BCA Full Form
BCA Full Form
Students may be wondering What Is The Full Form of BCA, Bachelor’s in Computer Applications is BCA Full Form. The undergraduate programme in computer applications lasts three years. Extramarks provide study material for various courses and classes on their website. Students who want to know more about education in India must use Extramarks resources.
What is the full form of BCA?
The Full Form Of BCA is Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form), which is an undergraduate program in computer applications. The duration of BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) is three years. In India, numerous universities and institutions offer this degree programme. BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) is regarded as being equivalent to a computer science B.Tech or B.E. Students who take this course will have a strong academic foundation to pursue advanced careers in information technology and computer applications. Students who desire to pursue careers in computer science and related sectors should take this course called BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form).
Highlights of BCA Course
Some key features of BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) course are:
- BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) is a three-year undergraduate programme.
- BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) has a semester-style examination pattern.
- The 12th grade from an accredited board or university is required for BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) eligibility.
- After passing the entrance exam, there is a counselling process for BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) admission.
BCA Entrance Examination
There are various examinations for getting admitted in a BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form) program. Below given are name of some of the entrance that will students get into a reputed university or college for BCA or Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA Full Form):
- IPU-CET (Indraprastha University -Common Entrance Test)
- AIMA UGAT (All India Management association Undergraduate aptitude Test)
- BUMAT (Bharti Vidyapeeth undergraduate Management Test)
- SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- CUET (Common University Entrance Test)
- UPCET (Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test)
- SUAT (Sharda University Admission Test)
- JUEE (Jagannath University Entrance Exam)
- IEMJEE (Institute Of Engineering And Management Joint Entrance Exam)
Eligibility Criteria for BCA Course
The Eligibility criteria for admission in BCA course is:
- Any stream (Arts, Science, or Commerce) in Class 12 with English and Mathematics as required subjects must have a cumulative grade point average of 50% or higher.
- While some universities do admit students who have completed Class 12 but did not take Math and English as required subjects.
- Although 18 is the minimum age required to enroll in the BCA programme, not all universities require it. There is no maximum age for admission to the BCA programme.
The syllabus for the BCA course has subjects that will help students understand computer application from basic to advanced level in the duration of 3 years. Database management systems, computer architecture, operating systems, web technology, software engineering, and languages like C, C++, HTML, and Java are all included in the BCA curriculum. The need for BCA graduates is rising daily as a result of the continuously expanding IT sector. After earning a BCA degree, students will find excellent work possibilities in prestigious firms like Infosys, Oracle, IBM, and Wipro.
Semester-wise Core Subjects of BCA
The semester wise core subjects of BCA program are
For semester 1,
- Hardware lab
- Creative English
- Foundational Mathematics
- Statistics for Mathematics
- Digital Computer Fundamentals
- Introduction to Programming using C
- C programming lab
- PC software lab
For semester 2,
- Case tools lab
- Visual programming lab
- Data structures lab
- Data structures
- Communicative English
- Basic discrete Mathematics
- Operating systems
For semester 3,
- Interpersonal communication
- Introductory algebra
- Financial accounting
- Software engineering
- Database management systems
- Object oriented programming
- Using C++
- C++ lab
- Oracle lab
- Domain lab
For semester 4,
- Professional English
- Financial management
- Computer networks
- Programming in Java
- Java programming lab
- DBMS project lab
- Web technology lab
- Language lab
For semester 5,
- Unix programming
- OOAD using UML
- User interface
- Designing graphics and animation
- Python programming
- Business intelligence
- Graphics and animation lab
- Python programming lab
- Unix lab
- Web designing project
- Business intelligence lab
For semester 6,
- Design and analysis of Algorithms
- Client server computing
- Cloud computing
- Multimedia applications
- Introduction to soft computing
- Advanced database management system
Career opportunity after BCA
Students can apply for various jobs after completing their BCA. These job opportunities include software development, system analysis, technical associate, web designer, customer support technician, etc.
Some career opportunities after BCA include going for postgraduate course, these can be:
- Master of computer applications: Also known as MCA, this advanced three-year programme emphasises imparting in-depth information in the field of computer science and its applications.
- Master of Computer management: A specialist degree focusing on several facets of computer management is called a Master in Computer Management, or MCM.
- Choose Short-Term Degrees: Students with limited time can choose from a variety of short-term programmes, including PGDCA, PGDBA, PGDM, and others. They can also pursue specialisations in JAVA, networking, cloud computing, etc.
- MBA in Information Management: If BCA students are interested in learning the foundations of information management, they can enroll in this management course.