
- Monomials, Binomials, Trinomials and Polynomials
- Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
- Finding the Value of an Expression
- Using Algebraic Expressions – Formula and Rules
Chapter 13 – Exponents and Powers
- Laws of Exponents – Multiplying Powers with the Same Base; Dividing Powers with the Same Base; Taking Power of a Power; Multiplying Powers with the Same Exponents; Dividing Powers with the Same Exponents
- Miscellaneous examples using the Laws of Exponents
- Decimal Number System
- Expressing Large Numbers in the Standard Form
Chapter 14 – Symmetry
- Lines of Symmetry for Regular Polygons
- Rotational Symmetry
- Line Symmetry and Rotational Symmetry
Chapter 15 – Visualising Solid Shapes
- Introduction: Plane Figures and Solid Shapes
- Faces, Edges and Vertices
- Nets for building 3-D Shapes
- Drawings solids on a Flat Surface – Oblique Sketches; Isometric Sketches; Visualising Solid Objects
- Viewing different sections of a Solid – One Way to View an Object is by Cutting or Slicing; Another Way is by Shadow Play; A Third Way is by Looking at it from Certain Angles to Get Different Views
NCERT Book for Class 7
The NCERT Books provide a standard and clear understanding of the concepts. Framed by subject experts and experienced educationists, NCERT books help students to learn the concept quickly and prepare for their exams efficiently. The books are available offline and online. Students can choose to read either based on their interests and comfort levels. The books are reasonably priced and one can buy them from nearby stores.
Every chapter acts as a prerequisite for the following chapter, thus ensuring a smooth transition and clear understanding. To make students understand easily and enhance their academic performances, the language used in the chapters is very simple. The NCERT Books are intended to increase students’ self-confidence and help them perform well in their examinations. Through the chapter-wise solutions, students can revise efficiently for the exams.
NCERT textbooks are a great resource for students preparing for exams. The textbooks are presented in a systematic, organised and logical manner. Students who want to achieve good results need textbooks that are both comprehensive and easy to understand. It covers the most relevant topics in detail. The syllabus is designed precisely keeping in mind the level of understanding a student should develop by Class 7.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7
Mathematics becomes interesting when you learn all the concepts, formulas and methods, which can be applied to any type and level of questions. Students can refer to these solutions for further clarifications on the topics. This acts as a quick guide that provides them with a better understanding of the problem statements, teaches them different techniques to solve a problem, and also helps them analyse their level of understanding.
The NCERT Solutions for the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Book PDF is available for free on Extramarks’ website. Students can download these solutions in a chapter-wise format too. Using these solutions, students can understand the concept easily and prepare well for their exams.
There are many benefits that a student can get by referring to NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Mathematics. It enables both students and parents to assess their children’s progress ahead of the examinations. For best outcomes, students are advised to first go through the concepts thoroughly in the textbook. If the concepts and theories are understood properly, then they can learn quickly. Students need to prepare a study schedule and follow it regularly. We recommend students dedicate specific time to Mathematics and practice every day without fail. You can utilize all the resources on the Extramarks website for free and complete the syllabus.
The NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Mathematics can also be used to analyse one’s strategy for solving a certain issue. It also helps students identify their areas of weakness and know where they need to put in more effort and practice to perfection. It serves as a guide for better examination preparation. It aids in frequent practice and familiarity with the examination question paper format. The NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Mathematics plays a vital role in the preparation for exams and securing good marks. These solutions are formulated by professionals and experts in the field of Mathematics, thus providing reliable study material for the students to get enough practice and learn from their mistakes. It provides a comprehensive explanation of all key concepts and theories of Class 7 Mathematics. The language used for NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Mathematics is simple and easy to understand. Extramarks website provides a platform where students can attend live sessions to clarify their doubts and develop an interest in learning and mastering the topic with ease.
NCERT Books for Class 7 Mathematics
To assist the students with the subject’s key concepts, the CBSE Class 7 NCERT Books are created. Students can strengthen their weak areas with consistent practice and confidence. Sample papers for Class 7 Mathematics are easily downloadable from Extramarks website. Moreover, students are also advised to refer to the prescribed NCERT books by CBSE with detailed and accurate solutions to questions given in the NCERT textbook, which will help them understand how to solve the different kinds of problems in a step-by-step manner. If they ever get stuck on a question, they can always refer to the solutions prepared by subject matter experts.
