AMIE Full Form
AMIE Full Form
The Full Form of AMIE is the Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers. For distance-based admission to BE and B Tech courses, the AMIE examination is conducted by the Institution of Engineers in India. It is essential to know that the AMIE Full Form seems to be the only gateway in distance learning for students to pursue the academic field of Engineering.
What is the Full form of AMIE?
In 1935, the Institution of Engineers (IEI) was established by Royal Charter to promote engineering and innovation. Having been serving the country for over 9 decades, it is the largest multidisciplinary expert group of professional Engineers comprising 15 Engineering disciplines. Additionally, the Institution awards the Professional Engineer (PE) Certification. IEI has been a pioneer in setting up national principles for advancing the nation’s industrial base which led to the creation of the Indian Standard Institution (ISI), now known as the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). In a joint effort with Springer, IEI consistently distributes peer-reviewed universal journals across fifteen engineering disciplines in five series.
The following requirements need to be met by applicants to be eligible for the AMIE examination:
- Candidates with or equivalent to a 3-year Polytechnic Diploma in any engineering branch can apply for the AMIE Full Form. In the admission process, there will be no restrictions on scores.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as their primary subjects for this examination.
- Applicants with any training qualifications equal to the above are also qualified to participate in the AMIE Full Form.
Criteria for Technician:
- The qualifying examination must be passed with at least 45% to qualify for the MAIE course.
- An English qualification is mandatory, as well as aggregate marks of at least 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Membership criteria for Senior Technicians include:
There are certain requirements for becoming a senior technician
- While filling out an application for selection, candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- It is necessary for them to be an Engineer by profession in order to be employed as a corporate member.
- It is necessary for them to have a diploma examination in engineering or an equivalent qualification recognized by an institution.
AIME Exam Duration
The AMIE Full Form is equivalent to the engineering graduation degree; even certified students may take the examinations, including:
- The Civil Services examination
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- IES (Indian engineering services)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations)
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
What is the AMIE syllabus?
The syllabus for AMIE includes the following subjects:
- Material Science and Engineering
- Fundamentals of Design and manufacturing
- Society and Environment
- Computing and informatics
Use of AMIE
To get into the AMIE Full Form program, a candidate needs to fulfil some specific criteria under certain parameters. After completing a diploma program in engineering or after Class 12, one can earn an AMIE degree. If candidates are going forward for the AMIE Full Form course after Class 12 they need to register as Technicians and if they are opting for a diploma program they can take up as Senior Technician members.
Job Prospects After AMIE
After completing AMIE examinations, students can be placed in reputed sectors as:
- After clearing the AMIE Full Form examinations, they can become a part of a corporate member of IEI.
- It is possible for them to get into GATE examinations for M.E. / M.tech programs.
- After completing the AMIE Full Form examinations, they can bag promotions in government/ private and public sector divisions.
- A higher position can be obtained with an AMIE certification.
Advantages of AMIE
This (AMIE Full Form) degree holder has been recognised by the HRD government of India and the All India Council for Technical Education. It is also beneficial for students who wish to study abroad. There are various government jobs available to graduates of this course at the state and central government levels. It is advantageous to study abroad for further higher education. While performing the same, students can earn and learn while enhancing industrial knowledge during this duration. It is up to them to choose the engineering field they want to study.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the Full Form of AMIE?
The Full Form of AMIE is an Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers.