NCERT Books Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography
CBSE Class 11 NCERT Books for Geography Practical Work in Geography
The National Council of Educational Research and Training, NCERT, is an independent organisation with the mission of delivering high-quality education to students who are enrolled in school in India. The primary focus of its activities is the preparation and publication of model textbooks, supplementary material, educational kits, and other similar resources. Textbooks published by NCERT are at the centre of the educational system. For classes, one through twelve, the educational programme prescribed by the CBSE board is based on the NCERT book series. The NCERT Books have been incorporated into the curricula of all of the state boards of education, not just the CBSE.
Students who want to study geography must have a copy of Practical Work in Geography, which is one of the books of the NCERT. The NCERT book “Practical Work in Geography” conforms to the curriculum established by the CBSE board and was written with that institution in mind. Because of its easy-to-understand language and varied tasks, many instructors prefer to recommend it to their students.
Textbook recommended by the NCERT for Class 11 Geography Work on Exercises Relevant to Geography Students benefits from a conceptual understanding of the material, which also provides an easier understanding. Students can download the book in PDF format, allowing them to get a head start on studying for their exams.
NCERT Books Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography
|Medium||English / Hindi|
|Study Materials||Free study materials are available.|
|PDF Solutions||Available in PDF file.|
|Part 1||NCERT Geography Book Class 11 Physical Geography PDF Download|
|Part 2||NCERT Geography Book Class 11 Practical work in Geography PDF Download|
|Part 3||NCERT Geography Book Class 11 India Physical Environment PDF Download|
NCERT Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography Book
The application of geography Is a component of the education provided by the topic that instructs students on the appropriate utilisation of various instruments and apparatuses in the performance of a variety of measurements, analyses, and comparisons. It offers a methodical approach and discusses various ways of mapping and surveying by conducting analysis using statistical and mathematical procedures.
Books written by the NCERT for Class 11 Geography Students are introduced to all of these approaches to studying the topic during the course Practical Work in Geography. They need to be familiar with and able to adapt these ideas to use them in their ongoing education. The Practical Work in Geography Class 11 textbook also reveals the entirety of the CBSE curriculum for the topic in the clearest and easiest-to-understand manner possible. This ensures that students will have no trouble preparing for the chapters.
The following is a description of the Practical Work in Geography Class 11 NCERT book organised by chapter. Let’s have a glance!
This comprehensive analysis and research led to the compilation of this practical work textbook by qualified industry professionals. The curriculum prescribed by the CBSE board calls for a total of eight chapters to be included in this book.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Map
Students become familiar with maps or a particular region of the world as part of their education in social science subjects such as geography or any other discipline. The term “map” refers to a representation of the entire world or a portion that is easier to understand. The characteristics of a big region can be condensed and displayed in a more manageable format with the use of a map. Students in Class 11 can acquire fundamental elements of map drawing by reading this Chapter of the Practical Work in the Geography Book. These features include
- Projection of map
- Generalisation of map
- Construction and production of a map
- Map design.
In addition, students are exposed to various maps that vary in scale, such as large-scale and small-scale maps, and function, such as physical and cultural maps. Both of these factors are considered when categorising maps. For the sake of research and fieldwork, geologists, scientists, and planners extensively use maps as a vital graphical tool. Students will understand how to utilise it to determine distance, area, and direction, all within this chapter’s material.
Chapter 2: Map Scale
Students learn about the concept of scale, which is an essential component of every map, in the preceding Chapter of Geography Practical Work found in the Geography Book for Class 11. When creating a map, sticking to a consistent scale when sketching the polygons and lines that will make up the map is essential.
This chapter will explain a map scale, how it may be represented in various ways and the benefits of using one. A scale bar that indicates equal divisions and can read in either miles or kilometres is included on every map. A person reading a map can better understand the original ground distance thanks to these divisions. Therefore, it is necessary for students to acquire knowledge of conventional ways of scale representation, such as –
- Scale statements
- Graphical scales,
- Representative fractions.