Extramarks believes in incorporating joyful learning experiences through its own repository of resources. Extramarks website provides right from getting a proper understanding of the question pattern to delivering top-notch solutions. Talking about the advantages that a student may get by visiting Extramarks website, there are many. Students can learn many additional concepts and strategies in a systematic and organised manner. Additionally, it enables both students and parents to assess their children’s progress ahead of the examinations.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How many chapters are there in Class 7 Mathematics?
There are a total of 15 chapters in NCERT Class 7 Mathematics.
2. How can I download the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics syllabus for free?
You can now download the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics syllabus from Extramarks website. It is available for every student on this website and can be downloaded free of cost. You can also find the PDF version of the sample papers here for additional practice.
3. How would one use the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics sample question papers for analysing their skills?
You can evaluate your progress and check your understanding of the basics of Mathematics by using the CBSE Sample Papers for Class 7 Mathematics. The purpose of these sample papers is to aid students in their study of this subject.
4. Are there any revision notes available for Class 7 Mathematics?
Yes, revision notes for Class 7 Mathematics are available on Extramarks website. These notes are prepared by Extramarks subject matter experts which are short and concise are thoroughly checked and approved by them. These revision notes are very helpful for last-minute preparation. However, we recommend you go through NCERT Textbooks first and follow classroom notes along with our revision notes. This encourages the students to master the topic and increases their confidence in achieving a 100% result in the exams.
5. How long will it take to complete practising the syllabus for the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics?
There is no specific time mentioned by the board for the completion of the solving of sample papers. However, it is always advisable to start preparing CBSE syllabus for Class 7 Mathematics as soon as your academic year begins. You can also refer to CBSE Extra Questions assigned by your subject teachers.
6. What more does Extramarks offer besides the PDFs of the NCERT books for Class 7 Mathematics?
Extramarks website offers NCERT Books For Class 7 Mathematics PDFs free of cost. You can download the whole book at once or individual chapters. Revision before the examination is very crucial in scoring good marks. Extramarks offers the NCERT solutions for the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Book PDF free along with CBSE Previous Year Question Papers, Important Questions and Revision Notes. To enjoy the maximum benefit of these resources, students just need to register themselves at Extramarks official website and stay ahead of the pack.
7. How do revise the chapters of Mathematics for the examinations?
Unlike the other subjects, in Mathematics, avoid cramming and learn to practice enough to strengthen your concepts with NCERT books. . So, you should rather focus on practising the important problems and improve your speed to complete your exercises within the time frame. The speed of solving math problems determines the quality of your preparation and how strong your mathematical concepts are. Revise thoroughly before the examination and be confident. You can get to learn all the formulas of Class 7 Mathematics from Extramarks website. In case you wish to practice more for revision, you may visit Extramarks and check out important questions, sample papers, past years’ question papers and more at our website.
8. Is Mathematics in Class 7 difficult?
The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics is not difficult at all if you start at the right time, attend your classes regularly, follow your NCERT syllabus and keep practising diligently and sincerely.. The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics syllabus is designed precisely based on the knowledge imparted in the previous classes. Students should focus on learning the concepts rather than cramming, solving examples and exercises to develop strong mathematical abilities and learn to be confident.
9. Could you give us some tips for scoring good grades in the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics?
Here are some tips that can help any student score well in their Class 7 Mathematics exam –
- In-depth knowledge of the subject, and developing proper time management skills serve as a prerequisite for obtaining good marks in the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics.
- Practice will make you perfect; it is the key to scoring well in the examination. The more you practice, the better you will get.
- Give equal importance to every concept and chapter, because they are interrelated and may be required to solve problems with varying degrees of difficulty level…
- Do your daily homework on time, take class tests and ask your teachers whenever you have any queries.
- Practice the formulas and solve in-text exercises and exercises given at the end of the chapter.
- You must also try solving the CBSE Sample Papers and Extra questions enough to make sure that you have got a good grasp of the topic. It gives you speed and accuracy.
- Scoring a high percentage of marks is not difficult. You just require the right strategies and correct understanding of the concepts.
- If time permits then you can go online and check out the different techniques in which a single problem can be approached.