ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French
ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French
The Local Examinations Syndicate of the University of Cambridge is in charge of creating the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education. The curriculum used in ICSE schools is very different from other curricula, especially in terms of volume and substance. The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations also known as CISCE conducts an ICSE exam at the conclusion of Class 10. The one main thing that has the biggest impact on a student’s grades is the ICSE Board syllabus. To achieve excellent grades in the board exam, it is essential to follow and study the topics covered in it.
The ICSE syllabus is more comprehensive and demands a lot of memorisation from the student. Nevertheless, it strikes a balance by placing equal emphasis on language, the arts, and science. You may get the ICSE syllabus for all classes here. In order to successfully prepare for their upcoming examinations, students must be familiar with the ICSE curriculum. The chapters of the ICSE Board syllabus can be adequately prepared during the teaching and learning process in a particular class or grade because it contains a summary.
The ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French for 2023 is available here. Candidates can use the ICSE French syllabus 2023 Class 9 to analyse the course’s overall structure and prepare effectively. To develop a more effective exam plan, candidates must thoroughly comprehend the material and marking scheme.
Apart from the ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French, Extramarks also offers many other resources such as ICSE Solutions, ISC & ICSE Syllabus, ICSE Sample Question Papers, French Book Class 9, ICSE Revision Notes, ICSE Important Questions, ICSE Question Paper and more.
ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French: Syllabus Overview
Before starting the exam preparation, it is usually necessary to have complete knowledge of the subject matter. We have provided a thorough and complete overview of the ICSE Board Syllabus to make it understandable for students. It will give students a general idea of the subjects and a clear concept of what to study. Making a more effective study plan will be made easier by understanding the curriculum better. Students will use the ICSE Board syllabus as a checklist when revising. It is simple for students to indicate the topics or chapters they have finished. By just consulting the ICSE curriculum, they will be able to determine whether subjects are still on the exam’s schedule.
Students can view the Class 9 ICSE curriculum for all of the important subjects below. Additionally, by clicking on the relevant subject links, they can get the ICSE syllabus. The students must print and paste the ICSE syllabus into the study area. This will support their academic endeavours and regularly remind them of the study schedule.
Aim for ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French:
- To improve and integrate the four language skills—listening, speaking, reading, and writing—into daily life.
- To efficiently and appropriately use the language in issues related to practical life problems.
- To foster an interest in French culture.
- To increase one’s awareness of other cultures.
- To improve the applicants’ capacity for verbal expression of their thoughts and emotions and to help them comprehend the appropriate use of language.
- To recognise language as a powerful tool for communication.
- To comprehend words spoken in ordinary contexts at a normal conversational pace.
- To comprehend the language’s fundamental grammatical structures, vocabulary, and constructions.
One internal evaluation will be worth 20 marks, and one three-hour paper will be worth 80 marks.
- Composition: One brief composition in French, which may include brief explanations, descriptions, narratives, or explanations, is expected of each student. There will be a variety of topics to select from, and language might provide suggestions.
- Letter: Students must compose a letter in one of two styles: formal or informal. The letter’s format will be assessed, including the address, introduction, conclusion, and other elements.
- Comprehension: There will be a 150-word, unseen French passage available. Questions based on the provided passage will be given and answered in French to assess the student’s understanding of the text’s content.
- Grammar: This will involve assessments of vocabulary, syntax, and idiom, such as the creation of French sentences that accurately encapsulate particular words or forms. The question won’t demand that you fully comprehend all grammatical definitions. These are the topics coming in the grammar portion:
- Articles (définis, indéfinis. contractés, partitifs),
- Adjectives (démonstratifs, possessifs, qualificatifs, interrogatifs)
- Tenses (présent, imparfait, passé composé, futur simple, passé récent, futur simple, verbes pronominaux, impératif)
- Negation (ne pas, ne rien, ne …personne, ne … plus, etc).
- Pronouns (sujet, COL, COl, quantité, lieu, relative)
- Comparison (plus de … que, moins de … que, plus de / moins de + nombre)
- Superlative (le plus .. ./le moins … )
- Gap filling (for testing articles, pronouns, prepositions), conjugation exercises (for testing verbs), making questions and negative sentences, correcting errors (for testing adjectives, negation, comparative etc.), correcting jumbled sentences etc.
- Translation and/or Dialogue Writing: There will be one brief passage translated from French to English.
- The translation of one passage will take place from English to French.
- Writing a dialogue (of about 150 words) based on actual events. There might be hints provided.
Skills in oral and written communication that can be introduced from any book that was used for teaching:
1. Topic A – Myself
- Family and Friends
- Important Events
- Interests and Hobbies
- Home and Locality
- Daily Routine
2. Topic B – Holiday Time and Travel
- Travel, Transport and Tourism
- Holiday Activities
3. Topic C – Work and Lifestyle
- Home Life
- Everyday Living and Health
- Work Experience
- The Environment
Schools will prepare, conduct, and record assessments of candidates’ speaking, listening, and creative writing abilities.
Class 9th: Throughout the year, three assessments are to take place.
Benefits of ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French
The following are some benefits of referring to the ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French:
- The ICSE board utilises a more lengthy and thorough syllabus that includes all areas and gives them equal weightage.
- The ICSE course is more interesting and difficult, as well as very rewarding for students who want to pursue a career in management or the humanities.
- The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Board issued the internationally recognised certificate.
- Students from the ICSE board do higher than students from other boards in examinations like the Test of English as a Foreign Language because of the attention given to English in this curriculum (TOEFL).
Preparation Tips For ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French
Here are some of the top ICSE 9th Class exam advice:
- Create a schedule by dividing the curriculum so you can adequately cover the challenging topics.
- Follow your daily study schedule and make an effort to finish at least 90% of the study material assigned for the day.
- Make provisions for your revision on a weekly and monthly basis. Multiple revisions are required if you want to keep the majority of your study.
- To learn the types of questions asked on a given topic, solve question papers from past year examinations.
- Avoid pressure from your studies and stress. Create interest in your course material. You can arrange your study schedule such that the topics you prefer to read about and the topics you like to study are set alternately.
- Stay upbeat and confident. While studying, give it your all. To understand the concepts and increase speed and accuracy, go through and solve many questions and past year question papers.
- Drink plenty of water, eat well, and get enough sleep every night.
Some Tricks for ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French
- Schedule your studies well: Before it’s too late, make a study plan. When learning a subject, be sure to practise the questions that will be asked during the exam.
- Increase your speed: To increase your speed and accuracy for the forthcoming exam, practise answering questions from the last ten years.
- Refer to your books: The majority of ICSE board questions are based only on your books. So, carefully consult your books.
- Maintain your physical health: Remember to work on your physical health; your mental health depends on it. Therefore, it’s not a terrible idea to run in the morning or take a 30-minute break to play badminton in the evening to relieve mental stress.
ICSE Class 9 French Syllabus 2023-24
|Candidates will be required to write, in French, one short composition which may include short explanations, directions, descriptions or narratives. There will be a choice of subjects which will be varied and may be suggested by language or other stimuli such as pictures or objects.|
|Candidates will be required to write a letter from a choice of either a formal or an informal letter. Suggestions may be given. The layout of the letter with address, introduction, conclusion, etc., will form part of the assessment.|
|An unseen passage of about 150 words will be given in French. Questions based on the given passage, will be set, to be answered in French, so as to test the candidates’ understanding of the content of the passage.|
This will consist of tests in vocabulary, syntax and idiom, e.g., synthesis in sentence construction, formation of sentences in French correctly embodying given words or forms. The question will not require detailed knowledge of grammatical definitions. The questions on grammar will include the following:
Conjugation exercises (for testing verbs), gap filling (for testing articles, pronouns, prepositions), correcting errors (for testing adjectives, negation, comparative etc.), Making questions and negative sentences, correcting jumbled sentences etc.
|5. Translation and/or Dialogue Writing:|
|Communication (oral and written) skills that can be covered from any book used for teaching:|
1. Topic A – Myself
2. Topic B – Holiday Time & Travel
3. Topic C – Work & Lifestyle
Teaching and study resource books:
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I get good ninth-grade study material?
The Extramarks website has all the required information, and professionals in the field have created it in such a way that you can trust it. Many resources are available for students, including question papers, key questions, review notes and ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French. Students only need to sign in once to access anything they choose. These sources of material are available to you, and using them will certainly help you ace your examinations.
2. How can students prepare for the ICSE Class 9 French syllabus examinations?
Students can prepare for the ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French in the following ways:
- To obtain a sense of the course structure, make sure you carefully read the complete ICSE syllabus before the kick-off of the academic year.
- Before starting a chapter, compile a list of the topics included in the ICSE syllabus in order to prevent wasting time on unimportant subjects.
- You can estimate how much time each segment will take if you are familiar with your syllabus and the weightage given to the individual sections.
3. What are the objectives of getting familiar with the ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French?
Here are the reasons why it is important to access the 2023 ICSE French syllabus:
- The four language skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading are to be enhanced and integrated.
- Use the language in appropriate and effective ways in daily situations.
- To promote a passion for French culture.
- To learn about diverse cultural perspectives.
- To enhance the applicants’ capacity for verbal expression of their thoughts and emotions as well as their comprehension of linguistic conventions.
- An appreciation for language as a potent tool for communication
- To understand English spoken at a conversational pace in regular contexts.
- To understand the language’s fundamental vocabulary, structures, and structural patterns.
4. What should I do to get prepared for the ICSE Class 9 French examinations?
The only way to succeed in French Class 9 is to practise. Finish the chapter exercises in their entirety. Your problem-solving skill, as well as your speed and efficiency, will improve as a result. You should regularly review any significant vocabulary, definitions, and grammar notes you save in a notebook. Complete sample examinations and practice tests from past years within the allotted time. This can help you develop better time management skills while also becoming more comfortable with the exam format and question style. Revise frequently to help you remember whatever you’ve studied for a longer time. Also, be thorough with the ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French in order to do well in the examinations.
5. What advantages does the ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French offer?
The following advantages are offered by the ICSE Syllabus Class 9 French:
- The ICSE board offers a more lengthy and thorough syllabus that covers every subject and assigns each topic equal weightage.
- The ICSE curriculum is more engaging, difficult, and rewarding for students who want to pursue careers in management or the humanities.
- The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Board gives out the internationally recognised diploma.
- In tests like the TOEFL, which is significant in ICSE, students from this board perform better than students from other boards.