This chapter also includes the numerical challenges of converting scales so that students can better understand fundamental map-to-ground measures. This is done to facilitate a more effective learning process.
Chapter 3: Latitude, Longitude and Time
Because of the disparity between the polar and equatorial radii, the earth does not have a round form but rather a spherical one. As a result, establishing a position becomes challenging due to the absence of referral points. Therefore, scientists and geologists have drawn out a network of fictitious lines on maps to record the positions of various sites.
Students will be able to learn about longitudinal and latitudinal lines in this chapter of the NCERT Class 11 Geography Practical Work in the Geography Book. They will also be able to learn how to analyse these lines to pinpoint a specific location. In addition, numerous locations on earth are separated into their own unique time zones.
However, if students can grasp the notion of latitude and longitude, it will not be difficult for them to compute the time difference between the two locations. Students can practise for their tests and improve their overall scores by working through a series of numerical problems related to latitude, longitude, and time that are provided in this topic.
Chapter 4: Map Projection
In the NCERT textbook for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography, the map projection is covered. Offers advice on how to convert between longitudes and latitudes on flat surfaces. A globe can provide the most realistic representation of the seas’ and continents’ dimensions and contours. In addition to that, it has the ability to depict the distance and the command precisely.
In the NCERT textbooks for Class 11, the fourth chapter is dedicated to Geography. Therefore, a comprehensive understanding of the map projection is provided. Students can convert the spherical surface of a globe into a flat surface by using this method.
For students to easily translate longitude and latitude on a flat surface, they must also have a solid understanding of the standardised representation of these two coordinates. They also learn about the Rhumb line, the great circle, homolographic projection, and orthomorphic projection, among other things.
Chapter 5: Topographical Maps
The primary criteria for classifying maps are their functions and scales. It’s common practice to count topographical maps among those that serve as general-purpose maps. In addition to that, these maps are drafted at relatively big scales throughout. Important cultural and natural characteristics, such as vegetation, villages, crops, water bodies, mountains, and other features, are shown on topographical maps. Each country’s National Mapping Organization is responsible for creating and publishing these maps.
Students learn that there are two different forms that can be used to make Indian topographical maps in this chapter of the Geography Book that they use for Class 11 Geography Practical Work. They represent –
- India and neighbouring countries
- The international map.
Additionally, in-depth information regarding contours, contour intervals, cross-sections, and hachure is presented in this chapter.
Chapter 6: Introduction to Aerial Photographs
Images that present students with a perspective comparable to what they see with their own eyes are the ones that students are most familiar with. Perspectives such as these are known as horizontal ones. However, as part of their education in geography, students ought to also become accustomed to looking at images taken from a great height in the air. They give the impression of a “bird’s eye view” of the object, which is unusual given that such things are typically observed from a horizontal viewpoint. An image seen from above is said to have an aerial perspective.
Students can learn aerial photography and how to interpret it through the NCERT book for class 11, Practical Work in Geography. This information can be found in Chapter 6 of the book. The process of identifying an object and its relative significance is included in this method of visual interpretation.
Chapter 7: Introduction to Remote Sensing
Chapter 7: Introduction to Remote Sensing: Aerial photography improves humans’ capacity for observation and recording. These days, instruments for remote sensing have been created to cover a greater spectrum of projection, absorption, and transmission of topographies like these.
An in-depth examination of remote sensing may be found in the seventh chapter of the NCERT Geography Practical Work included in the Geography book for Class 11. Students can learn about electromagnetic radiation and its significance on various topics, including remote sensing, grayscale, digital image composition, false colour, and more.
Chapter 8: Weather Instruments, Maps, and Charts
Studying weather patterns is one of the most important parts of geographical research. The state of the atmosphere at a certain location and instant in time can be inferred from the weather. The atmosphere’s pressure, temperature, cloudiness, and humidity are all potential components. Every day, the weather map for that particular day is published by the country’s meteorological department.
