NCERT Books Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment
CBSE Class 11 NCERT Books for Geography – India Physical Environment
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an independent organisation with the mission of delivering high-quality education to students who are enrolled in schools across India. The primary focus of its activities is the preparation and publication of model textbooks, supplementary material, educational kits, and other similar resources. Textbooks published by NCERT are at the centre of the educational system. For classes, one through twelve, the educational programme prescribed by the CBSE board is based on the NCERT book series. The NCERT Books have been incorporated into the curricula of all of the state boards of education, not just the CBSE.
The NCERT textbooks published by the CBSE are widely regarded as the most useful educational resources for students from classes one through twelve. After extensive research and analysis on a particular topic, as well as considering the intellectual level of the students, subject matter specialists developed the contents of these books. The language used in NCERT textbooks is straightforward, covering all aspects of the subject matter from its most fundamental aspects. The NCERT textbooks that can be accessed online are essential to primary, intermediate, and senior secondary school education. In addition, the students who use these NCERT PDF downloads will have an easier time passing the numerous competitive examinations following their education and graduation. Examples of these examinations include the IIT JEE, NEET, and UPSC. Extramarks makes PDF versions of NCERT textbooks available for students to download.
Every chapter of the India Physical Environment book for Class 11 and every other NCERT book includes an in-depth analysis of the material covered. Students can improve their academic performance using these books and other study resources published by NCERT.
NCERT Books Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment
|Medium||English / Hindi|
|Study Materials||Free study materials are available|
|PDF Solutions||Available in PDF file|
|Part 1||NCERT Geography – Physical Geography Book Class 11 PDF Download|
|Part 2||NCERT Geography – Practical Work in Geography Book Class 11 PDF Download|
|Part 3||NCERT Geography – India Physical Environment Book Class 11 PDF Download|
You can get the curated solutions that we have prepared for the books that you follow by clicking on the links provided below.
NCERT Book for Geography – India Physical Environment
The Chapters Included in NCERT Physical Environment Class 11 Geography Book
The material that is included in the NCERT books for Class 11 Geography India physical environment is broken up into four different components. This book is broken up into a total of seven different chapters. Additionally, it has an appendix that is divided into five chapters. It provides information on India’s several regions, national parks, rivers, inhabitants, and various states and areas.
Both Unit 1 and Unit 2 provide an overview of India’s geographical position and physical features. India’s climate, vegetation, and soil are all covered in depth in Unit 3. The different natural risks and disasters are discussed in the fourth unit.
Brief Notes on Chapters Included in India Physical Environment NCERT book for Class 11
Chapter 1: India- Location
The first chapter provides information regarding the northern, southern, eastern, and western boundaries of the Indian subcontinent. In addition, the country’s latitudinal and longitudinal dimensions are discussed.
On another map seen in Chapter 1 of the NCERT geography book for Class 11, India’s physical environment is shown to be located in the eastern part of the earth. The next subject that will be covered in this session is India’s total land area. This includes descriptions of the Indian mainland’s towering mountains, large rivers and forests, and vast stretches of sandy desert. It also includes a discussion on the countries that are located near India. After Chapter 1, the project has a selection of questions and tasks.
Chapter 2: Structure and Physiography
The structure and formations of India allow the country to be segmented into three distinct geological divisions. The following are the divisions:
- The Peninsular Block
- The Himalayas and the other Peninsular Mountains
- The Indo-Ganga-Brahmaputra Plain
In the India Physical Environment book for Class 11, all of these divisions are broken down and explained in sufficient detail inside Chapter 2. Students are taught about the characteristics of north-eastern India using peninsular blocks as a jumping-off point. In addition to that, it discusses the rift valleys as well as the remaining mountains.
The enormous Himalayas and the peninsular mountains of India, especially the mountains to the north and the mountains to the northeast, are the subject of the discussion in chapter 2. The following is a list of the physiographic divisions that can be found in India:
- Northern and Northeastern Mountains,
- Northern Plain
- Peninsular Plateau,
- Indian Desert
- Coastal Plains
It is composed of a physical map of India that shows the many mountain ranges, peaks, gulfs, plateaus, and other land characteristics that are found there.
