NCERT Solutions Class 4 EVS Chapter 25
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25 – Spicy Riddles
The EVS (Environmental Studies) combines three components of studies, namely, history, geography and science. The subject focuses on exploring, developing and conserving nature and its elements. It also gives students a vivid understanding of our surroundings from human, social and cultural dimensions.
Class 4 EVS Chapter 25 Spicy Riddles will help students find out about India’s different spices.
Extramarks provides an excellent platform for students to study from its online library of study resources and live classes. For EVS, we recommend students register on our website and get access to our NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25. Students can refer to chapter notes and practise the solved question papers designed by our team of experts based on the latest NCERT syllabus and guidelines. It will help students revise the complete chapter and score good grades in the examination.
NCERT Solutions Class 4 EVS Other Related Chapters
Key Topics Covered In NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25
The chapter topics covered in our NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25 have been structured to motivate students to identify and understand the importance of spices used in dishes while cooking. The chapter also talks about the uses and health benefits of these spices and finds out where these spices are grown. Moreover, our NCERT solutions study notes will be an excellent resource for students to uplift their confidence to prepare for exams enthusiastically.
This chapter starts with a child named Kuttan, who lives in Kerala. In the backyard of his home, there is a garden of spices. He sees tejpatta plants, small and big cardamoms, and black pepper growing.
Following are the few different spices and their uses as described in our NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25:
- Turmeric is yellow and applied to wounds for faster healing. Most of the wounds are cured with the help of turmeric. It is known as Haldi in Hindi.
- The cloves look chocolate brown. It has a strong fragrance. When we have a toothache, it is used to soothe the pain. The most popular name is Laung.
- Chilly looks red in colour. It comes mostly in powder format, and it is used in food to make it spicy and tasty. It is also known as Mirchi.
- Fennel is used as a form of mouth freshener. Most people prefer to eat fennel after having food as it is healthy for the stomach.
In this chapter, we also see that students are trying to make a spicy potato chaat in class! For this, they require boiled potatoes, which should be easily available for all students in the class. And for taste, they would require salt, mango powder (Amchur) or lemon, and red chilly powder.
Full recipe as given in the chapter:
- Boil potatoes, then peel them and cut them into small pieces. Then add salt, mango powder or lemon juice, and red chilly powder according to taste.
- Add little black salt, roasted cumin seeds, and coriander powder to make chaat more delicious. If required, a pinch of garam masala can also be added at the end. Mix the potatoes with different spices well.
- At last, on top, sprinkle the coriander leaves and hurrah! Your spicy chaat is ready to eat!
From Extramarks NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25, students will further learn that the spices come from a range of plants and trees’ bark, fruits, roots, buds, seeds, or stems. Fresh and dry varieties of spices are available. The flavour of dried herbs is much greater than fresh herbs. But the dried herbs will lose their potency rapidly. Spices are utilised in various dishes, and the usage of different herbs reveals the cultural nuances of each cuisine. Even the most basic dishes can taste different and intriguing by adding a little spice.
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25 – Exercise and Solutions
Extramarks online study materials for primary classes are designed with a lot of engaging exercises and visual demonstrations to keep the young students focused during their studies. We have created subject, and chapter-specific NCERT Solution study notes for students to cover chapter-wise and topic-wise concepts thoroughly.
For example, students can refer to our NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25 to study the chapter Spicy Riddles from Class 4 EVS. Our solutions are a comprehensive set of chapter notes, chapter exercises with answers, revision notes, etc. By studying via Extramarks solutions, students will get a full understanding of the subject and score well in exams.
Click on the links given below to view the question and answer topics covered in our NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25:
In addition to chapter notes, students may refer to past years’ question papers, important questions and revision notes on Extramarks. They can also explore NCERT solutions for different classes based on the links given below.
Key Features of NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25
Selecting Extramarks NCERT solutions will help students score better in the exams. Below
- Our team of subject matter experts has designed the study materials as simple as possible for a better understanding and learning for all students.
- The study materials come with revision notes and practice questions that help students with final preparation before the examination.
- Regularly studying and revising from our NCERT solutions will help to increase our student’s self-confidence for scoring good marks in exams.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What will students learn from Class 4 EVS Chapter 25?
Chapter 25 of Class 4 EVS teaches students about the different species available in India. The chapter covers topics that will help students learn about the importance of spices in our food, how spices are grown, and what are the various benefits of spices. Students can refer to study resources from reputed sources such as Extramarks NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 25 to master the subject.
2. How can one score well in the Class 4 EVS Exam?
Students who desire to get good marks in the Class 4 EVS Exam must follow the tips given below:
- They should attend all the classes to understand the topics in the class.
- Study chapters from the NCERT textbook.
- Prepare notes while studying the chapter so that you don’t face any problems at the revision time.
- Solve all the NCERT questions to comprehend the concepts easily.
- To understand the chapters better, students should try to clarify their doubts regarding the topics.