Students can learn about the observation method of various weather aspects and data gathering for forecasting in the last Chapter of Class 11 Practical Work in Geography. The chapter can be found in the book Class 11 Practical Work in Geography. Predicting the weather enables people to better arrange their daily activities in light of the current and anticipated state of the atmosphere. Additionally, weather forecasting is essential for the safety of professionals, such as crew members on aircraft or ships, fishers, and other such professions.
Why Should Students Opt for Practical Work in the Geography Book of Class 11?
Because they simplify the material taught, students choose to use NCERT books over other educational resources. In addition, educators favour these books because of the inclusive language and visual aids that they contain. Textbooks prescribed by the NCERT for Class 11 Geography Practical Geography Work ensure that all of the curriculum needs for the students are met, as it is essential for them to construct a solid foundation and achieve conceptual clarity.
According to the NCERT book, Practical Geography offers a comprehensive curriculum in a format that makes learning enjoyable. The following characteristics of NCERT books have made them more popular than those published by other organisations:
- The NCERT books have been written in the clearest language possible, making them simple to understand. The Application of Geography Is a field requiring students to solve various mathematical issues. Therefore, it is essential to have a solid foundational understanding of the notion. Additionally, it helps students enhance their thinking, which is something that can be advantageous for them as they continue their education.
- When students begin to consult NCERT books, they can locate a learning process that is organised sequentially. To put it another way, the subjects are organised in such a way as to produce a systematic method. For instance, the topic of aerial photography is covered in chapter six, while the topic of remote sensing is covered in the next chapter. Both of these chapters are connected to one another in a variety of different ways.
The NCERT has organised the Geography Practical Work in the Geography Book for Class 11 to allow students to connect the various topics. This approach also makes it simpler for students to understand and memorise the entirety of the curriculum effortlessly.
- Students must find solutions to various numerical problems in geography, including map scaling, time zones, longitude, and latitude. They can find various samples of different types of questions along with the solutions to those questions in this NCERT book. Students can learn how to solve these problems accurately and in a shorter amount of time due to this activity.
- In addition to providing text, NCERT books often provide pertinent diagrams, illustrations, charts, and tables. Students benefit from having access to the content of this visual nature since it makes it easier for them to understand the material. In addition, students have an easier time memorising the information when it is presented in a tabular or diagrammatic fashion.
Importance of NCERT Book Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography PDF Free Download
Practical Work in Geography, which is presented in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography, is an important component of your curriculum. It is the textbook that the CBSE recommends for all of the students in Class 11 to use. Learning from the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography is vital for many reasons, some of which are listed below:
- In the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography, in-depth explanations are provided for every topic discussed throughout the session.
- You will find illustrations and examples in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography, making it much easier for you to understand difficult concepts.
- When you have finished going over the material in the chapter from the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography, you may use the questions that are located at the end of the chapter to test your knowledge and get a sense of where you now stand.
- Each chapter of the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography teaches you a variety of topics that will surely come in handy in subsequent classes, such as map design, aerial photography, remote sensing, etc.
- The topics discussed in the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography will provide the basis for every question included in your examinations. This reputable PDF file contains a variety of topics, all of which must be read and understood to fulfil the requirements.
How To Revise With The Ncert Book For Class 11 Geography Practical Work In Geography?
Work to be Done in the Field for Geography in Class 11 Is a topic that takes a significant amount of time spent studying to understand its contents fully. You will need to practise with many questions to succeed in the Geography Exam. You will receive a large amount of aid from the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography, which will enable you to effortlessly learn the principles and keep a firm handle on each topic.
- Always be sure to study the entirety of the chapter from the NCERT textbook before beginning the practical work in geography for class 11. Your understanding of the topics and your general knowledge will improve as a result of this.