Chapter 3: Drainage System
The flow of water, also known as the drainage pattern of India, is the topic that will be covered in this chapter. To begin, it explains the significant drainage patterns, such as dendritic, radial, centripetal, and others.
The NCERT book for Class 11’s study of India’s geography, The Himalayan drainage system, is discussed in detail in the third chapter’s physical environment section. It explains the development of the Himalayan drainage and the many different river systems that are contained within it. The following describes each river system:
A discussion on the development of peninsular drainage patterns in India is included later in the article. The India Physical environment book for Class 11 has a section titled “Chapter 3,” which contains information about smaller rivers travelling west and east of the Indian mainland. In addition to that, it provides a discussion of the extent to which river water in India can be utilised.
Chapter 4: Climate
Most of India has a warm and rainy monsoon climate that is typical of much of South and Southeast Asia. However, the climate in many parts of India is quite distinct from one another. The unity and diversity of the Indian monsoon climate are discussed in the fourth chapter of the India Physical Environment section of the Geography book for class 11.
This chapter also briefly discusses the differences between climate and weather. This lesson will explain the various factors that play a role in determining the climate in India. These aspects include the following:
Aspects of the location and the relief (latitude, Himalayas, distribution of land and water, distance from the sea, altitude, and relief).
Aspects have to do with the wind and the air pressure.
The next part of the class focuses on explaining how the climate works in India during the different seasons, specifically summer and winter. India’s geography as taught in the NCERT Class 11 book about the physical environment also explains the functioning of the Indian monsoon. This encompasses a conversation regarding the following aspects:
The beginning of the monsoon
systems that produce rain and the correlation between the amount of rain they produce and where it falls during the monsoon season
Break in monsoon
Climate 5: Natural Vegetation
This chapter refers to the distribution of plants in a particular region that has not been altered by human activity, which enables individual species to adapt to the weather and the soil conditions of that location. This article describes the various types of forests. They are
- Tropical Evergreen and semi-evergreen forests,
- Tropical deciduous forests,
- Tropical thorn forests,
- Mountain forests,
- and Littoral and swamp forests.
A comprehensive look at all of these different kinds of forests is provided in this session. The notes on India’s forest cover, forest conservation, social forestry, farm forestry, wildlife, wildlife conservation, and other related topics may be found in Chapter 5 of the India Physical Environment book for Class 11. In addition to that, it discusses the many biosphere reserves that can be found in India.
Climate 6: Soil
The topic of discussion in Chapter 6 is the myriad types of soil that can be discovered in various parts of India. It provides an in-depth analysis of the composition and properties of each different kind of soil. The following are the many types of India’s soil:
- Alluvial soil,
- Laterite soil,
- Black soil,
- Red soil,
- Forest soil,
- Arid or desert soil,
- Saline soil,
- Sub-mountain soil.
The sixth chapter of India The Concepts of Soil Deterioration and Conservation is covered in Class 11 Physical Environment textbook. This session will also discuss the differences between the Khadar and Bangar alluvial soil types. The development of soil is another significant issue covered in chapter 6.
Chapter 7: Natural Hazards and Disasters
The seventh chapter of India’s geography is covered in Class 11. The book on the physical environment discusses the various dangers and catastrophes that the natural world might cause. Before moving on to the more in-depth examination, it offers a clear and concise definition of the term “disaster.”
This lesson will provide a classification of the different types of natural catastrophes. In addition, it features an in-depth analysis of all of the natural dangers India has encountered up to this point. This includes natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, cyclones, floods, droughts, and landslides, among other things. In addition to this, the chapter discusses the various kinds of droughts, which can be broken down into the following categories:
- Dry spells caused by the weather,
- Agricultural drought,
- Drying up of water supplies.
In the India physical environment book for Class 11, the note on disaster management is located towards the conclusion of Chapter 7.
There are five appendices in the Physical Environment geography textbook used in the 11th standard by the NCERT. A comprehensive map of India’s states, along with information on each state’s capital, several districts, total land area, and population, may be found in Appendix 1. This NCERT book has an appendix that provides information on the seven union territories of India, including their populations, areas, and capital cities.
The significant river basins of India are discussed in Appendix 3 of the India Physical Environment textbook for Class 11 of the NCERT. The following is a list of some of these river basins:
- the Brahmaputra
- Barak and others
- Brahmani and Baitarni
- the Godavari
This book has a chart in its fourth appendix that provides information on all of India’s states and union territories, including their total land area and percentage of forest cover. The forest cover can be further divided into two distinct categories. These categories include-
The graphic provides data on the total forest cover and the percentage of forest cover for each of India’s states and UTs. In the Geography India Physical Environment book for Class 11, there is an appendix called “Appendix 5,” which contains a list of all of India’s national parks, along with the total land size of each park. In addition, a glossary of terms that are essential to the study of physical geography is included in this book.
How Can NCERT Books Help to Score Better in Exams?
The NCERT issues books are often regarded as the most helpful resources for CBSE students. These books include all of the features that aid and encourage them to score high on tests; thus, they should be read by students who want to do well. The following are some reasons:
- The textbooks and PDFs used by NCERT have been written by professors using clear and uncomplicated language. There is no use of terminology that is difficult to understand or convoluted. Because of this, students feel that reading NCERT books is highly useful in gaining a deeper knowledge of their chapters in a shorter amount of time. In addition, it increases the length of time the lessons are retained in their memories.
- The NCERT textbooks provide an in-depth analysis of every subject that is included in the CBSE curriculum. Students have an easier time understanding the material on their syllabus because of the topic-wise analysis found throughout the books. The subjects included in each book, including the India physical environment book for Class 11, have been structured methodically to provide a clearer explanation.
- Important facts and information are highlighted throughout the text of each and every subject book published by NCERT. A student’s attention can be more effectively captured in this way. The students are responsible for retaining this information, including highlighted points and facts. Additionally, the textbooks are given a more intriguing tone due to this kind of writing style. Therefore, NCERT books are not repetitive or dull in any way.
- Students can seek guidance from qualified teachers by using the NCERT books. The extraordinary expertise of lecturers has been included in the NCERT textbooks. Students who prepare for their exams by reading assigned chapters from the NCERT textbooks are likely to learn more and perform better on their assessments.
- At the end of each chapter in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment, you will discover a variety of questions for you to answer. You will be able to strengthen both your familiarity with the concepts and your ability to practise them by working through these questions. In addition, a good number of the questions on your test will be similar to the sample questions provided at the end of the chapter. If you can go through these questions carefully and completely, you will have no trouble answering the questions on your tests.
How will NCERT Book Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment help revise?
During the course of revising, you will find that the free download of the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment PDF will greatly help you. It will help you in formulating an efficient study plan and timetable, which will allow you to get a head start on your preparations. You can improve your knowledge of the material by reviewing the following sections from the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment:
- The NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment provides an in-depth explanation of all of the concepts, which will help you in efficiently and completely understanding the subject matter.
- You can make notes and underline essential themes for subsequent revisions using the information that is accessible in the NCERT Book Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment by using the available information.
- Because the language used in the NCERT Book Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment PDF Free Download is so simple and straightforward, you will have no trouble understanding it and getting a firm grasp on the subjects that are being presented.
- After each chapter in the NCERT Book for Class 11, Geography India Physical Environment PDF Free Download is a set of questions for students to consider. You can give these questions a shot and assess how well you understand the chapter by seeing how well you can answer them.
- The themes discussed in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment will provide the basis for all the questions included in your examinations. If you prepare for your tests using the information in this PDF file, you will know to answer any question and perform well on your tests.
- The topics are presented in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment with pictures and drawings, making it easier to learn and comprehend.