- When reviewing a chapter from the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography, ensure you take notes on the key takeaways and don’t forget to write them down. These notes will prove extremely beneficial when it comes to revisions, and you won’t have to read through the entire textbook again.
- After finishing a chapter, you should read back through the questions after it and try to jot down the answers. You can use these questions as a test to see whether or not you completely understand the concepts being tested.
- You should underline or note the significant ideas presented in a chapter so that you may refer to them again while editing it.
- To better understand a subject, refer to the examples and illustrations provided in the NCERT book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography.
- Find as many questions as you can on the topics discussed in the NCERT book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography, and do your best to answer all of them. Your knowledge of these topics will improve as a result.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Why should you prepare using NCERT Practical Work Geography Class 11?
Currently preparing for CBSE examinations, students are strongly encouraged to use NCERT textbooks as study resources. Students can easily grasp even the most difficult ideas and terminology because of the clear language and graphic diagrams contained in these books. Learning how to answer numerical issues in geography is another skill that can be improved by reading this book. In addition, it encourages fresh thinking and perspectives, which helps students apply what they have learned to real-world scenarios. The NCERT Books for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography include pictorial illustrations and practical problems at each chapter’s end. Practical Work in Geography facilitates a calm and even pace throughout the learning process.
2. Which chapters are considered the most important for practical geography?
The NCERT prepared the practical Geography book per the curriculum specified by the CBSE board. This book has a total of eight chapters that present information about the various ways geography may be applied in everyday life. In addition, each of these chapters is connected to the others in such a way that it is simple for students to learn them and improve their comprehension of the overall concept of the contents. To make progress in the right direction with your education, it is vital to study these chapters in the correct order. Therefore, for students to achieve higher marks overall in the examination, it is strongly recommended that they not skip any chapters while studying.
3. What kind of practice should you do to prepare for the practical geography exam?
To begin, it is important for students to have a comprehensive understanding of what is included in the curriculum. It is beneficial for them to be aware of the total number of chapters to devise an appropriate study strategy. Students can set a time limit for each chapter and work toward that goal of graduating on time. Students may find it helpful to approach the completion of the syllabus in this methodical manner so that they have extra time to review the material. Additionally, they should work on as many numerical problems as possible to improve their accuracy. In conclusion, by taking many practice exams, students can conduct an accurate self-evaluation and adjust their level of effort accordingly.
4. What exactly does the term fundamental concept mean in practical geography?
The application of Geography entails methodically researching using various strategies for collecting pertinent data, followed by statistical and mathematical analysis. In addition to this, it explains the numerous instruments and apparatuses that are helpful in the precise collection of these data. You will have the opportunity to become knowledgeable in the data collection methods of mapping and surveying, both of which are commonly utilised. In addition, scientists can use their knowledge of geography to the service of humanity through the application of practical geography. They can make accurate forecasts and take protective measures thanks to the data.
5. Where can I find a link to download the free pdf version of the NCERT book for class 11 geography practical work in geography?
Through the Extramarks website or mobile application, users can access the free PDF download of the NCERT Book for Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography. You can gain free access to the NCERT Book Class 11 Geography Practical Work in Geography if you establish an account on extramarks.com, which will also allow you to download the PDF file. In addition to this PDF, you will have access to an extensive library full of different study materials that you may use to prepare for your tests. Free of charge, we will supply you with example papers, revision notes, and NCERT answers for all of the topics covered in Class 11.
6. Who should use the Practical Work in Geography Class 11 book as a study guide?
Studying this book is an option for anyone interested in expanding their geographical knowledge in areas such as maps, scale, projections, and other related topics. In addition, those who are studying for competitive examinations might make use of this book.
7. Is it challenging to understand the material presented in the Practical Work in Geography book for Class 11?
The terminology that is utilised is quite straightforward and easy to grasp. Each subject is broken down into component parts and shown with relevant visuals to enhance comprehension wherever possible.