What is the importance of the NCERT Book Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment?
Your education would be incomplete without the NCERT Book Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment PDF Free Download. This book is an important component of your whole programme. It will cover a sizeable chunk of the geography portion of your Class 11 curriculum. The value of NCERT Book Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment will become clear to you when you consider the following reasons:
- Seven chapters and five appendices are included in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment, which covers one-third of the material on your geography curriculum.
- The NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment comes highly recommended by the CBSE because it has everything necessary to direct students in the right direction and help them achieve their goals.
- In addition, the significant questions that could appear in your final exams are included in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment. You can strengthen your understanding of the material by giving this type of questioning some practice.
Extramarks and its Special Guidance for CBSE Students
Extramarks has developed into one of the most successful educational platforms available in the country at this time. E-learning has become increasingly popular among today’s students. Students in all classes have access to an outstanding online learning environment provided by the Extramarks app.
Extramarks provides CBSE students with every type of help that is now available, beginning with online classes and ending with chapter notes. In addition to that, the platform provides accurate NCERT solutions. Students have access to all NCERT books and can download them, including the PDF version of the India physical environment class 11.
Given below are some ways in which Extramarks can help you ace your exams:
- All of the students in Class 11 have access to free study material provided by Extramarks, which is intended to help them in learning and perform well on their upcoming examinations.
- The Extramarks website is the only place online where you can find many revision notes, NCERT solutions, key problems, and more.
- Extramarks also offers a mobile application that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, making it even easier for users to access our free content.
- The educational resources that can be found on Extramarks have been compiled and organised for study by subject matter specialists who have worked in this industry for many years.
- Because we want as many students as possible to be able to take advantage of our study materials and do well on their examinations, we do not charge any money for student registrations.
You can add ease to your study routine by downloading the NCERT Class 11 Geography book of India’s Physical Environment at this very minute. Even if you fail to bring the actual copy, you can still refer to this PDF version to clarify your questions and connect to the most recent version of the syllabus. After it has been downloaded for free from Extramarks, users can view it whenever, wherever, and regardless of whether they are logged into the website.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I find the NCERT Geography for class 11 in Hindi?
The NCERT publishes textbooks for several subjects in both Hindi language and English language. The NCERT textbooks for geography and all of the other subjects, including those written in Hindi, are available online and for free. A PDF version of every NCERT textbook may be downloaded from the internet. Students access the PDFs through the NCERT website, which is available online. NCERT has printed all three of its geography textbooks for class 11 students in Hindi.
2. How many chapters are in the physical environment book for class 11 NCERT?
The physical environment book for Class 11 NCERT in India publishes contains seven chapters. The topic of discussion in these chapters is India’s physical geography. It contains chapters on topics such as India’s physiography, drainage system, climate, natural vegetation, soils, natural hazards, disasters, and other similar topics. In addition to that, it has five appendices that discuss the states and union territories that makeup India. In addition, the appendices contain a list of India’s national parks in alphabetical order. Your knowledge will improve, and your understanding of geography will become more solid if you read the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography India Physical Environment.
3. To study practical geography, which NCERT book should I pick?
The Geography syllabus of CBSE Class 12 is covered by the three books that NCERT publishes. Students are to study the second book because it contains more practical geography information. The course is referred to as “Practical Work in Geography.” An introduction to maps, map scale, latitude, longitude, time, map projections, topographical maps, an introduction to aerial pictures, and an introduction to remote sensing are some of the chapters that are covered in this book. You will acquire a deeper comprehension of maps and many other significant geographical ideas with the help of this NCERT book.
4. How many class 11 NCERT geography books are there?
Three NCERT geography textbooks are available for Class 11. In the first volume, physical geography is covered. The third book contains information about India’s physical environment, and the second book instructs practical geography work. Together, these three books cover the Class 11 geography curriculum outlined by the CBSE. To do well in your final exams, you must thoroughly understand each chapter and topic covered in these three NCERT geography books for Class 11.